main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July 10 & 11th BIG NEWS UPDATE 7/7.... and roll call list.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    loading the car and leaving CS now... should be fun!

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    SC, I don't know if you are going to get this but

small frozen river stones are magical

place them over closed eyes for 5 minutes (and if you think I am nuts supermodels pay big bucks for this to be done at spas)

that or hemrroid cream

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm up and will be departing in about 15 minutes. Eating now and almost ready to run out the door...

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    wow. some ppl got up way too early.

And its looking like zac and i might not be able to show up for this after all. Im not too keen on taking my car up still, and I cant get my mom to hand over her van. so i dont know how we are going to get up there tomorrow.

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    One word. Great!

That was so much fun. Seeing the faces light up and sparring like mad men/women! It was a blast. It would be great to celebrate the return after CIII!

6. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Woo.

I'd say more, but I'm beat. LOL. :D

7. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Nice work, troops.......day one is done. Now if we can rock their lil' worlds again tomorrow, this whole shebang will be a huge success!

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That was a lot of fun yesterday!!! I loved meeting all of the members of the RMFF that I haven't met before --you all are a very cool group. The pilots looked fantastic, and he rest of the costumes were great as well.

It was great doing 'schmooze patrol' with Becca, and seeing the kids either freeze up or get totally excited at the sight of 'real-life Star Wars people'. LOL --there was one dad with a 3-4 year old kid who was even more excited than the kid, quoting SW lines and drooling over the X-wing.

Too much fun., and I can't wait to see all the pics. I'm working today, but I'll be there with you in spirit.

9. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
  10. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    hey all!
    bill nice to meet you! glad you could make it.

it was a lot of fun being a big kid. especially learning how to fight with a lightsaber. he he
    Chico is a great teacher. i will be kicking some butt at the party next weekend. he he

i think over all the kids that came were wide-eyed and in amazement. there was a family that was there on monday when we were working and they came back...i was standing in line with them for the Tomcat...they were just so excited. the little boy was two years old, he knew everything. the only thing is he was scared of terry...i think he really thought terry was han solo. :) it was really cute.

i can't wait to see pictures!! thanks for everyone's hard work! :)

11. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

My thanx to all for another good time with the Force. My wife and baby Padawan had a great time. I am glad they are getting to know everyone. It was Very COOL to see everyone in uniform and looking good. Again my Thanx and Congrats.
    Later days...

12. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    tell your baby padawan hello from me. I hope you guys can make it to the party next weekend. :)

13. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey Bill

I had a great time schoomzing with you. I love working witht he kiddies!!!

I think this was a great success and it was great to work in unison with the 501st. I think we oulled off something spectacular with very little prep work.

so

THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK EVERYBODY

YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Becca

14. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to tell you all how sorry I am that I was unable to make it. I have been in bed sick since Thursday and there was no way I could join you. I don't like committing to something and not be able to follow through, so again, I apologize for not being there.
    From the sound of things, it went well. Congratulations to you all!!

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    BFT, sorry to hear yur sick....just take care of yurself....there will be another chance soon enuf. If yu haven't realized it by now, we are the "shakers" of the SWFF universe....FLOL!

16. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Since we're only about a 'baker's dozen' posts from 115K, I thought I'd take this time to say a few words.

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Getting ready for any SW event is never easy.....and this one at WOTR was no different.

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Not only were we given a tight window to prep the X-Wing for her journey 'to the Emporer'(FLOL!), but we were also told of the event this weekend with almost no warning.

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I watched as people spent their own time, money and effort to get the bird ready, and then spent even more effort to prepare more SW costumes to wow the crowds with!

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    There could have been anarchy, bickering between the RMFF and the 501st, a lack of crew support on the bird, a lack of funds for parts, any number of things could have gone awry....but did not.

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    In fine fashion, the RMFF proved once again why it should be atop the FF universe. We don't let timelines slow us down, we don't let issues bring us down, and we don't let logistics hold us down. The RMFF just doesn't 'talk-the-talk'......and a very enthusiastic crowd at WOTR was the proof.

22. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Everytime I saw the slew of kids making EWOKS, everytime I saw the crowd around the X-Wing snapping pics, everytime I saw the smiles, the glazed eyes of young and old, heard the questions about how sabers and the like were made, the little ones gazing up spellbound at one particular Vader while smiling parents looked on........ya'll done good, troops.

23. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

Once again, I feel very fortunate to have ever made the acquintances of you folks.

THE RMFF IS THE BEST STAR WARS FANFORCE.

Thank you all for your hard work.

24. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I think you deserve a big thanks for all your work, even thought i didnt get to see it in person the bird looks better than when i saw it last.

25. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I heard that from a lot of folks.......not the part about me, ya lug, THE X-WING!!!! FLOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.