main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Joyful Moments"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StaryKnight, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StaryKnight

StaryKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2006
    I recently went to check out another StarWars site dedicated to the EU. In it the give a synopsis of what to expect from the LOTF series and aolt have already come to pass. As I kept on reading the last thing I say was that Sue said that as the series progresses we can expect to see some "joyful moments". So far the only thing I've seen that can be cataloged as joyful was the little time Mara and Ben spent together in Sacrafice. Say what you want about Maras character but it was heart warming to see the two of them together bonding before the climax of that story. What other "joyful moments" do any of you think can come about in this tale of civil war, betrayl, and a Sith Lord rising? *note*: Please be serious and no sarcasm.

2. Suspen-Dead

Suspen-Dead Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    The Solos bonding with their granddaughter. That would be a heart-warming moments.

3. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    "joyful moments"... hmm... the family dinner in Betrayal was pretty decent in that regard evne if it is sort of a "last time they were all together" sort of thing. and Jaina and some guy with dark hair, green eyes, and great piloting and/or Jedi skills getting married at the end could be nice. and as mentioned, the Solos finding out they are grandparents will be a great moment, even if the odds are the grandchild will become an orphan soon afterwards.

4. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    ^^That would be a good one, but why would you say the odds are that Allana would be an orphan by the end, that wouldn't be joyful at all. By the way that family dinner I don't classify as joyful because it was the catalyst for the Skywalker/Solo breakup which was not something I enjoyed.

5. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    "Joyful Moments?"

uhm... Anakin Solo appearing out of nowhere, and slicing Jacen's foolish head from his body.

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, the dinner was hardly joyful. Actually, it was rather like a realistic family dinner, with one of the folks (Han), getting angry, acting like an ass, and then storming off. Ahh, awkward family moments :p IIRC Han was so mad, he went off to the kitchen to wash dishes with Threepio. ;)

Joyful moments... the only thing that comes to mind is Vergere being revealed as a Sith, but that's only joyful for part of the fandom :p

7. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    ^^Yeah, I'm talking about joyful for the characters not us.

8. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    If force ghosts had the ability to do that I'd agree with you but they can't and I think you know that.

9. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Joyful moment? The last page of the last book because it means this worthless series is finally over. Who wants a reboot of Post YJK?

10. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Vergere = Sith is one of the things that I really don't like thus far. Luckily, its been packaged in a way that I can not believe it. It simply doesn't make all that much sense to me in the context of some of her actions.

I really don't think that the offing of Tenel Ka would be a wise choice. The authors would have eliminated yet another next generation character and effectively remove Hapes from the story arc for awhile. Alana could not rise to the throne at her age, and there really isn't anyone we can care enough about back there to drive the story.

My expectant "Joyful Moments" is that Luke and Ben will finally connect and Ben will become a character unlike Anakin Solo, but still strong enough to fill the void left behind.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    There have been some good ideas. Han & Leia bonding with their granddaughter, for sure, as well as Luke & Ben bonding and growing closer in the wake of tragedy. Maybe Jaina finally finding happiness?

12. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I'm still hoping for that last page.

13. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    *fixed

14. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Soontir as Emperor Fel.

15. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    lawl, I was going to say "happiness... or some page time?" But with Inferno coming up, that problem should temporarily be fixed. Or maybe she'll spend the next three series's saying "I think it's time for me to start being the Sword of the Jedi!" :p

16. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    *Raises hand* Yep, I want that very much. Bantam, please get the contract back...

17. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    So who do you think should be the next to get killed off? Not that I think anybody should considering thats not joyful.

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Agree with Kidan on this issue, I do.

19. Crox

Crox Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2006
    I agree with the Solo bonding one.

I'm also very surprised to see the same few people constantly complaining about post-YJK and acting as if YJK was the pinnacle of the EU. It's really very unexpected.

20. Suspen-Dead

Suspen-Dead Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2005

It's not that, it's just that many people take issue with the way many of the characters developed in YJK was ignored in the post-YJK era.

21. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    The one moment that springs to mind from LOTF as being "joyful" was the last Mando scene in "Sacrifice". I mean, the ships are getting ready to launch, Boba's new clansmen are all gathered, and even that "cold-hearted" barve feels slightly happier for the occasion that things are taking a BIG turn for his people.

22. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Compared to a great character ad warrior like Canderous, Boba is a loser. Not an interesting character at all. He may have cool armor, but the overall character is bland.

23. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    I'm very surprised that people are already ignoring StaryKnight's request of
    Please be serious and no sarcasm. Can this please not be an "OMG LOTF IS T3H SUX0RZ" thread? There are enough of those that spring up every day.

24. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I think a "joyful moment" would be for Jacen to accidently get killed while meditating on a ship only to have it holed by a meteorite & for him to get spaced. Han & Leia will mourn for a bit but they'd never find out that their son was a Sith Lord. With Jacen gone & hopefully Cha Niathal caught in some scandal the Corellians & the GA will come to their senses & realise how stupid they've been. They'll make up, war will be averted, Luke, Ben, Han, Leia, the other Jedi, Boba, Mirta, Sintas, the other Mandalorians & everyone else in the galaxy can just go on about their peaceful lives.

<---Deadly serious. :)

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Being a Fett fan I'd consider Boba's being cured and finding his granddaughter joyful moments. It almost made up for Jacen killing his daughter. And there is potential for another good thing for him and his granddaughter after events at the end of Sacrifice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.