main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI July 2004 Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BultarSwan, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Our next meeting will be on July 17th at the Barnes and Noble in the Rivertown Crossings Mall. We will meet at 7pm and end around 9pm. :)

Please let me know if you can be there.

Thanks,
    Swan

2. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Hey I think I can make that one ... wwwwwweeeeee :D

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I will be camping in northern MI that day, sorry Swan

4. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    My family and I are going to the Silver Leaf Renaissance Faire that day, but it's less than an hour away so I might be able to make it 8:00-ish or so. Not sure, but I'll try and see what I can do.

5. Nuclear_Holocat

Nuclear_Holocat Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2002
    I'll be there. I'll try to make a sign if I can remember. Also, everyone please note that we will meet in the cafe inside B & N.

6. rvqavalon

Jul 24, 2002
    I lied--Faire is over at 6:00, so we should be home by 7. I'll see what the parents say, seeing as they still control the car situation. They should be fine if it's just at B&N though.

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'll be working the West Michigan Classic (swimming long course regionals). Which supposedly only goes 'til 7, but that's just a guess, and then we have to clean up after the uber-messy swimmers. : P So I'll give a definite... maybe. Maybe I can talk someone into driving me to Rivertown after my shift.

8. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Amendment to my former statement: Saturday goes until 9. Sunday goes until 7. :p Ah well, at least I get to watch exciting races.

9. Nuclear_Holocat

Nuclear_Holocat Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2002
    Oh yeah, bring a friend if you can :)

10. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    *Long drawn out sigh* Once again, I am unable to make our meeting. My family reunion is set for this weekend. :_|

If someone who goes could be appointed as 'secretary' for this meeting and give me an accounting of who was there and what was done, I would be most appreciative. :)

11. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I'll volunteer for that, since I'm trying to help ya guys get on your feet anyways. ;)

12. JediAcuna

JediAcuna Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2004
    We will be there. See you guys !!!

13. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    i will defintely be there - it's my first meeting but i've been looking for you guys for a long time -

14. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I should be there, all depends on Paintball.

and JediAcuna, is there more than one of you ? :eek: :D

15. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    We will not be able to be there this time.

16. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Well, nevermind, I won't be able to show up now thanks to some work thing. Bloody school district...

17. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    Am I the only one going to the meeting ? :(

18. rvqavalon

Jul 24, 2002
    No, I'm trying to come. We should get home seven-ish from Faire, and I'd probably better get out of costume and take my prosthetic ears off before I go hopping out to B&N. I mean, with pointy ears, I'd have to be an LOTR freak or a Trekkie, so it's probably best to take them off before a FF meeting, no? ;) I'll just pick up a copy of "Much Ado About Nothing" while I'm there, too, I think. :) I'll do my best to be there!

19. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    dang it, I swear you guys look at my work schedule, and then schedule the meeting. :p I'm working again this weekend, so I can't make it.

20. JediAcuna

JediAcuna Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2004
    We are two. Hope to see some of you. Chao !!!

21. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Looks like I can't make it this time. I'll have to try for the next one.

Have fun! :)

22. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    WELL???????????????????? I WAS THERE - WAITED FOR 15 MINUTES - ASKED THE BARNES & NOBLES STAFF, WALKED UP TO TOTAL STRANGERS AND ASKED IF THEY WERE STAR WARS PEOPLE - AND ME IN MY STAR WARS GEEK SHIRT! WHAT HAPPENED??? I ALMOST DROVE OVER TO OTHER BARNES AND NOBLES ON 28TH STREET BUT THOUGHT I'D CHECK THE BOARDS FIRST TO MAKE SURE I HAD THE RIGHT LOCATION IN THE FIRST PLACE. DANG - I WAS TRULY LOOKING FORWARD TO CONNECTING TO A, WELL, A CONNECTION - WHERE I DIDN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN MIDICHLORIANS, JOSEPH CAMPBELL, THE POWER OF THE MYTH, THE FORCE AND THE RELEVANCE OF IT ALL. WERE THE PLANS CHANGED???? :confused:

BUMMER :_|

23. rvqavalon

Jul 24, 2002
    We got back later than we expected from Faire, and everyone was too wiped to drive anywhere at all. *Sigh* It's always something.

24. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Amendment of my former statement of watching exciting races: Instead of being able to go to the meeting, which I would have loved, I got to watch SEVEN heats of the freaking mile. Do you know how long it takes to swim a mile?

25. JediAcuna

JediAcuna Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2004
    We really expected to meet somebody. We got B&N around 7:20 (first time we go there by ourselves), checked the cafe area and no presence of the force. We asked B&N staff and a girl told us someone else asked about a STAR WARS meeting, so we looked for in the SW books shelf, but nothing.
    We looked around, then decided to bring a couple of STAR WARS books in order to make our precense evident at the cafe. We left B&N at 9:10. (there is always something interesting when we read SW Encyclopedia)

We do still have hope to see you the next time !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.