main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July '05 Meet Thread: Cookout & BK Toy Swap @ Eric & Sarah's 7/24/05

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    What: Cookout and Burger King toy swap
    When: Sunday, July 24 @ 1:00 PM
    Where: Eric (kamsolusar2) and Sarah's (YodaChick) in Weymouth, MA

I'm sure many of you already know where Eric & Sarah live from the recent all-day viewing event, but please PM them if this is your first time there and need directions. For those taking the T, the Plymouth/Kingston commuter rail line from South Station stops @ South Weymouth station. If you are taking the train in, please post so we can arrange rides from the station. Also, as with all hang-out meets of this type, please bring some food or drink and post what you're bringing so we don't stick Eric & Sarah with a lot of one thing.

Susan (PadmeSusyQ) suggested that we make this the official BK toy swap meet, so I thank her for the idea. Bring your collection (at least your extras) so everyone can round their collection out.

Eric & Sarah: Do you have a VCR available? I have the American Film Institute's recent tribute to George Lucas on tape, and I'd like bring it with me so that all those who missed the show can see it.

As for me, I'll probably bring a couple of bags of corn chips for people to munch on. Eric & Sarah, I'll PM one of you later for directions as my usual guest will be accompanying me & he's driving. :)

2. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    Excellent! My July plans are still in flux with sick relatives and travel but if I'm in town, R2 and I will be there :) Mags will be at her grandparents but maybe my Woockiee will join me this time.

3. Cherijo

Cherijo Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    If I can get off from my job I would love to come! I also have a car, so if anyone out in the burbs (metrowest) needs a ride, just holla... Anywho, I should know my duty sched. by the end of this week!

4. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    sounds great folks!! the 24th it is. i am also BBQing on the 3rd and possibly on the 17th(for my sister's 18th Bday). the door is always open and there is always enough. :) sarah. and yes I have a VCR so please bring the tribute. FYI it is also possible to take the red line to braintree which is only about ten mins. from my house...

5. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    ah... what wouldn't my post be without a Star Wars quote?

"Count mesa outta dis! Better dead
    here, den deader in da core...Yee
    guds, whata mesa sayin?!"-Jar Jar Binks.

That's word for word from the script =).

6. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    this is next Sunday right? can everyone who is going confirm because they need to buy BBQ material =).

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I was going to post a reminder tomorrow, but thanks for posting ahead of me, Fonger. I'd also like to add that if ppl are taking the T, that rides can be arranged from the Braintree Red Line station, so please post if you're taking the T in.

8. PadmeSusyQ

May 13, 2005
    I will be there. I got my new Darth Vader Cooler with replacement posters so I can bring Darth and R2 if you want. I'll also bring ice if I bring the coolers and some soda.

9. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    well i sure hope some people are planning on coming by!! and i hope it cools off enough for me to tolerate mowing the lawn or we will be BBQing in the jungle! (just kiddin) see ya sun. sarah

10. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i'd like to have steak tips but i dunno howto marinate it American style and if i did wouldn't have time (school homework). i wouldn't mind paying someone to do it for me =). i'll put up $20 or however much it takes for some good ole' American-style marinated steak tips. i'm gonna bring the $.

i think those who are going should specify what they want so Sarah+Eric have time to prep. all i need are steak tips and i'll be in steak heaven =). if ya want hot dogs, burgers, wings, speak up!

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I could go w/ burgers and/or dogs. I do know that Rosie is a vegetarian, however, so just make sure there are veggie burgers available if she comes.

12. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I could go w/ burgers and/or dogs. I do know that Rosie is a vegetarian, however, so just make sure there are veggie burgers available if she comes.
    I am not a vegetarian, but veggie burgers are actually good tasting.

13. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    haydenfan you coming? who is coming? at least stop BY! =).

14. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I don't think that I can come, but have fun.

15. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    yeah veggie burgers are good and I do have a few of those and also turkey burgers. i have plenty of soda, burgers, dogs and rolls. i sure do hope it cools off or it will have to be a cook out and eat in event! anyone heard from old jedi master wade? i know he was anxious to whip out the star wars trivia game!

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi Sarah

Wade has been pretty quiet. There has been some activity on the Rhode Squadron board, but he hasn't been involved in it. I'll PM him and make sure he knows about Sunday.

17. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    For those who are going to the meet, have fun!! May the Force be with you! :)

18. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Attendance:

kamsolusar2 and YodaChick (w/ a couple of relatives)
    Wildstar02301 (w/ the "usual" guest)
    PadmeSusyQ (w/ husband)
    JediFonger

I brought up the upcoming convention and event schedule during lunch. Roseanna might want to clarify FanForce's involvement in next month's CauldronCon when she comes back from the hospital, but there will be no FanForce table at that event that I'm aware of. Boston Rebels members may want to be aware, however, that if they wish to attend CauldronCon, advance membership sales end tomorrow.

After lunch, we screened the recent American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award Tribute to George Lucas. As far as the toy swap, there wasn't much swapping done, but Susan (PadmeSusyQ) did bring her extras for those who had holes in their collection.

Thanks to Eric and Sarah for hosting, and everyone who attended.

19. PadmeSusyQ

May 13, 2005
    It was most fun to meet folks and thanks a ton to Sarah and Eric for hosting. See ya at Cauldron Con!!!!

20. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    thx 2 SE (Sarah&Eric, aka Special Edition) for being so gracious.

"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."-Jango Fett (AOTC).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.