main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass July 2008 Meet?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WifeofVader, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi gang!

Can't believe it's almost July. Soon it will be time for home made baked pineapple/cherry ham and gift exchanging. LOL

Anyway, I know we had thrown around the idea of Jumpcon for the July meet. I wanted to see if there's still interest in that (I'm actually not going to be able to make that).

I wanted to throw the idea of a BBQ out there too. You know, just a get together of the minds to have some good food and good company.

Thoughts? I would love to get together with everyone.

-K.

PS... I would be looking at the weekend of the 12th/13th for the BBQ.

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I've soured on JumpCon b/c the cost of getting both an autograph and a photo with one of the SW guests there would be prohibitive, given that bowling is now high-priority for my discretionary spending. A BBQ on the 13th does look doable for me, though, though I'd have to see where a part-time job opportunity at the lanes leads (though I would ask to not work on Sundays).

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am more than likely going to at least one day of Jumpcon.

Not sure about the 12th-13th. I know I am going to start working Saturdays again and I think my wife and son will be either going to Maine that weekend or coming home from Maine that weekend.

4. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Ah well, it was a thought. :)

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Bite your tongue! :p

As of now, I still plan on trying to make it to one day of Jumpcon, not sure which day yet.

As for a cookout, if enough people are game I'm always up for one. Any excuse to get together with friends and eat way-too much is always a good thing. ;)

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Interesting... I was just talking to Jorge about this very idea: a cookout. Let's flesh this out some more. We also have a pond nearby so we could do some swimming.

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Like I said before, I'm all for one but my availability this month is going to be spotty at best. The weekend of the 19-20 I have my wife's birthday AND Jumpcon. Then the following week I'll be on vacation down the Cape. Could be back for the weekend of the 26-27 but it all depends how nice the weather is down there.

The best thing to do is for whoever wants to plan/host it is to just set a date and go from there.

8. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Any takers? Drew & Christa?

My weekends in July look thus:

Can't do the 18th - 20th (camping with Jacob)
    the 27th I am out of town for the day

Other than that... I am available for some burgers & dogs.

I don't mind hosting either... How does Saturday, the 12th look for others?

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The 12th is one of my shopping days, but I'll see if my brother can work in coming here earlier in the week. The 13th would definitely work, but I may need the 26th free for my sister's b-day stuff.

10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Can we host? Yep!
    Does the 12th look good? Yep!

And we have a new TV and digital cable, so we can watch the Sox game.
    How many should we expect?

11. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    Saturday the 12th looks pretty good for my schedule.....

12. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Sounds like a date, Drew!!!

What time are you thinking of BBQ'ing?

Can you PM me with your address?

We look forward to seeing you, Christa and the little man again...

-K.

13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    How about people start arriving 4ish. I'll start the coals going about 5 which would put them ready about 5:30.

As I said, we have a pond [image=http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5505228] within walking distance of our house. If you'd like to visit there, bring your bathing suit and arrive any time. Just let me know beforehand your plans, please. We may or may not go with you, but you can certainly use our place as a parking area for the day.

Anyone who needs address / phone number, please PM me.

14. Kamikazee

Kamikazee Jedi Knight

Jul 2, 2008
    Hey everybody, I'm from Braintree MA, and I was just wondering what JumpCon was?

15. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Welcome to the Board's Kamikazee...

There is a thread specific to the Jumpcon next weekend with links and such but, in short it is a convention with actors from various sci-fi shows. Check out the thread for more information!

So guys (and gals)...

Who can make it to the BBQ on the 12th and what will you bring?

I should be able to bring some salad of some sort.

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I could probably make it next Saturday, but would need a ride up there and back. Keith, I know I'm on your way, so do you think we could arrange something? PM me if you can. :D

And welcome to the board, Kamikazee...nice to see another South Shore person here. :D

17. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    I am pretty much working or have a prior commitment every Saturday in July.

So it looks like I won't make this meet. :(

18. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2008
    I would love to come can you pm me your address. Is there anyone near Worcester?

19. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I unfortunately will not be able to attend this BBQ. Got some family stuff to do.

20. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Ugh!

I have plans Saturday night and was hoping for an earlier start to the BBQ... now I don't think we will be able to make it. :(

There's always next time... right?

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, looks like a small group, so we're flexible. Do you want to do it as a lunch thing?

22. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I was thinking of earlier but, what ever works for everyone else. Please don't change the plans just for li'l old me. :)

23. PinkYaddle

PinkYaddle Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Hey all,

A lunchtime thing would not be a problem for me, say start arriving at noon and the barbecuing starts at 2PM? We have 8 lbs of ribs for the occasion. :) If anyone wants to bring any other items, feel free! The Sox will be playing Baltimore at 7:05PM, everyone is welcome to stay for that if you want and watch on our HDTV. It isn't huge (36") but has a fabulous picture. Now off to answer some PMs....

Christa

24. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I may be able to go to this... but I need an address and directions so that my parents can drive me. Can someone PM me them?

25. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I had a GREAT time! I even turned down the Red Sox for it! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.