main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *July 13 Meeting*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    This is it, the third and most important meeting yet. Number 3.

July 13, 2002 12:00 Noon
    Books-A-Million Lawndale Shopping Center. (near Washington Square Mall)
    Meet near the Star Wars section.

We will need to discuss names and city reps. We will also have name tags so we can learn each other's names.

2. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    AWWW **** I won't be able to make the july 13 meeting but i would like to post my name suggestions here and hopefully Cole or someone could bring them up at the meeting. as far as names I'm still big on The Evansville Jedi Knights. I would also Be VERY interested in being a city rep just tell me what i need to do other than spread the word on our club. Finally I think we should have a website. If anyone has any talent in that area. I could set up an internet mailing list via yahoogroups if everyone is ok with that.

3. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    I've already got the meeting on my calender. If you need any help putting together a flyer, please let me know. I don't claim to be a great artist, but I did used to write and draw comics. I'd love to help. The other thing we need is T-Shirts!!!!

I'd also like us to organize some activities for the meeting. That's the same weekend that Reign of Fire opens, if Star Wars isn't still on, or if we want to see something really dumb.

Other ideas might be talking about some aspect of collecting (i.e. figures, cards, etc....) I'd love to finish my collection of EP II cards (I'm missing about 10, but have lots of doubles. I've also got lots of promo cards from Celebration II. Anyway, it's an idea....

Be seeing you....

4. darthwade

darthwade Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    I look forward too seeing everyone there.

5. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey, DarthWade! Is that my favorite Star Wars Miniatures Gamer? I know you're looking forward to Signs....

DeWayne

6. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    July 13, ey? That's a Saturday . . . I'll probably only have a week left in Evansville, but I can try to be there. Is the plan just a quick meeting?

7. darthwade

darthwade Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey, Buckaroo! It is your favorite Star Wars gamer and yes I am looking forward to Signs. Let me know when you want to get a game going.

Darthwade

8. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I went to Books-A-Million today and we are official. They have us on the callendar and will set up tables for us.

9. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey, that sounds great. We should try to put together a list of any items we want to talk about as a group. Any ideas? How about bringing photos from Celebration II or other Star Wars related events. Anyone have an interest in swapping cards to try to finish sets? I've got lots of extra copies of the "promo" from Celebration II in case someone needs them.

Hasta

10. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    How about T Shirts

Once we decide on our name and our logo there is a place in santa claus where they screen T Shirts i could see how much it would cost

11. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Yes, we will need t-shirts too. Charlie, check prices for your place and we can compare them to prices here.

12. darthwade

darthwade Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey Buckaroo,

How about getting a Star Wars mineratures game going after the meeting. We could play at books-a-million or at Comic Quest and it would be a great time to introduce some more players to the game also everyone who will be attending the meeting do not forget to be thinking about a name for us.

Darth Wade

13. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I will stick around if you want to do that. I've never played but am open to anything.

On that note, another thing we will discuss at the meeting is having a collecting/gaming day. (hopefully at comic quest)

14. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey, DarthWade, check your private messages. I wanted to see if it was working.

I'd love to run a quick game after the July 13 meeting, but is Books-A-Million the right location? It probably would work, but we need two tables, side by side.

Up to 6 players. We could try and intro scenario (1 1/2 hrs) or a full blown situation like Kill the Hutt (which I wrote for Egyptian Campaign and probably takes 3 hrs)!!! I've got everything we need to play (200+ miniatures, buildings, ships, etc....) and the miniatures game is easy to learn. Let me know the interest level.

15. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    If you do it at CQ, I may actually be working that day. Assuming I'm still in town.

16. darthwade

darthwade Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    We will more than likely play at comic quest because there is alot more room to play. We will have to have at least two tables side by side to set the game up also keep in mind if you want to play, it normally takes at least 3 hours to play depending on the size of the campaign. I am going check with CQ before the 13th just to be sure. Buckaroo is this OK with you?

Darthwade

17. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    im fairly new to the area and dont know much about evansville so if someone could tell me how to get to comic quest id appreciate it

thanks

charlie

18. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    Initially, I wasn't sure about books-a-million having the space, but then I thought about my son attending the Pokemon turnament and those kids took over the whole area, with games everywhere, so if Books-A-Million doesn't have a problem, then we could go with it. The other issue with BAM is that it will be a haven for gawkers.... as if that mattered.

Either way. We could meet at BAM and then drive over to CQ....

19. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Charlie: It's between Oak Hill and Boeke on Morgan Ave, in the same complex as Rural King and Family Dollar, in the same shared parking lot area as Buy Low and Long John Silvers.

If you're east of there, just get on Green River Rd. and head West on Morgan.

If you're west of CQ, take the Lloyd to Weinbach, head North on Weinbach, then right onto Oak Hill, right onto Morgan.

20. Darth Maul 1277

Jan 16, 2000
    thanks alot!

21. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Ok all, We need computer people.

We can have a club web site and club icon. I can only do VERY minimal HTML and photoshop work. Is anyone else good at this stuff?

22. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    While I've never actually done a website, I'm very versed in the use of Windows software and building some pretty sophisticated Power Point presentations, so I'm comfortable that we can get this done. I'll start and investigation. I think it will be great.

Let's not forget the T-shirts, which I talked to several other fanforce groups about when I was at WizardWorld. I'm going to down-load the Star Wars font and we can get to work on some snazzy designs.

Hasta

23. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Thats great. I used the star wars font for the flyer. Read the tutorial. It shows you how to do some pretty cool stuff.

24. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Not like you guys don't know about whats going on but I sent everyone a reminder e-mail.

25. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Meeting Notes for July 13 meeting.

*In attendance were Cole (TC517) Nathan (Darth_TKD) Dewayne (Buckaroo_Banzai) Scott (Wedges other nephew) David (darth wade) and Katie. After the meeting, Rick met us a comic quest and Nathan Buttler was there working.
    *The motion was made that we follow a lose form of Roberts rule of Order. The motion passed.
    *New advertising was discussed. We would use new flyers and cardboard stand ups.
    *We held the city rep vote. Charlie (Darth maul 1277) and Cole (TC517) were running. Cole was voted city rep.
    *Dewayne was named the gaming coordinator. He could also work on the website. Nathan Wheatley will be in charge of TCG events.
    *David would be our collecting coordinator. He would pass on collecting information and alerts to other users.
    *The fanforce name vote was put off until the next meeting so more people could vote.
    *Future events such as game days were discussed and would be organized at a later date.
    *After the meeting, a miniature battle was held at Comic Quest. Comic Quest might be a new meeting place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.