main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jude Watson why has she not be given an adult book

Discussion in 'Literature' started by fett 4, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    After picking a couple up in my Libary to my suprise I found Her Jedi Apprentice and Quest series despite being for young readers are rather good They also have the Starwars feel to them.While An adult could read them just as well and find them entertaining as a child. So I am kind of wondering why she has not be given a chance to do a more older Starwars book.
    I mean an adult book of Obi-wan and Anakin in the clone wars would be really great.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Maybe she's not good with them big fifty-dollar words. ;)

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Because her books really aren't that great. I've found factual mistakes in them and the writing is just not all good for an adult star wars novel

4. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Who?s to say that she hasn?t been offered the chance to write an Adult SW novel? From my understandin, she is one of the most highly regarded SW authors by LFL. It is more likely, that she is devoted to writing for younger readers, that is her niche.

5. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Couldn't agree more with the original post, I'd be happy with a longer book from this author. Personally I really enjoy her series, I wonder if she'll write some more Star Wars after the Jedi Quest series ends?

6. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I totally agree with the sentiment that Jude Watson should be given the chance to write an adult SW novel or even a trilogy. The Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest novels really explore the characters and the dynamics of their relationships with each other. Her best book ever is Legacy of the Jedi. She really made me understand Dooku and his motivations. She really nailed down that Dooku the Jedi was someone that did good for all the wrong reasons. He had no interest in helping others only gaining status that successful missions would gain him within the order and the galaxy at large. Dooku just wants to be the winning side no matter what side that is. I would LOVE to see her write the story of how Dooku met Sideous and why he chose to join the Sith.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Jude Watson is without a doubt a vey talented author. I would be overjoyed is she were to write a full length novel.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    She's already done "trilogies" in a way. Many of the Jedi Apprentice books have stroylines that span multiple books. The one about the whip-weilding bounty hunter and Jinn's rescue from Zan Arbor is one example. Combine all those books together, and you will have a larger single book.

9. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I would hope she would do an adult novel because I love her books but she had so much pressure put on her about the kids books it doesnt seem fair for her to have more pressure on her.

10. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I like her because she portrays Anakin as human, with a conscience, and sympatheically.

Obi-wan fans think she portrays him in a bad light, but she doesn't. She portrays Obi-wan as conflictd, guilty, feeling inadequate as a master. Very real emotions. OW fans perceive this as being written weak, but I don't find that. He's a young man, and he has a such big responsibility.

She really illustrates well that subtle miscommunications can turn even the best relationships sour. It's the way it really is. Misunderstandings that build resentment.

And Palpatine is an ever-present shadow over their relationship. Obi-wan hates it, but what can he do? Yoda and Mace think he' fabulous.

11. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    The angst isn't all that great. It's overdone in my opinion. But if that's what the kids like these days, more power to them. The story lines seem to repeat as well, although they can be fairly exciting.

Then again I was only able to force myself to read 9 of the Jedi Academy books and only the first of the 5 Jedi Quest series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.