main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo July activity reminder!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    To reiterate the crucial details....
    We are gathering at the Midvale (Murray) Red Cross Center (this is a change from being at the Orem center, as they will be closed that day) on Saturday, July 13. The address for the center is 6616 South 900 East MURRAY. Please arrive no later than 11:00 am so you can sign in and go through the pre-donation procedures (they test your blood to make certain you're not anemic and ask a few general health questions). Donations take about 6-10 minutes once you're hooked up, and you can take a few moments to relax in the snack area following donation. We're also scheduled for a showing of AOTC following donation, and I'll come with movie times and theatre options on Saturday.

The appointments are currently setup as follows:
    Boraccio (Michael) 11:00 am
    Navaren (Tiffany) 11:00 am
    Marold (Mary) 11:15 am
    Sinister_Raven (Josh) 11:15 am
    Merlin (Brian) 11:15 am
    ImDaBudge (Rob) 11:30 am
    LaurenFett (Lauren) 11:30 am
    Corrin_Wyndrider (Lee) 11:30 am

2. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Sounds great! Do I still have a ride lined up with you, Navaren? Where do you want me to be so you can pick me up? Please email me the details if possible! (lauren_rae@juno.com)

Lauren

3. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    LaurenFett...

Where do you live? I live right next to campus also.

Tiffany...if you happen to have extra room in your car, could you take me along?

Perhaps LaurenFett and I could meet somewhere, so if you could give us a ride we can be picked up at the same place.

ALSO- If everyone could please review a post that Tiffany made in "where is everyone?" thread to decide on the name for our group, so when we meet on the 13th of July, we can vote on it? I'm sure that this would get the ball rolling and we can get the icon done ASAP.

4. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Yes, I will be providing rides down. No worries, folks. ;)

5. Tori_Dakk

May 3, 2002
    Kay! Thanks!

6. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I've reminded Josh and he plans on being there, I'll remind him again so he doesn't work that day. :D

7. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    I live with my grandparents in a house in the neighborhood slightly North of the MTC (I will be living in Heritage Halls for the fall). I can meet you anywhere on campus...granted I know where it is (I'm a Freshman, so I get lost easily ;)). This is gonna be fun, I'm really excited!

Lauren

8. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks Marold!

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've left the message for Raven to get the day off, hopefully he has time to check it and will get it off.

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Should I bring the pinata's too?

11. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Sure! I'm sure that slightly weak people would just love to be swinging sticks around. ;)

12. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Great, who's my ride?

13. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Here I thought you were taking the bus. ;)
    I should be able to cram one more person into my car (wait....I can cram in two more) as Michael will already be in SLC for work. Lee, can you meet Tori and Lauren at the Wilk, or are you here in Orem? And can you bring up Benjamin, or will he need to work? I just had one of the SLCers drop, and I'd like to fill that spot.

14. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    Anyone who's going with Navaren can meet inside the Wilk by the Jamba Juice place. I'm the goofy-looking girl in the Star Wars shirt. If everyone finds me, then we should all find each other. We'll meet 15 minutes before Navaren picks us up, which time has not been revealed to us. Clouded, the future is...

15. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Let's see....we're due there at 11 am, so I'm thinking 10 am for our departure time.

16. Tori_Dakk

May 3, 2002
    9:45 am this Saturday the 13th it is!

See you there or be square! (unless you have your own means of transportation already)

Very excited, I am! :)

17. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I was just told that the family thing I was going to be doing the day of the blood drive got called off, due to something or other--I wasn't told what--so it turns out that I'm free that day. So I might be going.

Can anyone provide me car space with them? I can't donate, but I'd like to go along for support. I know what it's like to have lots and lots of blood drawn, which is actually the reason I can't donate, and it's a really long, icky story that I don't really want to go into, and I'm babbling, so I'll just go over to the EU boards now and say "KYP AND JAINA FOREVER!"

Down With Captain Cardboard! :)

Dana

18. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    I'm in Provo, so I can do the Wilk. Benjamin will be working at that time, so he won't be able to make it. Sorry.

19. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    Okay, 9:45, at the Jamba Juice, in the Wilk. See you all then!

Lauren

PS I'll be wearing a shirt with Chewbacca on it, so you can find me.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Since I'm now free that day, can anyone give me a lift to the activity? I can provide cookies . . .

I'd like to donate, but a while back, I had this thing called idiopathic immunothrombocytopenic purpura (ITP for short), and I had to take steroids to correct it, and now I've been forbidden to donate blood. :(

Dana

21. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I have one seat left in my car, Dantana. It's yours. Would you be able to meet up with everyone else at the Wilk?

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, sure. I'll be there. Thanks.

Anyone allergic to almonds?

Dana

23. Tori_Dakk

May 3, 2002
    As long as it does have chocolate in it I'll be fine. :)

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    They're chocolate chip, with LOTS of chips, and I've also put in chopped almonds (well, a bunch of almonds were placed in a plastic bag, then I pounded the bag with a meat tenderizer). And there are plenty of cookies, because my mother is on a diet, and that means NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE HOUSE is allowed to eat the cookies, even though *I* made them! Grr. Argh. :)

I just realised I have little idea how I'm going to get to the Wilk. Riding buses that early in the morning isn't my specialty, and the only bus that goes anywhere near by house--fairly close, about a block away--only comes by once an hour on Saturdays. My parents want to give me a ride as much as Threepio wants to go on more adventures. :( Guess I'll just have to get up extra early (yay, Saturday) and find my way over. Sorry if I'm rambling, I had three hours' sleep last night, what with the neighbour's dog barking, my cat yowling in the basement, and a stupid fly hitting the blasted window every thirty seconds or so.

Dana

25. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm still waiting to see if Raven can drive me, if not I get to travel in my ACless car, not looking forward to it, but it's for a good cause and I can suffer.

Course I'll be up at 7 that morning to see my parents off to Vernal and then it's onto my workouts. Then of course there is the cleaning that has to be done as well. Don't you love getting up early on Saturdays? you can get so much more done before noon. :D Yes I'm a morning person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.