main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY July 10th and 11th at the Ziegfeld?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah, I know this is more than a week off. If this is the last week for AOTC at the Zieg, lets try and rally as many people to attend these showings.

6:45 and/or 10:00

Depending on what everyone else would like to do I am up for it. Even if it does mean falling asleep at times ;)

2. RickJediKnight

RickJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Doing the 6:45 and the 10pm the last day at the Zieg would be great. Where did you read next week would be AOTC's last week at the Zieg?

-

3. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    The stand-up display for "Road To Perdition" in the downstairs lobby is what gave it away... [face_plain]

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    But keep in mind the AOTC posters were out on disply 1 month before it came to the ziggy.

5. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Yea but Road to Whatever's opening date is like July 12...

6. DruKalita

DruKalita Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    Hey, don't go knocking Road to Perdition. It's based on a comic, and we should be happy. Respectability, yay!

7. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    "don't go knocking"
    No knocking intended, I'm actually going to see it but I'd rather see it at the AMC but not the Zieg...when was the last show in 99?

8. Anaquinne

Anaquinne Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Really, it was? I bet it was by the same guy who did "Jar of Fools" and those other stuffs I haven't read but should... right?

9. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    to knock the thread back on topic ( :p ), we don't know for sure yet that the zieg is running road to perdition OR that they're dropping AOTC anytime soon at all. yes, there was a standee in the lobby, but (as byron pointed out elsewhere) that could just be there because clearview had a spare and could think of nowhere else to put it. for all we know, moaneek might've just put it out to mess with our minds! :p

that having been said... i'm always more than willing to jump on a train the moment i'm out of work and make it justbarely to any 10pm show. :D

10. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    So who else is going, I am only gonna do the 10PM on Thursday. It looks like we will have a nice turn out.

11. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    well i'm going to the wed 6:45 and the 10..and the same for thurs the 6:45 and the 10 hope to c allu swnycer there....

12. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    the question for me is when won't i be there, and the answer to that is pretty much never.

13. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I posted about it on Fanforce Main here

14. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'll be there.

Is anyone going in costume?

15. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    only in my frighteningly authentic SW geek costume. ;)

(why am i still up?)

16. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Hmmm yea I should probably make it for the 10 PM too although taking the subway back for an hour at 1AM is not my idea of fun :D

17. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    Any chance we'll be able to MST3K the movie? Quietly of course. ;)

~R

18. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    only if we want steve to start ripping people's arms out of their sockets.

19. bobajames

May 6, 2002
    hey moe, i for one have at lease an hour ran and bus put together so if i can do it for 22 shows u can do it for one....(mind u i don't even get to the train till 2:30-3 some nights....)

20. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Anyone want to get food before the last (10 pm) showing on Thursday? I was thinking Ta Cocina at 49th and 9th, 7:00 pm. Awesome margaritas.

21. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I'll be there at the 10pm on thursday only, cause im poor and i have no money.....

Edit: although taking the subway back for an hour at 1AM
    I get to take a subway for 10 minutes, and the LIRR for an hour! Wooo!

22. thechairguy

thechairguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    I get to take a subway for 10 minutes, and the LIRR for an hour! Wooo!

Aww, the trials of a suburbanite. :(

23. SJLinNYC

SJLinNYC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2000
    Any chance we'll be able to MST3K the movie? Quietly of course.

NO!

This is NOT acceptable behavior. Other people in the theater have paid their $10 expecting to be able to hear the movie. No matter how quiet you think you are, you will be disturbing others around you. And the giggles prompted by your remarks only further the disturbance.

This will be our last chance to experience it in the Ziegfeld, with its amazing sound system. You have no right to ruin that experience for the people who may be seeing the film for the first time, for the last time, or for the 50th time. And that's what you do - ruin the experience. And if you're willing to ruin the film for other Star Wars fans, not only does that mean you're not a good Star Wars fan, it means you are inconsiderate and selfish. You have the rest of your lives to MST3K the film on home video - DO NOT DO IT IN THE ZIEGFELD, OR ANY OTHER THEATER.

Also, the Ziegfeld staff and management know who we are - we are recognized as a group as members of the NYLine. Your behavior reflects on the group. You may not realize the difficulty we went through to secure the Ziegfeld for the NYLine, but it was one fax away from not happening. And the new manager, who took over during the AOTC run, is one of the people who was always giving us problems. She's looking for reasons to not have us back in 2005. All it takes is one complaint about our group, and she has ammo for not letting us line up in 2005.

So, not only could you be ruining the final screenings of "Attack of the Clones" for other patrons in the theater, but you could also jeopardize NYLine's standing with the Ziegfeld for Episode III. Do you really think your "witty" little outbursts are worth all that? Just do us all a favor - sit back, shut up, and enjoy the film. And if you can't enjoy the film without making Rocky Horror comments, then do the rest of the patrons in the theater a favor and go see it at the UA 14 or some other theater far away from the people who care more about what's on screen than their own selfish amusement.

24. bobajames

May 6, 2002
    I just got off the phone with bryon and he said that the dpl was out at the the zig today the last dpl show was 12:15......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................

i knew something was going to happen.............

25. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    :mad: unpoliteness....

The red, bold letters are not nessicary, or warrented. The shut up comment does not need to be there. Please think about re-editing your post, because your are coming off sounding bossey and rude and like you your self own the Zeigfeld and row M.

I know the NYline needs to maintain a good relationship with the Zeigfeld for EP3 line, but your comments in your post are not needed. If someone quietly, wants to recite all the lines to the movie, then they can. If you dont like it or its happening around you, you can move, because im pretty sure that you've seen it quite a few 30+ times, to not have to see it in perfect silence.

While i know i dont approve of people loudly speaking the lines or preforming EP2 in the middle of the aisle, if someone wants to recite the lines, let them because just as simple as they can go to another theatre, so can you.

edited for spelling and grammer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.