main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [juliet] 20 kids got stabbed in philly or pittsburgh or something

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Apr 9, 2014.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    [​IMG]

I'm surprised this meme doesn't mention smashing their heads against rocks too.

TX-20 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That Aussie bastard.

Ender Sai likes this.
  3. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Does it really? A serious not provocative question, I read through the thing about 20 years ago and probably missed a lot. The only thing I remember is the list of abominations in leviticus, where a man lying with another man appears along with stuff like ploughing to the edge of a field.

I'm secretly hoping that murder is demanded for all those commiting abominations so I can start a campaign to slaughter agriculural farmers in the name of the lord.

harpua likes this.
  4. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Yep, Leviticus 20:13. There is a ton of seriously evil, ****ed up stuff in the Bible. www.evilbible.com

slightly_unhinged likes this.
  5. slightly_unhinged

Jan 28, 2014
    Thanks, must've been daydreaming through that bit! I remember cursing my mother a fair bit when I was young and I've had a brief fling with a married woman so it turns out I need to be killed to death. Twice.

Edit: on the basis that god demands my death and that I'm not the easiest person to kill, I suggest folk be allowed to keep their guns.

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Have you considered moving to a country with laws more in line with your belief system? Perhaps America, given your obvious fondness for the Second Amendment?

7. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I would think Iran would be more suitable. Or North Korea.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Is relevant to Star Wars.

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Not that I'm particularly inclined to step in here, as we've do this routine a few times a week at this point. But it is worth reviewing that his response to your post here was essentially correct. He told Ender that the scenario described would be unlikely to unfold because the religion(s) in question wouldn't condone it. That's true. He could've made exactly the same post if responding to someone who said "Doesn't it sound like they're at a crawfish broil?!"

Again, I won't quibble too much, since he also seems to legitimately hold the views you since took him as espousing. But technically, he just started out talking about what a particular religions thinks about one thing, not describing how we should think about it, or much less how it should be treated as a legal issue.

EDIT: Also, since it was the post immediately above that brought me here via alert, what are you talking about? Star Wars?

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, that post (Arawn's, I mean) made me think, "wtf," but I decided to disregard it.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Satan and guns.

I think they're in Star Wars.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Well, it takes something beyond the natural to explain why a sequel wouldn't even mention the resolution to a "mystery" that the previous film spent at least an hour setting up as central to its plot.

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What are you talking about?

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I would agree, but sadly stupidity is not beyond the natural.

15. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Sifo-Dyas and who ordered the Clone Army. It was like this huge plot concern in AOTC, and thereafter they pretended like it never happened at all. There are few times I can remember any movie or television series just dropping a plot point so blatantly.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, that.... yeah, I don't really think about the prequels all that much. I just accept that they're awful and go on with my day.

Point Given likes this.
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    1) Anakin and Palpatine.
    2) The dark side.

18. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Oh, delicious irony.

19. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Paraphrasing:
    Matthew 18:6: Whoever offends a child, it would be better for that person had a millstone bound around his neck and he were cast into the sea.
    Lamentations 2:20: The women of the heathen that overran Jerusalem were the ones that ate their children.
    Ezekiel 5:10: The fact that fathers ate their sons and vice versa was cause for God's judgment on those people.
    Lamentations 4:4: A simple foretelling of Jerusalem's desolation.
    Genesis 19:24 was the destruction of the homosexual cities Sodom and Gomorrah. There was none found righteous in that city other than Lot, so the angels evacuated him and told his family to not look back. Leviticus 10:3 is God's punishment to Aaron's sons for burning strange incenses. The priests of the Old Testament were called to be pure and holy because of their duties, and if they weren't, the glory of God would overcome their sinful flesh.
    Exodus 12:29: The call to execute the firstborn came out of Pharaoh's own mouth, and God used it to establish the tradition of the Passover, which would foreshadow Christ's death in out place.
    Deuteronomy 21:21: One of the commandments is to honor thy father and mother, that thy days may be long in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. It says later that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and also "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." The law only brought death, which is why Christ came and fulfilled the law, and died having done no wrong, so that if we believe and follow him, we are under grace and no longer accountable to the punishments of the law.
    Joshua 10:36: Crossbreed species of fallen angels and human women. Their very existence was abomination, which is why God wanted them completely purged, and for the Israelites to not learn their ways. They didn't finish the job, though, so they did suffer many hardships over the years.
    Nahum 3:10: After Jonah preached to the Ninevites, they repented of their evil, but it didn't last. Nahum went to prophesy the complete destruction of the city because they backslid.
    Matthew 19:29: A metaphor for abandoning everything you once knew to follow Christ. Leave your families and your lands, and follow Him.
    Revelation 2:23: The letter to the church of Thyatira. This is obviously spiritual, because the context is still talking about the "prophetess" Jezebel. Jezebel was the wife of King Ahab, and she was a worse kind of person than he was. Jezebel represents the spirit of transferring authority, as in how she had Naboth killed so Ahab could have his vineyard. And she represents a spirit of fornication, which is what the passage here is referring to. She'd been dead for hundreds of years, this is obviously not talking about her literal children.
    Deuteronomy 32:24: This passage is referring to the generations that turn from God's commandments and spite those who keep them. Nowhere is it referred specifically or indirectly to children.

So there you have it. Either you just pulled something off the Internet without checking your sources, or you're the king on misinterpretation of God's Word. The first passage should be enough to show you how God views children.

V-2 likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He sets them on fire if they live in a city that ignores some dude telling them to repent?

Nice guy, that one.

21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You must admit that was a decent rebuttal though.

RC-1991, harpua and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  22. slightly_unhinged

Jan 28, 2014
    Yeah, it all makes perfect sense now. God goes nuts with a flamethrower when kids burn incense, kids in a town where folk are having same sex relations deserve to be murdered, children rebelling against their parents are witches who had to be killed until Jesus did a magic trick and genocide is all good and holy against the offspring of angels and men. Where do I sign up?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    So how does one describe a Juliet thread for now on?

V-2 likes this.
  24. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    beezel what in child-murdering god's name are you on about now?

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Take a tragedy, add some religious numb-****ery, make the thread funny as hell.