main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo July activity

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    As previously mentioned, I have been trying to coordinate our next activity to be with the SLC group. The proposed activity is this:

It's been nearly four months since our successful April blood drive, and I have had requests from the Red Cross that we return. With that in mind, I put it forth that we organize another blood donation and attempt to best the turn out we had from the first run. As an incentive to attend, we would then follow the donation with a viewing of Episode 2. The theatre and showtimes will not be discussed until the day of donation, and then only at the Blood Collection Center. This way we can reward those who come out to support the activity.

I encourage many to come out, even if you can't donate. The moral support offered can be just as valuable.

This will be taking place at the Red Cross donation center in Orem on July 13. Yes, I know this is a Saturday and yes, I know that people have other things to do on Saturdays, but please consider that you'll also be saving lives.

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I will try and make the blood drive. I have no weddings on that day as I know of so far but as for the EPII showing not sure about that one yet. If I'm still in Survivor than no I will not be seeing it with you all even though I want to. If I am off it depends on if it's my week for the challenge or not. So I won't know til the week before I guess. But I'm all for donating blood. I'll see if Josh can get that Saturday off from his jobs and come with.

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well I'm in Survivor for another week. I'll be able to update on my status once again by Wednesday night. Let's hope my team wins then I can stay in and hopefully win the money

4. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Sorry, I'm underage :(
    So, I can't come.

5. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    you can come. you just can't donate, we need all the support. What if someone faints? we need someone who hasn't given blood to lift them back up. ;) I'm kidding about the fainting.

6. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Of all days...

I wish I could go to this one, but as it is, we had to change my sister's birthday to the week before because I'm going to St. George to get a 4 generation picture with my baby, mother, and grandpa before Grandpa's health fails. It's the only week I can do that, or I would squeeze the blood drive into my schedule for that day with a birthday party and the Scottish Festival at Payson.

Sorry. :(

7. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I have just been informed that the Orem center will be closed on July 13, so we're moving this production up to SLC again. Address and all that forthcoming.

Head count so far-

8. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    I will try to find a substitute for work, and then hope that perhaps someone would be willing to give me a ride to SLC? I've only been in Utah for a few weeks; I don't think I'd feel safe taking the bus by myself!

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've lived in Utah my whole life, I still don't feel safe taking the bus by myself.

10. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    We'll be finding a babysitter for that one, so we'll have two extra seats...or three if those riding are skinny little people. Consider one of those seats yours, Lauren.

11. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    For those of you who are uncomfortable riding the bus alone, tell me where and when you'll be waiting and I'll join you.

P.S. Sorry I missed the June activities.

12. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Yay! Now I have two options! I'll figure that all out later...in the meantime I have to get someone to sub for me at the Morris center (there's gotta be someone who will give up a Saturday of freedom to do slave labor in a dishroom!)

Lauren

PS What will we be doing with these SLC fans?

13. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Cool, Hey Tiffany, can you count me in with the carpool up to SLC?

I'd like to go. :) of course I can't give blood though, i lack in the iron department.

14. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I need first and last names and phone numbers of those willing to donate PMed to me as soon as possible so I can schedule your times with the Red Cross. Please get that to me ASAP.

15. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    We will be able to borrow a van for this trip, so between the two vehicles (our car and the van) we should be able to transport the entire Provo FanForce to this activity. Remember, guys, we're meeting up with the SLC group....let's show 'em what we're made of!

16. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well I'm still in Survivor but we don't meet til the evenings so I will hopefully be able to make it to the AotC showing. We don't meet til the evenings anway. :D See you all there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.