main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Joy in the Morning~ A Jacen and Tahiri fic ~ Epilogue 4/11! Replies and Link 4/15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    How did I miss that post?? :( :_|

Anyway... I can't believe Jaina did that... :mad: If she were my sister I'd have kicked her hard!!! :mad: She'd better start apologizing... :mad:

Just one more?? :( Oh... Well,everything has an end... :)

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    This post is partially inspired by the brilliant val_solo?s J/T vignette (I believe it?s the only J/T viggie out there) This Is For Me. Read it. It?s so good it gave me goosebumps!

Epilogue after this! Replies later!

She should have known that Kyp would find her.

She couldn?t go to her room, it was right next to Jaina?s. So she ran to the Falcon. She had spent a large chunk of her life recently on board it. It was the closest thing to home she had at the moment. She raced up the ramp and into the turret, where she curled up in a tiny ball in the corner.

It figured that Kyp would be working on the ship that day.

She?d barely had time to squeeze a few tears out when he came clomping up the stairs. She didn?t look up as he slid down next to her, his back against the wall.

?You?re giving off fireworks in the Force, ?Ri. I think even the ?Vong could practically find us with all that going on.?

She couldn?t really help it. A smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she laid her head on his shoulder.

?Tell me.?

It was hard to get the words out. ?I heard Jacen and Jaina talk?? hicc??-ing. And Jaina said that Anakin asked Jacen to take care of me and kiss me for him while he was dying.? A sob racked her body. ?I should have known this was too good to be true. I should have known he didn?t really love me. Nobody you love ever stays.?

?Now that,? he said, ?is definitely not true. You?ve got it exactly backwards. Nobody you love ever leaves.?

?Anakin left.?

?No he didn?t.?

She thought about that for a long moment. ?It feels like he did.?

?What?s that got to do with it. He?s still here. And don?t be ridiculous about Jacen. He?s crazy about you. You just have to take one look at the two of you together to know that. Never, ever listen to Jaina. She has no clue what she?s talking about.?

The sound of running footsteps reached her then. She looked up to see Jacen, panting and red-faced, standing at the door of the turret.

She didn?t notice Kyp slipping away. She didn?t notice the tears that suddenly blinded her. All she was aware of was Jacen sliding down beside her and pulling her to him. She felt him kiss her hair and stroke it out of her face.

?Oh, Veil, I?m sorry. I didn?t mean for you to hear that. Don?t listen to Jaina, sweetheart. None of that?s true.?

She lifted a tear-stained face to look at him. ?You really only kissed me because of Anakin??

?No. Actually, I haven?t even given you Anakin?s kiss yet. All of those were from me.?

?Really??

?Really. Why don?t I give you his now?? He leaned forward and kissed her very gently but with much love. Then he leaned back to look at her. ?There. Now every kiss I give you for the rest of your life, you?ll know is from me.?

Her face split into a grin as he leaned in to give her a kiss from him.

3. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Awwwwwww. (*sniff*)

I loved it! Beautiful!

Not going to say anything more. In this case of words, more is less, and less is most definitely more!

~*~Austyn

4. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004

Oh wonderful!

Keep it up, I love this. Though I'm surprised, *double checks author's name* you sure are making Jaina out to be bratty. Great story, can't wait for more!

~M

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie, JJD. I think a sequel would be good. :D

~~Jilly

6. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Awww that was sooo sweet. *snif* I think I'm in need of a tissue

7. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hah! Take that Miss Sword! :p

To take a quote from Han in Destiny's Way, "Way to go, Sprout!" :D

8. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Lovely... [face_love] So sweet :)

I loved it... :D

9. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
  10. wedgeyboy

wedgeyboy Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    I'm still here, I just took a week off, that's all.

Great post JJD!!

Uppers!!

W-boy

11. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    JediMasterKobe- So you?d rather a sequel than a completely new J/T story? Can do? :p And yes, they are few and far-between.

Uh, can I change my vote to a completely new Jacen/Tahiri story? :D The Jaina in here really irks me. [face_plain] ;)

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Austyn- Glad you liked it!

Marsa- Thanks! And my next story, tentatively titled Two will have much more of this type thing. Yeah, I know it?s a little crazy about Jaina, but I really used to like her. Then the NJO really got underway and she just started acting like a complete?yeah?and so this was my way of releasing my frustration about her. [face_laugh]

Jilly- Thank you! And there probably will be a sequel?sometime?

Elfsheen- [face_laugh] *waves a tissue* Here?s one. Glad you enjoyed it!

JediMasterKobe- Exactly. :D Oh, and I love that quote! And a completely new story coming up!

Ireth- Thank you!

w-boy- There you are! Thank you!

Here's the last little bit! :_| I am currently working on a completely new story, that I'll probably start posting on in the next couple of weeks (yes, it is J/T). Also, I'm considering doing a sequal to this, and I promise Jaina will be nicer in it. [face_laugh]

Epilogue

The dying sunlight streaked the sky with russets and lavenders and golds, throwing reflections on the Lake and dying the stone of the Jedi Praxeum a myriad of colors.

Tahiri leaned against her husband and closed her eyes, reveling in the feel of his arms around her and the warmth of the sun on her face. They stood on the balcony of their room, watching the children run and jump and flip and shout on the grass below them. There were a dozen or so of them, all in the sandy robes of the Jedi. But there were only two that Tahiri really watched.

A tiny girl with a multitude of brown curls falling into her laughing green eyes was spinning around holding the hands of an older girl with dark brown hair. Nearby, a blonde boy lay on his stomach, his brandy eyes earnestly studying the small insect in his hand. As she watched, the bug lit up, spilling golden light on the boy?s face and lighting it with laughter.

?I can?t decide if he?s more like you or his uncle,? Tahiri said, laughing. She craned her neck to look up at her husband.

He raised an eyebrow and tightened his arms. ?Well, is Ana more like you or her aunt??

He laughed and shook his head. ?I don?t know.?

?What do you know??

?Not much. Just that I love you. And that I can?t imagine a more beautiful life than this.?

She nodded. ?After all that darkness, we finally found the light. Like the Camasii say, ?Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning.??

He kissed her. ?Amen.?

Then they went back inside and waited for the morning to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 30:5: ?Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning.?

Wow. Ninety pages and seventeen chapters later, we reach the end. Hope you enjoyed the ride and that maybe I converted a few people along the way! ;) (That?s my main goal in life, you know. 8-} ). Thanks for all the support and encouragement and comments, and especially for the ups. Y?all kept me going when I ran dry! I love you all!

Peace out, y?all.

13. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This was a great ending! it was so sweet! I can't wait for your next story to come out!

You're a wondeful writer! Keep it up!

14. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful conclusion, JJD. :) Very nice. :)

~~Jilly

15. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Beautiful ending. :) Love that they have kids.

What quote were you referring to? I confused!

16. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I just read this entire thing, and I love it! There are way to few J/Ts out there! And this is a great one.

17. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
  18. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Wonderful.

Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful.

I loved this!

Can't wait for more of the like!!

What's the little boy's name btw?

And the dard-haired girl Ana was playing with? --can I pretend Luke and Mara had another kid? ;)

Hey wait a minute! Ana!! Awww. Sweet!

UP!!!! ~M

19. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
  20. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    That was beautiful, JJD! Congrats!

~aeryn

21. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    *sniff*

(* in C3PO voice*) I just love happy endings, Artoo, don't you? :p

No, really, I do! :) And this one is exceptionally happy! :) :D :p

LOved it! Laughed and (almost) cried the whole way through! Congratulations on a completed fic.

~*~ Austyn

22. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Aww... Sweet [face_love] Really sweet ;)

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Elfsheen- Thank you! You probably won?t have to wait very long this time! :)

Jilly- Thank you!

JediMasterKobe- Thanks! Me, too. I meant the ?Way to go, Sprout? one. That made me?for reasons unknown?laugh hysterically when I read it in DW.

Dev_Binks- Read-a-thon? Those are fun! I agree; they are too few and far between! Thank you!

Marsa- Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. ;) I haven?t decided on a name for him yet, but I am open to suggestions! Actually, I meant her to be Kyp and Jaina?s [face_devil] but I had also planned on Luke and Mara having another one, so you can pretend anything you like! Glad you finally caught on! [face_laugh]

LumiKuningatar- Thanks! :D

aeryn- Thank you!

Austyn- I do, too! Though I can appreciate a well-written sad one. I laughed and cried writing it?Thanks!

Ireth- Thank you!

Just wanted to let y'all know that I have posted a one-poster. It's basically Jacen/Tahiri, but kinda angsty. If you want to check it out, it is here: Dusk to Dawn.

24. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    I finally finished reading this, and I just have one word:

Sequel!!!!

Sequel sequel! Please? Maybe you've even started to write one and I have no idea...that's what I get for not hanging around the boards!

I love your stories. And I really did especially love this one, it just...well...had some personal moments for me. :)

Can't wait to read more of your stories!

-Mia

25. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    First of all, ?There. Now every kiss I give you for the rest of your life, you?ll know is from me.?
    is probably the sweetest line I have ever read in a fan fic.

The ending... perfect how you explained the title (I don't think anyone could have done it better). If you write the sequel (or any other J/T stories) then please PM me. I thoroughly enjoy your work and wish that you were an "official" SW author. :) But, at least I get to read your work here.

Again, this whole story was wonderful. I can't say enough about it. If you ever decide to archive the story, then I am willing to be one of your betas. :)

Great, great story. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.