main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July 2015 meeting/bbq

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Jun 30, 2015.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The July 2015 meeting will be at our house aka Skywalker Ranch. Send me a PM/Conversation if you need the address/directions.

The theme is food! Check out the Facebook event on the RMFF FB page for details: http://www.facebook.com/events/117719398563278

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    The theme is food! hahahahaha nice!

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'll be out of town. Have fun!

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We will be grilling burgers.

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We are bring potato salad and something else

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Something else...alive to grill? Dead to feast on? Non-food related to party with?

7. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    yes

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Meeting is this Saturday! Check the FB event invite to make sure everybody doesn't bring cheesecake...although that would be a delicious problem to have...

Also, please RSVP if you know you're coming so we can plan food quantities.

9. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Um... I wasn't invited. :(

I see... I see... cuz I am in another state, I don't get an invite. Outta Sight. Outta Mind. [face_sigh]

Well You all have a GREAT time since only Cool People were asked to join the party. [face_party]

;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    ^^ what he said! :_|

nnaydolem and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  11. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Thanks for a wonderful BBQ party. I had a great time and got home safe. Good food, good friends, and great meeting.

AuttyBot likes this.
  12. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Great bbq! Thanks for hosting!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I didn't get a FB invitation either, so you guys are in good company. ;)

14. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014

Your salad was so good! :)

15. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I would like to lodge a Formal complaint to the CR that 3 Long Standing RMFF Members were not invited and left out of this year's Group Festivities for the Annual BBQ. :-B
    I would like that this year's inviter be drug out in public and given 40 lashes with a Bantha Tail, then dragged behind a Speeder Bike, followed by a Sith VooDoo spell performed by The Night Sisters on said Offender and to top it off, slowly run over by a Sandcrawler! There will be BLOOD Tonight!!! [face_skull]

See What You make Me Do When I AM Left Out!… I get all emo on You!:_|[face_waiting][face_sigh]

;)

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    If you weren't invited via Facebook that doesn't mean you're not invited. We love all RMFFers past and present and future! The event is still posted on the boards even though most conversation about said event seems to happen on Facebook.

The event is also posted on the RMFF Facebook page for all who like the page to see.

I hear y'all about not being invited anymore, gra-co_o_hun and arrowheadpodracer. I haven't been inviting folks who have moved out of state or those who haven't posted on the boards for over a year (or ever) or who live locally and haven't been to a meeting in over a year. I figure they have moved on from the RMFF and don't want to be harassed with FB invitations from a group they don't have interest in anymore.

I'm happy to start sending y'all invitations again and will be sure to do so.

17. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I see...

Those who don't have interest anymore in the group? ok. I clearly see what list I am lumped into. :p

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Ha! :p As long as you keep cranking out the art, you're still in the group, ya [face_monkey] ! :D

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  19. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] OK! i will be like the hunchback art monkey in the bell tower. He's around but no one ever sees him. [face_monkey];)

nnaydolem and he-guy like this.
  20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I see you. Through the Force. <3

We miss you, Cory.

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  21. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    Meeting minutes​
    RMFF Regular Meeting
    2:00pm 7/18/15

Roll Call

Thejackal327, AuttyBot, JediJonas, jawajaka, JediPicard, Joel, catz44, BFett88, DieWompratDie, nnaydolem, grimby, Ariel, Nerfherders, Mike B, fanforced
    Topic: If you had to pick one color of lightsaber, what would it be?

Old Business

-June Meeting

New Business:-Star Wars Night at Coors Field – if we can get a group of 20+ people, we can get the group’s name up on the scoreboard
    -Force Friday – Toys’R’Us & Walmart are counting down to ‘Force Friday’ on September 4, where customers, fans and collectors from across the galaxy can come to Walmart to be among the first to get their hands on an all new assortment of Star Wars merchandise starting at 12:01 a.m.
    -Star Wars Reads Day – October 2015
    -Hauntings at the Hangar – October 31st, 2015
    -Episode VII premiere – jawajaka was able to provide additional information regarding attending the premier as a ‘representative’ of LFL. Because the RMFF is not a costuming group, we will not be attempting to represent LFL for official events. The Continental is still the preferred theatre for some members.

Star Wars News: -Official Star Wars app - Available now for iOS and Android devices

Open Discussion: Marvel Comics -The majority of Star Wars titles have been delayed by approximately 3 weeks, presumably due to the heavy publishing efforts of the Secret Wars titles, which is this years summer event from Marvel Comics.

Treasurer's Report No change from last month: $453 and change. No raffle was held this month

Collecting News - General Mills is currently offering exclusive Star Wars movie posters in every specially marked Star Wars-branded box of their cereal! -Official Pix has been providing fans with officially licensed Star Wars photographs and autographs since 2001. That all ended in July of 2015 when Official Pix elected to not renew its Star Wars license.

Other Open Discussion

Group photo
    https://www.facebook.com/RockyMount...42438998984/10153125151263985/?type=1&theater

he-guy likes this.
  22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    And thanks to thejackal327 for stepping up when our CR and co-CR couldn't make the meeting! Thanks also go out to AuttyBot who I believe took notes since our secretarian was herding the cats for the meeting.

thejackal327 and he-guy like this.