main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~*~Joy in the Morning?A Jacen & Tahiri fic~*~*~ link to repost 12/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Darnit- I upped the story- then missed the new postie. That was very sweet. So they're missing everyone and the action already eh? :( Well I guess all good things have to come to an end eventually.

2. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    This hasn't been upped in forever! Been wondering where a new post is. Anxious for more! :)

-Mia

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Up! By the way, I finished 'Mended' yesterday and posted Trickster on the new board. The link's in my bio for Trickster :D

EDIT: Mended Conclusion The link for Trickster is at the bottom of the page.

~aeryn

4. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Are you still writing this JJD??

I hope so.....

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yes, I'm still writing this, and here's MORE! *everyone rejoices, singing the Hallelujah Chorus* ;)

I have no clue where this came from, but I hope you like it anyways.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jacen and Tahiri spent three more blissful weeks with the Reeals, swapping family stories and filling the Nubians in on what had happened with the rest of the galaxy since the rise of the Emperor. It had never occurred to Tahiri that anyone could be so ?out of the loop?, as Anakin?her Anakin?would have put it.

One day, to her surprise, she found that she had begun to have to think of him that way?to distinguish between him and his grandfather. For the first time in her life, she thought of Jacen and Anakin?s grandfather as Anakin Skywalker, not as Darth Vader. She didn?t know if it was a good thing or not, but she did know that it was good for Jacen. She only wished her Anakin had been able to know all of what they had so recently learned.

But somehow, she thought he did know. Both of the Anakins were one with the Force now, dancing the eternal dance Jacen described that transcended life and death.

She spent quite a bit of time mulling over this, as she was now.

?Hold still, Tahiri,? Aira chided. ?I can?t get your mouth right when you chew on your lip like that.? Aira had decided to do busts of both of the young Jedi and had been working hard on them. It was part of the reason they had not gone back to the lake retreat, having commed Baler and Aurelia several days earlier. The two old people were thrilled that their good friends had found that they were related.

Jacen laughed from the front gate as he and a grinning Janren entered the back garden. The two young men had spent the day together, mostly because Aira had insisted that she and Tahiri be able to spend their full concentration on the sculpture. Jacen and his cousin seemed to be getting along well, though. Janren was a fun-loving but steady young man several years older than Jacen who was very dedicated to his politics. He wasn?t a big talker, but then neither was Jacen in most cases, so they got along well.

?Ah, go ahead and carve her like that,? Jacen suggested. ?Make her look like she?s musing, deep in thought, pondering the problems of the galaxy.?

Tahiri stuck out her tongue at him. Jacen, usually so solemn, seemed to take a sort of perverse delight in teasing her, especially here. The carefree, sunshine-filled life of the Reeals, so different from his own family?s, seemed to bringing out the youth in him that he had been forced to bury since the start of the war.

?That sounds more like what your bust should look like, philosopher,? she shot at him.

With that goofy, lopsided Solo grin on his face he held up his hands in a gesture of surrender. ?Watch out for this one,? he advised his cousins. ?Veil?s a spitfire.?

Tahiri rolled her eyes and slid off the high stool, her bare feet landing on the springy green grass.

?We won?t get much done now that they?re back,? Aira sighed, but she had a smile on her face.

?This is a fact,? Tahiri said gravely, glancing sidelong at Jacen. His mouth fell open and he gaped. She walked towards him with an innocent look on her face. ?What? I thought I?d try out the stoic thing. You seemed to find it so attractive in her.?

Jacen shut his mouth with a snap and jabbed his forefinger at her. ?Don?t you even start with me, Veil. I was fourteen. You know I haven?t thought about her in years.?

Aira cocked an eyebrow. ?What?s this? An old girlfriend??

?The Queen Mother of Hapes,? Tahiri informed her matter-of-factly.

?What?? Aira and Janren both demanded.

Laughing silently, Tahiri explained all about Tenel Ka, all the while casting glances at a very chagrined-looking Jacen.

?All right, that?s enough,? he interrupted her, taking her arm. ?I discovered and corrected the error of my ways. You?ve thoroughly converted me now. Satisfied??

She pretended to think this over. ?I don?t know?? she said skeptically.

He bent do

6. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You posted J_J_D!!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
    And that was so cute!!!!!!!

More soon!!

7. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    hehehe...that was cute AND funny! lovely post, JJD!

-JSD

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Cute post, JJD. :)

~~Jilly

9. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Loved it! Waiting for more wonderful posties!

-Mia

10. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Cute.

Great post.

~Lelila~

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    awesome post, jjd. it's good to see jacen loosening up and enjoying himself. tahiri too.

~aeryn

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks, y'all! More soon, I hope!

13. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    A post [face_shocked] It's a post! Wow!

Good one too, I liked the interaction!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    LOL! That was cute. I love the way Tahiri found a way to rustle Jacen's feathers. [face_laugh]

15. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Great job! Good refrence to Tenel-Ka in there too. :)

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

17. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Ooo i missed a post. It was so cute!

Jez

18. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Poor Tenel Ka, but it still was cute. :)

19. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    I am making a general well deserved round of upping fics!!!

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Uppity do da!

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Post this week! I promise! Since I'm now out of school, I now have time to write! Isn't that exciting?

22. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  23. Jaina525

Jaina525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    um..that's good.
    Jaina

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Peeking in for a new post... not seeing one... pushes UP!

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    HA! So I'm a little late...sorry! Here's a short postie to tie you over for a while!

-------------------------------------------------

Tahiri was once again in a sitting for her sculpture with Aira when Jacen poked his head around the door. ?Holo message coming through; Baler and Aurelia are forwarding it; they say it?s from Mon Cal.?

The tiny blonde Jedi jumped up immediately. ?Sorry, Air. I?ll be back in a few minutes.? She raced up the stairs to join Jacen. ?Do you think they?re calling us back??

He shrugged. ?More likely just checking on us. But you never know. Let?s go see.?

A few minutes later they were standing in front of the Reeal?s holosystem, where a tiny blue ghost of Luke was floating in the air. ?You two look well,? his disconnected voice said.

?We are,? Jacen answered.

?You?re not at the Lodge anymore??

The two younger Jedi exchanged glances. ?No, sir. We?re with?friends of the Lodge?s owners. In Theed.?

Luke?s piercing look was evident even by holo. ?There?s something you?re not telling me.?

?We?think it would be better to tell you face-to-face,? Tahiri said slowly. ?It?s not something to discuss over holocomm.?

?Alright, I?ll let it go. For now. Tell me, how are you two doing??

?We?re better,? Jacen said firmly.

?But restless,? Tahiri added.

Luke laughed. ?Doesn?t surprise me. Jacen?s half-Solo, half-Skywalker, and Tahiri, well, you?re a Jedi. I?m sure you both feel the burning need to be back here trying to save the galaxy.?

?Not save it,? Jacen corrected. ?Just?do what I can for it.?

Luke nodded. ?That?s very noble of you, Jacen. I don?t think your parents and I have ever got it into our heads that it isn?t the three of us that keep the galaxy spinning. I?m glad to see you?ve learned that lesson early. Do you want to come back??

Tahiri glanced up at Jacen, taken aback at this change of subject. ?Well, we?? She couldn?t think of anything to say.

Fortunately, Jacen finished for her. ?We love it here, but we don?t feel right being here. We?re neglecting our duty. We?d love to come back?if you can promise we?ll get to return to Naboo when the war is over,? he finished with a grin.

?I think I can safely promise that. If we win. Otherwise, I doubt that Naboo will be there for you to visit.?

?That?s why we need to come back,? Tahiri said determinedly. ?This place is so wonderful?we need to keep it safe, in any way that we can.?

?Both of you are surprising me with your maturity. I tell you what. As soon as I can spare someone, I?ll send a pilot to fetch you. It?ll be a few days, but within a week or two, I can guarantee you you?ll be in the thick of the fight again.?

?Thank you, Uncle Luke. May the Force be with you.?

?And with the two of you.? The apparition-like miniature Luke wavered, then disappeared.

Jacen turned to look at her. ?Well, we got what we?ve been wishing for.?

She sighed. ?To a certain extent. And, go figure, now I really don?t want to leave. But we have to, I suppose. At least we have a few more days with the Reeals. And we?ll want to go back to Baler and Aurelia?s before we leave.?

He nodded solemnly. ?These are some goodbyes I really don?t want to say.?

?But you found more family, Jacen. With family you never really have to say goodbye.?

He smiled softly. ?That?s true. And they?re your family, too, now, you know. Anakin would have wanted it that way.?

She smiled back, her eyes shining. ?Thank you.?

?You?re welcome.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.