main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA July 5th Bar-b-que

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AuntBeruLars, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    How is planning going along? Have we found a park yet?

Who is planning on attending and what do you plan on bringing? Reminder: the fund is furnishing the meat.

The Dikum family is bringing a pot of baked beans and some paper plates/napkins.

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm awaiting confirmation of this event from the Madam Chancellor myself. I've put the request in, so hopefully I'll:

a.) have an event to go to, in the event that:
    b.) they give me the time off

-TJ

3. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I am working on the site for the event and will have more info this week. Am just waiting for confirmation and will post immediately. :) I will be planning and organizing this event.

I was looking at Fried Chicken for the meat and possibly some hot dogs if that is an interest. That way no one has to slave over a grill, we don't have to buy alot of charcoal, and it leaves more time for socializing and having fun.

I will be bringing Zam's favorite potato salad and watermelon. Pasta salads, green salads, chips, and any other picnic item that you can think of is what we are looking for. I am looking into some fun things to do while we are out there also. :)

Did we want the club to also cover the soda needs? Pm me your thoughts on this.

Marric, what do you need from us that will be partaking in C3PO's. :) I can get ahold of a big cooler so we can make it up ahead of time. Let me know if you are interested in it. :)

4. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I will monitor safeway for soda sales. We just came off of that insane buy 2, get 3 12 packs free sale... right now its B2G2... I would be down for 3P0's or carbombs.

-TJ

5. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    WallyWorld has had some great sales on sodas lately. The big 24's were $5. Does this park have a river or lake??? Not sure what we will bring yet(Kimmie's on a strict bland diet at the moment-Doc's orders). What about games? Anyone up for dueling?? I'll check Bullseye 'n Wally's for sales while scouting for new toys.

6. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I have confirmed that I've got the day off from work. Any news on securing the site and such? If not, please let me know ASAP... I might... MIGHT... be able to make some arrangements. There is a pool at my apartment complex, and limited room in my apartment, but I need to know if I'll need to make arrangements for space, etc. There is also my mother's complex... but it's a senior living center so that might not work so well. They DO have a heck of a clubhouse.

-TJ

7. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    There are enough of us that are considered "senior" that your Mom's place could work out just fine...;)

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I hadn't thought of it like that. But we can't have any running around the pool... or Gerri and Marric might break a hip.

-TJ

9. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Funny. That makes me smile all bright and early this morning...[face_laugh]

10. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    you know i just might, but this darn heat has giving me a case of the vapors.

11. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    [face_laugh]

If anyone chases me around the pool, they'll catch me in about 2 steps, except for Marric since he has the vapors.

12. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    What time are we planning on having this (afternoon? evening?)? I'm not really quite sure whether I can make it or not, since family from Fresno may be up that weekend. I'll have to see.

--JediDarkNight

13. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I have found two locations that we can use that have bathrooms. To reserve either place we would need to put down a deposit to hold. Otherwise, we can just show up and hope no one else has the same idea. I have planned the main course, sodas, and paper goods to eat on. I need to hear from all that will be coming so I know how many to be ready to feed. :)

The locations are - Discovery Park ($125 to reserve) lots of tables but could be very busy.
    Mather Regional Park - $200 to reserve - no one has reserved for this weekend. Not usually a busy park. A little out of the way.

I need input so please let me know where you would like to go. I am open to either one. The discovery park one might be easier for members to get to and would have other picnic table areas we could use.

Both parks charge $4.00 per car for the day.

I need to know if anyone has shade structures as that would give us a little more flexability.

Also let me know what you are bringing.

I will make a decision tonight about location after receiving input. :)

14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I've got the day off from work, so I'm down for either... given the choice, I think I'd rather do discovery simply because it's on the river(s) and should be cooler thanks to the delta breeze. I dont think Mather's got much of the way in water/coolness... regardless, I'll need to mooch... I mean arrange, a ride off of someone. :p

2nd Edit: I guess Mather does have a "lake"... dunno. I don't know what Mather's like shadewise compared to Discovery...

-TJ

15. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    They have a shade structure with tables. They do have the lake that you can fish in. I was thinking the discovery park one would be more central for everyone. :)

I am so glad you are off and able to join us that day. :)

16. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah... I'm down for Discovery Park. If Mather's like it sounds... I'd rather do Discovery Park. An artifical "lake" with a couple shade structures and less then mature trees(?)... not to mention a higher cost, less central location... I'd rather have to fight some frat boys and have better shade/location/less money.

17. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    What ever you decide, Nasus, I'm sure will be great. We will be there with bells on.

18. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Sorry we are just checking in. Got our cable/internet back after a 3 day absence. Seems that someone in Apt 5 "accidentally...yeah" hooked to our cable and disconnected us.

We plan on being there. Nasus, I had already bought paper plates and napkins (that we signed up for earlier). We will also be bringing baked beans. If you already bought the paper products, then let us know what else you'd like us to bring.

Discovery park would be wonderful for us. It must be about 2 minutes away. :p

19. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'll go for Discovery Park. It definitely works well for me, and yes, I can actually attend the party this weekend. My parents aren't coming up after all.

As far as bringing something goes, I can bring cookies or something of the like.

--JediDarkNight

20. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Whatever everyone decides is fine by me, you all know Sac better. :)

21. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    What time is this little party starting and ending?

22. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Unfortunately got a call today from Discovery Park that let us know they double booked. We will have to pick a site on a first come first serve basis. :( With that in mind, we should probably make it start a little earlier in the day. They have not rented out the large shade areas so we might be able to snag one of those. I will bring my shade cover and a couple of umbrellas. If you have them, please bring in case we cannot find a covered area. Hey, this is california and what is a picnic/bbq without a little sun. :) Also bring lawn chairs for your seating purposes.

Location: Discovery Park and the time will be:........12:00 until the fun ends. :) I will post signs to the actual location so watch for the star wars signs to lead you to the feast. Come with intentions to eat, drink, and make merry, I mean ready to play some games. The river will be there for all to enjoy, but remember that all children require life jackets. :)

So far, I have these names as coming and bringing items. Please get with me if you do not see your name on the list but plan to be there and also how many will be with you (kids). :) It helps me to plan on the right amount of food.

Sivads - Potato salad, chips
    Dikums - Baked beans, paper products
    Biths -
    TJ -
    JDN -
    Marric -
    JD -

Marric, what do we need for CPO's?
    Adult beverages are allowed but we need to act responsibly. (there, my duty is done, lets party) :)

I haven't heard from some in the group, don't delay. Make sure there is enough for all to eat.

23. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Biths - Green Salad, Strawberry Shortcake, Horseshoes, Games INCLUDING Star Wars Pictionary!!!
    TJ -
    JDN -
    Marric -
    JD -

24. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Biths - Green Salad, Strawberry Shortcake, Horseshoes, Games INCLUDING Star Wars Pictionary!!!
    TJ - extra sodas, himself
    JDN -
    Marric -
    JD -

25. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    TJ - extra sodas, himself
    JDN -
    Marric -veggie tray
    JD -watermelon, chips, cookies

*edit* Oops, and it's just the two of us party animals...we are kidless this weekend. (Ummm...which would mean lots of C3PO's then, methinks)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.