main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July 2013 meeting notes

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Jul 26, 2013.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Here's what we talked about.
    • Tornado Warning! Uh, false alarm, no sightings of Dorothy or Toto.
    • Patches were for sale, but no takers.
    • The garage sale will be August 3rd. Please donate any items you have to DWRD or FF. We'd love any help that day running the garage sale as it made everything more fun and much easier last year with RMFF help. Thread.
    • The Arvada Harvest Festival Parade will be September 7 at 9 AM. The application to participate is due August 30th. We'd like to make this an all group entry like we've done for the St. Patrick's Day parade entry in the past.
    • Urban Peak fashion show on August 23rd.
      • On Friday, August 23, friends of Urban Peak will unveil a 100-yard runway under the stars for Denver's newest fashion extravaganza, Urban Nights!
      • The viaduct under Mile High Station will be transformed into an elegant, urban-chic outdoor runway for an amazing fashion show to benefit the youth in Denver who are currently experiencing homelessness.
      • Link to event. Let SITH__CHICK know if you're interested.
    • Urban Peak community breakfast - after discussion, there wasn't enough interest from people to get a table, but we did think it was a good idea to buy one seat or sponsor somebody to go to the event.
      • Can I get a motion to donate $30 of treasury money to Urban Peak for this event? Or I'll entertain motions for similar ideas?
    • There are still tickets available for the MalCon on September 27 - 29 at the Sheraton DTC. Link.
    • Hauntings at the Hangar will be on Halloween, Thursday, October 31st. SITH__CHICK will be the main contact for this event. Look for spooky updates as we get closer to the day.
    • Name badges and Pinewood Derby were brought up.
    • Treasury report - $234.01!
    • We didn't schedule an August meeting. Perhaps we can have it August 17th or 18th up north again at the Rock Bottom Brewery at Westminster Promenade? Then retire to Dave and Busters or a movie? Thoughts?
    • Then the tornado siren went off again letting us know "the coast was clear." Enjoyment was had and Cards Against Humanity was played.

2. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Yay! Rock Bottom. I vote yum.

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Hauntings is on Halloween? On a weekday? :confused:

4. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm hoping that's not right because we might not be able to make it :(