main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson JULY 8TH Meeting 2:00 PM !!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Just to make sure....THIS Saturday at 2pm meet at Cats pool house...correct??

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes- correct, it's official. As far as I know this is what was agreed upon.

3. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Big brother wont be on till tues. :( So I will be there.[face_batting]

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Oy! :rolleyes:

Let me guess... you like that show 'cause it "REAL", not a fabrication?

:p

5. 14of3amberofborg

May 22, 2006
    That's why they call it a "reality" show!!;)

6. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Here's what's on the agenda for tomorrow:

-CR elections
    -Update on T-shirts and banner
    -Battlefront II event update
    -How did the Toyboxx event go? (what happened, improvements for next event, etc.)
    -Flowing wells concert
    -Upcoming fun events? (game night, prop party, movie, etc.)
    -Backdrop update / Howl-o-ween update
    -RPG night
    -Any more CIV info?
    -Toys for Tots
    -Cookbook

If you have anything else to add, speak up now or until tomorrow hold you peace :D

7. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    my company leaves tomorrow and I will finally be able to get back to being online each day for at least an hour or two.

bringing some chips and dip tomorrow to the meeting, and some coca cola for anyone interested.

8. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I assume the monsoon contingency plan is to retreat to Cat's.

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I hope thats what we do

10. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    still muggy and rainy, honeslty Im not going to be in the mood to vader up in the mugginess, anyone else want to bail on the photoshoot this time?

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'll bring my costumes, then at least I'll have a choice when the time comes.

12. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I'm bailing on the photoshoot. Bly will most undoubtedly try to kill me.... [face_worried]

I'll bring some hamburger meat for some burgers...and charcoal for the grill. Someone want to bring buns, lettuce , tomatoes, cheese, and condiments? Chips and burgers will do I believe...call me up and tell me who is bringing what, so i dont get multiples.

13. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I was not going to do the photoshoot anyways. Jango needs some TLC right now which I do not have the time nor funds to give him.

Brats with all the trimmings is what we are bringing.

-Chris

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    So, what you're saying is that the kids are going to be there? :p

Have fun all! The Charlotte Fan Force got together last night. All 4 of us. :p ;)

Hope your weather holds out for you. :D

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Ummm..... OK... I had all my armor all set up to go but I guess I'll forget it for now then. Kinda silly if only 1 person does it.

16. Lord_Malignus

Lord_Malignus Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2006
    My apologies everyone. Right after I PM'ed Cathiecat for directions to the clubhouse, my computer went completely bonkers. Since it is CRITICAL that I have an internet connection, I spent my day buying the necessary software and fixing it. Again, I apologize for missing the meeting and hope to see you guys next time. - Wade

17. 14of3amberofborg

May 22, 2006
    I told him that would sound like we were bringing bratty kids instead of bratwurst!! Silly husbands.... :D

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks again everyone. Sorry about being even more "off" than usual but I have a lot to deal with as of late and I'm not taking change or the prospect of change as well as I should.

I had a great time none the less and knowing that Jet Blue flys from Tucson to NYC I have no intention of leaving the group.

Especially enjoyed the [image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/pointing.jpg] part

[face_laugh]

19. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    [image=http://www.paybytouch.com/news/presskit/finger.jpg]

Ah yeah..... [face_dancing] ..ouch!

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Before I forget also I wanted to say congratulations to Cat for being re-elected as the TFF CR.

21. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I second that...and it's not because she is my honey bunny kitty cat[face_love] either...she HAS done a great job especially through the stress of her health problems she has been dealing with these past few months

Good Job, Honey
    =D= =D= =D=

22. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Voilà, the minutes are posted:

Attendance:
    JediObiKat
    DialSwiftJustice
    firstsonofsolo
    14of3AmberofBorg
    timstephens4
    Mugen!!! (<--his exclamation points, not mine...)
    thatsMISTERwookiee
    Cathiecat
    _Anakin_Vader_
    JediRevan1
    Brian
    hal9k1
    Quilterroussard

The happenings:
    -Cookbook: we need more recipes, email them to fan-force-recipes@cox.net
    -Toys for Tots: we should hear from them in about a month or so
    -RPG: we need a gamemaster before this can take off, there was talk of Vangarian being GM
    -CIV: none of the major nearby hotels are accepting reservations yet
    -Banner: It's done! DSJ just needs to pick it up
    -T-shirts: We all really like the new logo, so now we are looking into have teetimeusa.com make the shirts
    -Flowing Wells concert: we should hear more when school starts back up
    -Backdrop: Mr. Wookiee has 2 of 3 panels for making the backdrops, the plan is to make 3 8'x4' panels of starry backdrop. We want this done for Halloween, not necessarily for the Battlefront II event. We need to confirm that we can make a Death Star blast door for Howl-o-ween.
    -Howl-o-ween: We are going to see if the zoo can provide a person to help wrangle. Blasters will be okay, but we can't draw them out of the holster. The zoo is providing us candy.
    -Cat's moving up the hill
    -Battlefront II: DSG will be coming, so there will be about 17 costumed characters. Sticker cut-out party: Dustin will print out stickers and take them over to Cat's, anyone can come by to help out the stickers, the stickers will feature the cool new logo. If you are going to compete in the event, practice, practice, practice, there's an XBox 360 at stake. The organizing people are having a meeting on Thursday...Mugen's going.
    -Toyboxx: the event went great, so we might do it again next year. $450 were raised for the Teen Challenge group, the event also brought awareness to the group.
    -Hospital visits: DSJ had a great time at the Phoenix Children's Hospital, so we might organize a hospital visit down here in Tucson. We would be bringing Star Wars toys to the kids.
    -CPS Chirstmas: It was mentioned that we might do a kids Christmas event via CPS
    -CR elections: Cathiecat was nominated and elected (what a surprise ;-), congrats Cat)
    -hal9k1 could be moving out to New York assuming his interview goes well

I think this was the quickest meeting I have seen...good job all! :D
    The pool party part was lots of fun, so I vote for having more summertime meetings there!

When do we want to hold the next meeting?
    I doubt I'll be attending the August meeting (I'll be on vacation the first two weekends), so would anyone like to take notes for me? I'll still make up the agenda.

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Great notes, Thanks Kat.

24. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005

Really...that's the first time I've heard about that...nobody tells me anything[face_frustrated]
    I know I wasn't at the meeting...but here it is Monday and am just now reading about it...Cat didn't mention it to me yet so now I have to ask her

25. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I was suposed to be kept on the "down-low" till I find out more. It's only been a few days since I was asked to interview. I'm going at this blind and really have no further information.