main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July 4th Parade in Bellmawr, NJ - and fourth event/activity...rollin', rollin', rollin'....

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    We have been invited to participate in this year's 4th of july parade in Bellmawr NJ by the Garrison Carida 501st who was invited by
    Michael Fright. Michael is the guy who has built a 35ft long Rebel Blockade Runner, Tantive IV, which he built 1:1 scale to Hasbro's 3-3/4 inch action figures. Check it out at Michael Fright's FX. Anyone interested would have to meet up with Michael at 10:30am in Bellmawr which from what I am told is about 10 minutes over the Walt Whitman bridge. The parade route is only a mile long. If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP so I can get back to the Janine at the 501st command center.

Oh and this IS a costumed event! Directions are forthcoming!

Jenni

2. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    BTW, I AM going so anyone wanting to carpool down with me is more than welcome. We'll leave my house in Devon at 9:30 to account for traffic.

I'll be in my Leia Endor gear unless I magically complete a second costume by Thursday morning!

J

3. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I am there!

4. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Directions to the parade line-up:

The parade route begins at the Annunciation Elementary School in Bellmawr, NJ. It's address is 605 West Browning Road.

To get there from Philadelphia:

Take the Walt Whitman Bridge into NJ. As you come down on the Jersey side take 676 to 42 south towards Atlantic City. Just as you leave the bridge two lanes will merge onto 676 from the right. As soon as you can get all the way over to the right lane and exit at Rt. 130 South. ( this is the very first exit after you leave the bridge ). As you come off the off ramp which is two lanes wide, stay in the right lane. Go thru the first traffic light and continue up to the second. Just before the light, there will be a jughandle on your right for making left turns. Take the jughandle and make a left at the stop sign. This will bring you around to the traffic light thru which you must go. Again, stay in the right lane after ! you cross though the intersection and go to the next traffic light. Here the road forks in 4 different directions. AS FAR AS YOU NEED TO BE CONCERNED, IF YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT LANE......, JUST GO STRAIGHT. The 2 lane road then becomes one on the other side. If you took the right road, the third building on your left after the traffic light will be a WAWA convienience store. After passing the WAWA, continue up for about three or four blocks until you see the school on your left and the parade line up.

5. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Oh man, this sounds great, unfortunately we're going away with Em's parents and won't be able to make it. Hope you all have a blast though!

6. Frito

Frito Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    Stinky - all these opportunities to use my knew Jedi gear and I keep missing them. :-(

Well maybe next time.

Cheers,

Dave

7. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Jenn sent the link in for the pictures. Follow the Philly Outer Rim link in the upper and lower left corners of this page to get to our website for the pictures link!

You've GOT to see the Maul-painted 18 wheeler pulling a trailer-sized Rebel Blockade Runner!

Have fun!

8. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    WARNING WARNING! *arms flailing, lights flashing* DANGER DANGER! *more arm flailing* http://www.phillyouterrim.org/ APPEARS TO BE DOWN!!

Emergency averted Link is active... Phew!

Awesome pics! Too bad we missed it...

9. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Jen, a link to our pic with the 501st is on the Force.Net main page! Its listed as Star Wars Independence Day Parade. Ugh...they put up the one with my eyes closed. lol.

10. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    TOTALLY COOL!!!!
    Great job guys!

Have fun.

11. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I can't believe it! That so rocks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.