main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July 5 Barbecue

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by TheBoneyKing, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoneyKing

TheBoneyKing Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2004
    I will be having a barbecue this weekend on July 5.
    It should be great fun. There will be Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Potato Salad (I don't know who would like to eat that stuff, but admit it. You know who you are) and lots of fun.
    My suggestion is that we grab the shelter on the northside of the highway on the east side of the river. Not as many people use that area for fireworks watching as do Freeman Park and the greenbelt south of the highway. There should be ample room for a barbecue grill and a decent size entourage. Hopefully, there will be enough food for everyone who is coming, and if not, hopefully, those of us that do attend bring a big appetite.
    I will be at the Greenbelt early in the day to take care of reserving our spot. Dinner will be served at around 6:30 pm and then we can all hang around and watch the fireworks as a club. So come out, bring a lawn chair and a blanket, and have fun.
    I will bring my Jacket, because cryogenics on the fourth/fifth of July just isn't fun.
    Ciao.
    Hope to see you all there.
    --brad

2. TheBoneyKing

Jun 15, 2004
    If this were a dog show, BYOB would stand for "bring your own bitches."
    But it isn't, so in this case, BYOB stands for "bring your own beverage.

Hope to see you there. Not your dog!

3. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Brad,
    If I remember correctly, there are still some hamburger patties and hot dogs left over from the yard sale that I'm sure we could use for this...I'll check with Alan and make sure...

Sounds like great fun!

I'll try to get a map posted of the location....

BTW, count me and my 2 boys in!

Doug

4. TheBoneyKing

Jun 15, 2004
    I think this warrants a change of plans.
    I visited the Greenbelt where this shelter was, and it looks like it no longer exists. Because of the new building being built near there, they have rerouted the greenbelt path and there are no longer any ergonomic seating areas from where to watch the fireworks and have a barbecue. So either we use the greenbelt south of the highway where we are sure to be clobbered by hoards of people, or we sit in Freeman Park where the fireworks just aren't as good. Freeman Park has better vehicular access, so i would suggest doing it there. If anyone objects to this idea, let me know and we can meet sometime this weekend to come up with a friendlier place to barbecue. Sorry about this abrupt change of plans. The barbecue is still on, just in a different place than i had first envisioned.
    Still hope to see you all there.
    ciao

5. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Hey Brad, glad to see you post on here man. I am also glad that someone came up with the idea to get together and watch the fireworks together. Are we able to light fireworks off at freeman park? You know, we could always get to Civitan park early and just put a bbq there. I think I have seen people do it in the past. Anything will be great, and a lot better than last year's 4th of July.

Count me in!!!!

ERin

BYOB that was good, very good

6. TheBoneyKing

Jun 15, 2004
    Good Idea on Civitan Park. I'm guessing that is the triangular one right next to the mormon temple. That thought never crossed my mind. Its better than Freeman.
    And better than sagebrush.

I'll most likely be bringing a small portable gas barbecue unless someone else has a decent sized one and an appropriate vehicle to get it there.

I believe there is also a shelter in Civitan Park.
    Sounds fun.

7. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I do believe that is correct. Civitan Park is a triangular park. The triangle is formed by Elva, Riverside, and Jefferson streets.

[image=http://s90955334.onlinehome.us/ifswa/images/civitan_park_map.jpg]

Is that correct?

8. TheBoneyKing

Jun 15, 2004
    That's it.
    Food Issues--How many hamburger patties and hot dogs are left? Just curious, since i still have to buy food.
    Hopefully, with that knowledge i can go shopping and know what to get/what not to get.

I have a canopy-tent type thing i will be bringing...
    In the morning pre-parade, i'll be at civitan park to set up. The grill i have to bring is a small briquette-stle with a lid, so it won't be able to cook vast amounts of burgers at once. Look for us somewhere in front of the baseball diamonds under the canopy.
    See ya'll there.

9. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Sounds like a great idea.
    I will see you there. I will also bring my little portable gas grill, give a bit more room for cooking.

Erin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.