main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH July 21, 2006 - Picnic with the Pops

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jo-Nich, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    Picnic with the Pops
    Scroll down...fourth from bottom.

The Columbus Symphony Orchestra?s Popcorn Pops
    Friday, July 21 ? Lift Off!
    Grounds open for picnicking and pre-concert activities at 6:30.
    Concerts begin at 8 pm.

Composer John Williams has written movie scores that are ?out of this world!?
    Enjoy great musical selections from E.T., Star Wars, and Indiana Jones.

-------------
    Anybody feel like going to this in costume? Keep in mind it's just before dark...so the temperature may cool down a bit. I checked the Ohio 501 website and they don't seem to have it listed on their calendar...I'm going to email my contact to see if any of them are planning to go.

CJ, is OSWCC planning to go at all? I know sometimes they set up a booth at these sort of things for publicity.

Does anyone else have any group contacts to find out if this is going to be an "event"?

I would love to try and debut my Mando there...gotta get working though. I do have "a contact" at Chemical Abstracts that MIGHT (note I said MIGHT) be able to get discounts on tickets for just our group. I'll find out more.

2. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    not sure, but probably not as either that day or the week before is our social. Not sure about anyone else (though I may find out, if they accept Bill's pics for my joining the rebel legion).

3. darthcable

darthcable Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I work at Chemical abstracts. We can buy tickets at half price. I will have to double check but I think we can only buy a limited number of tickets.

4. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    6 according to my mother in law...she works there too. :D

5. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    CJ..just thinking...

The social wouldn't be the same day...this is on a friday. I figured we'd be doing the social on a weekend since most people have jobs throughout the week.

And if it is the week after our social...that's a WHOLE WEEK...are you gonna be that tired from the social? :p

6. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Yeah I am! No, I was actually looking into what other things I have this summer, specifically July. Cleveland was talking about wanting the picnic the week after this, the oswcc social is the week before, my girlfriend's family reunion is two before that, and I think this weekend we're discussing is when my mom wants to have a family graduation party for me at home. I'm just taking into consideration that there's alot to do (and little time in which to do it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.