July 15, 2003 John Williams Salutes the Silver Screen at The Mann Music Center

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    John Williams Salutes the Silver Screen with the PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA with Fireworks! Lawn seats are $8 and go on sale May 1.

With an unparalleled list of achievements to his credit ? including more than 50 Oscar nominations, gold and platinum records, multiple Grammys®,Emmys, and Golden Globe Awards ? John Williams has created contemporary movie music so memorable and so exceptional, it has taken on a life of its own. Recognized among the best-known composers in the world, he has scored such films as Harry Potter (both The Chamber of Secrets and The Sorcerer?s Stone), Schindler?s List, E.T., Angela?s Ashes, J.F.K., Superman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Catch Me If You Can, and many others. Throughout his career, he has led national and international orchestras, most notably serving as conductor of the Boston Pops for more than a decade. Don?t miss this evening of magic with the man whose genius has single-handedly transformed Hollywood film music.

Long Island's DB 516 is making the trip down for this event.

Anyone interested?

2. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah I think this would be something I can bring Brandon to. Count us in for now.
  3. Arldetta Jedi Master

star 4
    Would you mind someone from Jersey hoping on over to join you? I think it would be a fun experience. :)
  4. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Cyndy...glad you are interested in this too. NJO does not have a thread for this...I will post one now...

This could be fun...

KoP
    RI
    LI
    SWNYC
    NJO

Reading?
    maybe even York/Lancaster?
  5. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The more the merrier... :)
  6. Ekenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I have my Tickets!!! That is going to be soo cool! What happened to the Philadephia Fan Force? Seems like it disappeared on me. I have no place to go ecept KoP now. Don't tell me there is not enough SW fans in Philly!
  7. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I would love to come down for this...I'll see what I can do :)
  8. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I have my Tickets!!! That is going to be soo cool! What happened to the Philadephia Fan Force? Seems like it disappeared on me. I have no place to go ecept KoP now. Don't tell me there is not enough SW fans in Philly!

Sorry buddy...they couldn't keep the interest up.

Plus it looked like there was a struggle between previous meetings, and whether they counted or not.
  9. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I am waiting to buy my ticket when I get there. Lawn seats rarely sell out and I don't want to commit to an event that will be cancelled or given rain date in case the weather is bad. :)

10. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Jenni I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Although, it would be embarrassing to show up to buy a lawn seat, and to find out that the Northeast FF's bought the last of them. :p
  11. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Just a reminder this event is coming up in two weeks! I will be making the decision to go based on weather since the venue is outside. However, it would be nice to know who else from KofP wants to go. Let me know by posting in this thread. :)
  12. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am planning on going, already got a babysitter for Brandon too. :D
  13. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    What time should we get there I don't see a start time listed here.
  14. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am pulling out of this event, things have gotten to be too busy at home and my babysitter backed out as well.

Have fun!! :D
  15. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The show begins at 8pm. General Admission/Lawn Seats are completely sold out as of Friday, July 11.
  16. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I won't be going either - too much to do between work and school since I'm just back in classes this week for the new quarter.

Have a good time all!
  17. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Tickets are sold out that means no FF gathering on the lawn?
  18. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    That info is wrong I just called them they have 1000 lawn tickets left.
  19. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thanks for checking Buster. That is good news for those of you going. Have a good time. :)
  20. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got scum-bagged by the Kimmel Center ticket office on Friday. They sold me $28 balcony seats when I asked them for the cheapest seats available. I just called the Mann Center (215.893.1999) and they said there are still lawn tickets available. I'm sorry for the grief I may have caused.
    Gates open at 6pm.

I'll be sitting in a box in the balcony, sweating in the roost....
    BTW, there is no parking "up top" tonight, as the fireworks will be staged at the rear of the center (in the field/parking lot behind the lawn area).

So, who is going?
  21. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Tonight's Program,
    per an interview with John Williams in the Philadelphia Daily News:
    Q: What will your Mann program be?
    A: I've chosen the "Liberty Fanfare," three pieces from "JFK," a suite from "Harry Potter," "E.T." and "Star Wars," and some music from the "Indiana Jones" films.
  22. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Hi Rob,
    I think you are the only KofP member attending tonight's concert. I've just gone back to school and have too much work to do, Wendy doesn't have a baby sitter and Natasha is at home working for her parents. I don't know about the rest of the group members. But there will be Long Island, New Jersey Order and possibly York/Lancaster members there on the lawn. Have fun and tell us all about it! :)
  23. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Concert was pretty awesome last night...Fireworks too.

Only wish for the night...if either the Imperial March or Duel of Fates were played...

~J.Sat~

co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.