main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX July 2007 meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StormMoose, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    The snowtrooper helmet will make its first appearence. Great idea Ruben.
    We do not bite and are open to all topics except politics. Our taste in musie covers all of it. We are in our 30s with me getting close to 39. Life starts over at 40 anyway. We are light drinkers so it is not a drunk party. You do not have to have armor to come but it is fun to suit up with the 501st. We just talk and have fun. We are open to other venues if there is interest. Stags Head is not loud and full of smoke. It is easy to get to but we can go some other place if needed. We are starting to get ugly to each other so we need new faces. Fridays look like the night so come on out and support. Lets pick a day in July and get this going.

2. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    I've brought this up before, but having these on a Saturday will make a world of difference for me. Trying to meet up after work is difficult (carpooling with wife, picking kids up from daycare in Spring by 6:30, etc.).

Can we try it just once?

Is Saturday bad for some people?

3. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    July 14 or 21? I am cool with whichever.

How about venue? Let's hear some input.

4. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I can handle the 14th after 5pm. I am in retail so weekends are hard for me but I get off around 5pm on Saturday with enough notice.
    Any ideas on location? New comers speak up.
    I still like bucket night.

5. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Cool! Either the 14th or 21st is good for me.

I have absolutely no problem with Stags Head if that's what everyone else is comfortabe with.

I'm up for bucket night. I don't personally have any of my own, but it'd be great to check out others'.

6. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Is it possible to adjust fire and move this to the 21st? Uncle Sam wants me to run a machine gun range on the 14th, and I won't be back in Houston until Sunday.

7. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    That works for me.

8. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Where is the Stag's Head and when will the next meeting be? Also how much space do you have there for walking room. Would there be enough space if I was to bring my R6 unit?

Dan S.
    Droid Builders Guild
    Outer Rim

9. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    It might take a few 'excuse the droid' and 'pardon the droid' to get to the table, but I think it might make it. I'm not sure what the crowd is like on a Saturday night, but we usually get the corner area, so there is less risk of it getting bumped into. Look forward to seeing you there!

10. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    About what time do you all start showing up?

11. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    We've never met up on a Saturday, but usually we meet up between 530-700 PMish.

12. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I get off about 5pm on Sat. I can get there by 6ish and they last until about 9pm or so. More people comming. This is looking good. Time to work on my snowtrooper bucket.

13. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    So we are meeting on the 21st?

14. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    That looks like the day everyone can make it.

15. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I was going to go but I have a gig that just came up for that date ... so maybe next time.

16. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Guys it looks like I won't be able to make your meeting this month. First I have no idea where the Stags Head is, but primaraly I will be getting my droid ready for the Houston Droid Builders Guild BBQ and Meeting on the 22nd. So I will be tied up prepairing for that event. If anyone wants to see the droids, we are participating in the Children's Museum of Houston's Inventors and Engineering weekend on August 4th. We will be at the Children's Museum 1500 Binz St. from 11am till 4:30 pm.

Dan S.

17. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2007
    I would love to come to this meet, but alas I can't. Let me know when the next meet is in August and I'll try and make it then!

~Mara Jade~

{aka Belle}

18. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Sorry to see some people won't be able to make it.

Do we have a time to meet at Stag Head's on Saturday?

19. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    If the meeting is held early in the day I could probably make it ... as I don't have to be at my gig until 6:30PM.

20. starwarsgeek74

Jul 22, 2006
    6ish is the usual time, but if you really want to meet up DW, if only for a while, I might make it a bit earlier, before Moose gets off work. Let us know! By the way, I stopped at the enchanted Walmart, and they had no more Boba's.

21. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I might be able to get there by 5.30 if it is a slow day. See everyone there.

22. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Sorry I missed the meeting... home sick with 100+ degree fever, not much good for company and on antibiotics so no beer anyway.

Hope you all had fun, see you for next meeting.

23. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Hope you feel better. We figured you were Harry Pottered out.
    Great to see you Eric. When I got home I realized your site is in my favorites. Your work is great. Post some links to some of the other sites if you get a chance. Geek, a good time has always. Lets start thinking about next month.

24. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    It was nice to meet David (StormMoose) and Ruben (starwarsgeek74) on Saturday. We passed a few hours eating, drinking, and talking (mostly about Star Wars, of course). Good times. I hope more people can start coming!

Here are some links to the sites I mentioned in our discussion:

25. www.originaltrilogy.com (preserving the original versions of the Original Trilogy, and other Star Wars video projects, fan edits, etc.)

26. www.therpf.com (great resource for Star Wars props)

27. www.erikstormtrooper.com (my website, thanks for your kind words, David)

28. I think for our next get-together, I'll blatantly bribe everyone who can make it. Everyone who shows up will get a DVD of the Holiday Special. No, this is not meant as a deterrent. Yes, the Holiday Special is awful, but to me it's a right of passage to the inner circle of Star Wars geekdom.

Looking forward to next time! I hope we can do another Saturday.

29. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    It's not that bad ... the commericals and the cartoon are the best parts of the show ... the rest of it is bad. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.