JCC [juliet] 20 kids got stabbed in philly or pittsburgh or something

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Apr 9, 2014.

1. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    It does say it is supported by pillars, though. And the Bible never describes the Earth as round, only as a circle at best.
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Waiting on those coordinate invariant descriptions of motion.
  3. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There do appear to be a fair number of Flat Earthers who claim biblical support for their theory.
  4. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7

[IMG]
  5. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    @Anakin Solo Revanchist

Please explain how, according to your formula, the distant stars can move many, many, many times the speed of light.
  6. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    What about Jesus commanding the disciples to go to the four "corners" of the world?
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    That was meant to be a joke not to be taken seriously. What a Lord....that's just silly.
  8. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I must admit I've not searched very long or hard but the only reference I can find to four corners of the earth is in Revelation 7:1 - I'm pretty sure that's not Jesus talking, it's written by some bloke called John speaking about a vision he claims to have had:

"Corners" returns 37 results in the KJV; they all seem to relate to idols, altars, houses, streets and a ****ing parachute of some kind.

"Four corners of the world", etymologically speaking, seems to have its roots in 16th Century Europe (relating to the four continents that they knew about at the time) so I suppose that the KJV, being written at the start of the 17th Century, may have translated an older turn of phrase into a more contemporary one.

I can't find an example of Jesus saying it, it's unlikely he would have said it (I think the earth was supposed to have three corners at the time anyway), even if he did say it it'd be more easily interpreted as use of common parlance rather than a specific scientific claim... Though you could, if you were dishonestly quote mining, take it as a scriptural claim that the earth has four corners. So let's do that.
    Last edited by V-2, Apr 21, 2014
  9. slightly_unhinged Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I like the idea of a three cornered world. Like a tricorn hat. Or a star destroyer. Or something else triangular.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  10. tom Chosen One

star 6
  11. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  12. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    I was misremembering Acts 1:8
    8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

I believe there may be other references, not said by Jesus, in the Bible. But my main point was to the guy who believes in geocentrism because that's in the Bible, to try and show him how silly he was being at taking everything literally.
    Last edited by Ghost, Apr 22, 2014
  13. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think he's entirely serious any more. :/

Should we expect the son of god to be aware of geography and speak in timelessly unambiguous language though? Probably.
  14. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    So have those stabbed people recovered fully yet?
    Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.