July 21st Gathering at the Brooklyn Museum of Art.

Discussion in 'New York City, NY' started by MysterySith, Jun 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Thanks to Meg, we have a great place to have our next Meeting. It will be at the Brooklyn Museum of Art on Saturday, July 21st. Starting at 1:00 PM ending at 3:00 PM. Meg and the Museum will be hosting this gathering. The main thing we will be discussing will be the NYC Fan involvement in the proposed Star Wars Exhibition being held their. Most of you should know about the Magic of the Myth tour. We also may have some trivia, as well as discuss the future of the NYC fanforce StarwarsNYC and possibly lining up for Episode 2.

Directions to the museum can be found here

We should have a great time and I look forward to seeing you again as well as meeting new people.

Let me know if you have any questions.
  2. Darth Venom Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds great, count me in. The only question I have is: where should we all meet? In front of the place?

Just curious :)
  3. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    everyone should just come into the museum. I will be there to direct everyone where to go.
  4. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome. Yet another reason why New York is the best city in the world.
  5. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds great! And I can assure you all MysterySith is great at telling everyone where to go! :p

By then the details on our fall benefit concert should be in place. If any bands are interested in volunteering to play a set at it please let me know. For now it looks like it will be on a Sunday at the Wetlands.

Thnaks Meg for offering us this great location for our July meeting.

Attn: Jersey people or those who need transportation. Please let me know so I can arrange it ahead of time.

Thanks!
  6. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I created a Poll to see how many people will be going. Please vote. Thanks :)

Also a reminder if you have not joined the mailing list, please do so. :)
  7. jandimin Jedi Knight

star 2
    this sounds very exciting and i'm hoping to attend. just working out the family details....will let you know.
  8. Ftroopy Jedi Padawan

Empire City Garrison will be there. There will sure be an armada of troops for the opening of Magic of the myth.
  9. Shoeless Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Now I KNOW I have to be there! I'd hate to miss the stormmtroopers in action.
  10. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Counting all the people that said they are definately going and some people I expect may go, we currently have a total of 31 people that will be attending. This includes some Children and some Spouses.

My Original Esitimate was about 30 since that is about what we had for May 19th. With more than 3 weeks to go, I am sure we will have more people joining us.

Once again a reminded for those of you not on our mailing list, please join it, even if you just set it to Web based membership. You can also give me your e-mail address and I can add you on, just let me know of you want individual Mail, Digest or Web Based viewing.

We are having some discussion there as well, since some people have easier access to their e-mail the the forum.
  11. BobaPhil Jedi Master

star 4
    Hiya guys.

Unfortunately I wont be able to make this gathering of FanForce. I would have loved to been there but as an adopted NYer once said "life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Hopefully I won't be at school for the next meeting. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Phil
  12. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you need to be a member of anything to attend the Brooklyn event, or can a Garden State Dark Jedi attend?
  13. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you need to be a member of anything to attend the Brooklyn event, or can a Garden State Dark Jedi attend?
  14. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    The meeting is open to all members and perspective members. You can attend if you like, Most SWNYC meetings that are held in public places ar open to all people of all ages. We would LOVE to have you like us so much you decide to join. It costs nothing, we have a lot of cool stuff planned, and I am working on getting local merchants to offer SWNYC card holders discounts or other considerations. I hope to see you there!

MTDBWY
  15. MZep Jedi Knight

16. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Sorry to say that you did, but the fun is not over yet, stay tuned for more details.
  17. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi MZep! Welcome!

I echo MysterySith....
    The fun is just beginning!

First thing you must do is join our mailing list so you are kept well informed!

:)
  18. MZep Jedi Knight

Thanks! These boards were pointed out to me by my good friend New York Jedi, who I work with at the Ren Faire. I'm sure he'll keep me informed. But... I have a confession to make... I'm not a New Yorker at all... I live in Joisey!
  19. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHA! Then you are right at home cause I am the City rep AND am in NJ. But I was born in Brooklyn ;)

20. MZep Jedi Knight

There's a guy who lives in Brooklyn who looks and sounds like me, and we have the same last name and the same birthday. We also share similar parentage. He's not my evil twin though... I'm his. Bloo Ha Ha.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.