July 4th Parade - Schoolcraft, MI

Discussion in 'Grand Rapids, MI' started by VADER674, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Date: 7/4/06
    This is a 501st event, I'm also going to post on the RL website. Please PM me if your interested in attending.

Date: 7/4/06
    Time: Lineup @ 10am
    Cost: Just your time
    Non formal event

Meet at 432 E Elisa Schoolcraft, MI 49087

I have set up an Event for the local 4th of July parade here in Schoolcraft, This parade is fairly large and draws a few thousand people out to see it. Thought it might be a good way to get us some exposure. Most of the people that live here actually work in Kalamazoo. The parade takes close to an hour or so to complete.

I for sure am going to march in this. As of right now I'll be doing Vader, unless someone else steps up and wants to then I will defer to them. I?m looking for as many different characters as possible, along with as many troopers as we can get. I would love to have our rebel legion brethren join us.

Update! 5/1/06
    I have a place to change and store our totes. We will be staying inside until right befor the parade to keep cool then march out as the parade begins. I will have plenty of water available to try to keep from having a repeat of our Memorial Day event.

I'm thinking Cookout and swimming pool after the parade at my house as a bonus!!Bring your suits!

Commitments:

Lee - Vader or Trooper
    Lavagrrrl - Princess Leia
    Phil - Sandtrooper
    Blasty - ?
    Donovan - ?
    2- Fanforce Jedi (LieaSkywalker)(?)
    Kassi (my daughter) Padme Battle costume
    Amanda (my daughter) Jiana Solo
    Rowan (my daughter) Mara Jade
    Alex - Stormtrooper or Jedi -
    [/b]
  2. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    This sounds very cool .... :D
  3. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Still working out a few details but we have a place to change and store totes now. Ive got 4 confirmed people so far but I would like more!

Lee
  4. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    we discussed participating @ our meeting last Sunday...I think you can count on a couple of Rebel Scum, depending if fearless leader completed her costume.
  5. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    VERY COOL! I hope you all can come it'll be fun!!
  6. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    Definitely will be there - lucky location VIPs primo changing area - great meeting everyone yesterday and thanks to Donovan for hosting.
  7. Jaareth Jedi Knight

star 1
    this jedi will be in need of a dual seat fighter in order to make it :) anyone wanna give the jedi a lift? :p
  8. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I for one am hapy that everyone can make it! hope to see you all at the parade! It will be fun!

Lee
  9. TK-619 Jedi Padawan

i should have my armor by then... but i dont know if i'll be able to have it all assembled and i know i wont be able to have the rest of the costume... so it looks like i'll have to wait till the next event to participate :(
  10. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lee,

I am going to try and make this one. I just need to conferm that I have the 4th off at work.

TX-338 Out!
  11. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    Could you provide directions other than head straight south down 131?
    thanks
  12. LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Linda go here for your direction needs. http://www.mapquest.com/ Thats what I'm going to have to do to get there.
  13. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    Mapquest doesn't work for that address - already tried it. There's some sort of default that only takes you as far as the city of Schoolcraft itself.

so...should be easy for the locals to provide the specifics.
    also - can we give out candy to kiddies?
  14. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had the same problem, I found out I think elisa is actually "eliza". With that little change I found it.

So try map quest with...

432 E Eliza st
    Schoolcraft, MI 49087
    *that should work, or PM VADER674*
  15. LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry Linda I hadn't done my map yet, so I didn't know their was a problem. Well, I did it with a z and it came out okay. I did it with a s and it changed it to a z, but I did the s after the z. So I don't know if that effected anything or not. Sorry just rambling.

Lee are you still planning on the cook out afterwards and do you want us to bring anything?
  16. Jaareth Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is anyone from G.R. going to this? my hopeful ride has discovered to be unable to make it and id like to go..never been in a parade before.
  17. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Directions are easy. 131 south turn left at the third stoplight you come to. thats eliza. there is a icecream shop on the corner. go east on eliza until the train tracks. the meeting place is on the right imediatly after you cross the tracks.

Yes, having a cook out afterwards! should be lots of of people there. Im doing burgers and hot dogs and will have pop n water to drink if you like to bring a dish to pass that would be great, but not required....lol

If you need directions and information give me a call at 269-744-2875.

Is someone giving Jaareth a ride?
  18. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I might still be able to take you Jaareth. I just need to find out if I am going to have enough room and what time I am leaving. Untill then send me your address. I will let you know for sure tomorrow if I can give you a ride.

Donavon
  19. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaareth / Donovan - If I eliminate my R2 and just bring Yoda (I have a VW Bug), I can bring J. to the parade - however, I have to leave right after the parade so he would need transport back to Tatooine.
  20. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you want to bring J down I can offer him a ride home. I am sure he would like to stay for the cook out?!?

Talk to you later,
    Donavon
  21. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    sounds good Donavon.
    we'll just await a post from Jaareth who can call me (he has my number) or J you can just post and I'll pick you up at the same place that I did last time. Since we'll be lining up at 10:00 and it takes more than an hour to get there - how about around 8:00?
  22. LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sent transmission to J concerning your posts via e-mail. Hopefully he will get back with you soon lovelucas.
  23. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    might want to be down by 9 or 9:30 ars music being played!as parking may be an issue by 10. look for to 501st banner. ill have it mounted to the the jeep. this is going to be great!!! very loud star wars music being played!

Lee
  24. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Lee - will take that advise -

I still haven't heard from Jaareth....
    please call or post....!

I will plan to drive by and pick you up only a tad earlier - 7:30
  25. Jaareth Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok ok ok..sorry mom and brother wanted to go to sears tower in chicago for the holiday...i got home real late...ill be down there at 7:30 and ill wait and hope ya get this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.