main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July 10 & 11th BIG NEWS UPDATE 7/7.... and roll call list.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hey everybody, I haven't had the meeting with them yet, but WOTR was afraid they would not be able to pull this off with such short notice. Now that they have the support of us & the 501st they are feeling better about it.
    They do want to have all kinds of stuff going on & I wanted to know some of your ideas?????? Face painting, SW ballon animals, kids making stuff, trivia??? Just throw ideas out there and maybe what you would be able to pull together. I will let you know more tomorrow but for right now I need the brain power of the mighty RMFF :D

Thanks,
    Your loving CR :p

2. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I wish I could play.....

3. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    You can help with ideas :D I know your there in spirit, we will miss you :( Hope your having fun.

4. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    :) Thanks Kim

I will vote for pin the tail on the SITH....I think DH or SS WILL DO FINE :D

Can you advertise a costume contest for the masses? May be too short notice.

Have to have a trivia contest! I would say put questions in a hat, have the chosen one answer...to avoid confusion.

Which movie is it? Quote a line from one of the movies and have the guests choose the correct one.

I have not slept in 2 days so I will get back to you with more creative ideas soon....

....I can't believe I am going to miss this :(

5. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    ahhh i think i just doubled booked...i need to double check..ha ha no pun intended...but i think i planned to hike a 14ner on the 10th!! i need to double check...maybe i can make it on the 11th.. I'll let you know ASAP.

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Melody, look, yu gotta get yur priorities right, girlfriend......DAT MOUNTAIN AIN'T GOIN' NOWHERE!!!! FLOL!

7. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I agree tim. plus your doing stuff with us. we are so much cooler than a dumb old mountain.

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    WOTR wants us there on the 11th too :D

I was thinking to have the kids make something, like there own X-Wing out of TP center thingies, paper towel center thingies (for a lack of a better term at this moment). Egg cartons & what not???? I just have no idea where we would get a bunch of this in a short notice & what kind of SW stuff kids could make out of it??

9. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Is Leah gonna be there? She could teach the younglings how to make nifty origami x-wings & Ties.

"Pin the tail on the Sith"...

Maybe pin the braid on the padawan?

10. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    hey be nice, it's my first 14ner and i have lived here for almost 2 years...not counting the two summers i lived in estes park. sooo, this will be such a sense of accomplishment. :) that or kill me...either one. ha ha

11. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Pin the Lightsaber on the Sith--or Jedi.
    How about a bean bag toss to knock over things like star wars beanie buddies.
    Too bad we can't have people throwing water balloons at someone sticking their head through a board--like Sith-Slayer in Maul get up. [face_devil]

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, that's too bad...

13. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    refraining from comment....*cough, cough*

14. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I think I can scrounge up stuff to build their own space ships

that is always a fun one for kids=)

you know, optical illusions and puzzles would be fun too so they can "still their mind" to better control the force....

15. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Now that everything has calmed down a bit for me, I was really hoping I could make this, but as it turns out, it conflicts with pom camp up in Boulder. :( I haven't seen everyone in so long!

I'll be at the BBQ, I promise! :*

*SB*

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    We expect to see a Cheer or three at the BBQ, SB...

17. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Eek. This is turning into a whole weekend event. I know for sures we can do 1 day, but I doubt we can do 2. Who's helping take apart the bird and load it onto the truck on the 12th?

Also, don't we need a list of people who will be there to give to Lance so we can get in for free?

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Aye, that ye do.

19. TK680

TK680 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    If y ou want give y our list of at tendees to Kevin COS_VADER to forward to Lance. Kevin volunteered er was volunteered ;) to be the goodwill ambasador of the Mountain Garrison to the RMFF. :)

I will help in any way I can though.

JOhn

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Everybody STOP!! I will update more on what went on at the meeting later. I need the list of attendies to give to WOTR, Lance is to give them the 501st list.

I will make this thread into the roll call list as well as ideas, I think we are done with the idea part.

I'm very busy at work & with costume planning & WOTR event so please hold on for the info, thanks.

21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I will be there on the 10th

11th I am checking on

22. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I will be there in disembodied Sith Spirit. I'm certain that we will be well represented.

23. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    What does the time frame look like S_C? Do you want people to be there all day, or like shifts? I can do a few hours each day, but I don't think I can be there all day both days. :)

24. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    man this is killing me...hike the 14ner or come play star wars...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

25. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    They would love it for us to be there 30 minutes before they open, both days. No not everybody needs to be there every minute. I will be there for sure all day Saturday & maybe Sunday???? We do have to set up a table on Saturday we can leave it up for Sunday & then break down on Sunday. We need to bring chairs. I will post tonight about what else we are going to do or need people to do. They have NO problem getting people in on the list that have costumes, it was the part of the non-costumed people that they are having a little issue with. I did tell them that my group could have as many as 35 people on the list but that would be some on one day and some on the other day, some for all day & some for shifts. They had no problem with that. I did tell them that we were making t-shirts so we could be identified right away. They are making us special name tag things as well.

Again I will post more about what we will need to do to get ready for this event, what I'm working on, what the 501st is working on, etc......... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.