main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI July 4th Parade - Schoolcraft, MI

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VADER674, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    whew! - I'm up late - I may be in a navy blue van - or the usual yellow VW- 7:30 it is..... and you read that I will be leaving after the parade but Donavon will be taking you back to homestead with the assumption that you would like to partake of blue milk, etc....

cool, by the way.......... eons ago when I was a stewardess (before they were called flight attendants) I lived on the Gold Coast in Chicago and could see the John Hancock Bldg....but we could always spot that Sears Tower flying in.

And a mighty fine Happy Independence Day (although I love the British) to everyone.

2. VADER674

VADER674 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everybody! it was a great event and from what I'm hearing we were THE hit of the parade and people were blown away!!! THANK YOU also to everyone for coming out to the cookout! And for the salad, my kids loved it! what a blast!!!!! Thanks again! your presence was greatly apreciated!

Lee

3. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    wow - just wow- I had such a great time. The very best part was seeing all ages still loving Star Wars, especially those kids whose excitement just seemed to build when they saw what was heading their way.....VADER!

and Lee - your entire family is amazing - Jen - who did a great job in the jeep with the soundtrack blasting away. Even though it was very hot, I still got chills. Cassie, Amanda and Rowen are spectacular next-generation Star Wars. and special thanks to Blasty who came over from the east side of the state.

the 501st - I salute you.

4. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Sounds like it was a great time, I'm glad the parade went well. :cool: I hope to be in the one next year. :)

I hope everyone had a good and safe 4th of july. [face_flag]

5. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Well, thank you Lee for inviting the GRFF to that awesome parade. That was so much fun and hopefully if you do it next year more costumers will come out for this event.;) They don't know what they are missing. Great to hear we were a hit at the parade because it seems that Star Wars is forever to many people young and young at heart.

6. VADER674

Jul 9, 2005
    Absolutly next year! Already been invited back...lol...Except we will have transport from the end of the parade back (not walking that again)...lol

7. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Lee gave me pictures of the parade and I thought I would share them with everyone. Sorry for the delay with putting them on and for the first three pictures out of order.
    http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/stiger1/July%204th%20parade-Schoolcraft-06/?sc=1&multi=10&addtype=local&media=image

8. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    wow - fantastic pix! - just noticed on the OS - Bantha Tracks - hosting July 4th parade participants - Lee you might want to send the there??

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/banthaonline/

this is an even more direct urrl
    http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/banthaonline/f20060711/indexp5.html

however you do have to be a member of Hyperspace.

9. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    after getting the OK from Lee, I submitted his photos to Bantha Tracks - THREE OF THEM! were used - including Mara Munchkin Rowen - also one showing R2 in the jeep and the one taken behind the jeep - Jaareth's arms outstretched greeting the public

unforth you need hyperspace to view this:
    http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/banthaonline/f20060725/indexp2.html

but here they are!

10. VADER674

Jul 9, 2005
    Even I got a membership so I could see them! Thanks for submitting them!

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.