main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July Activity

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by navaren, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Hi guys. It's Tiffany from the Provo FanForce, and after speaking with Allen about a joint activity for the month of July, details have been decided on.

It's been nearly four months since our successful April blood drive, and I have had requests from the Red Cross that we return. With that in mind, I put it forth that we organize another blood donation and attempt to best the turn out we had from the first run. As an incentive to attend, we would then follow the donation with a viewing of Episode 2. The theatre and showtimes will not be discussed until the day of donation, and then only at the Blood Collection Center. This way we can reward those who come out to support the activity.

I encourage many to come out, even if you can't donate. The moral support offered can be just as valuable.

This will be taking place at the Red Cross donation center in Orem on July 13. Yes, I know this is a Saturday and yes, I know that people have other things to do on Saturdays, but please consider that you'll also be saving lives.

Please post here if you will come out and support this activity!

2. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I have just been informed that the Orem center will be closed on July 13, so we're moving this production up to SLC again. Address and all that forthcoming.

Head count so far-

3. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]yikes, a [/color]blood[color=663300] drive? I'd prolly pass out if I gave blood. could I show up for moral support??? ;)[/color]

4. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Please do! We'd love to have you out...look at it as a "bleed and greet". ;)

5. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]well, tell me the time and place and you just might see me. ;) I'd still love to just meet some of you guys somewhere. barnes and noble or wutever. [/color]

6. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    You know you got me in for bleeding. :D It doesn't hurt like I thought and I didn't faint. I know, go me.

7. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]awe, yer the man..... uh.. whoops. :p I just get lightheaded when they take anything outta me. really bad. ;) but who knows, maybe I'll go for it. I better get a cookie for it!! [/color]

8. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    They've got quite the array of snackage for post donation recovery. Try it, Merlin, you might like it!

Okay, maybe you won't really dig the needle idea, but at least you'll be doing a great deed.

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Just to clarify somethings. I'm not a man, I know Marold doesn't sound like much of a female name but it is.

10. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I know yer a girl! =p I was just joking with the "uh.....whoops" remark. ;)[/color]

11. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I'll come.

12. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Great! I need everyone who will be participating to PM me with their first and last names and a phone number so we can get you scheduled with the Red Cross.

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    You know mine.

14. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I've already got your appointment (and Josh's, just in case) set for 11:15 that morning. Michael and I are going at 11:00 am. Merlin, I'll get you scheduled for 11:30. Are you a first time donor?

15. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    What if you're a minor? I just turned seventeen, so I'm allowed to give blood now, but I still have to deal with all that parent permission stuff.

16. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    If you're a minor, I'll get you a waiver/permission slip to have signed by your parents. Please bring it with you to the activity and be certain to give it to me before you start filling out the Red Cross paperwork.

17. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]ACK! I just might be gone that saturday! =( I don't know yet, depends on how the job goes. navaren, I am a first time donor. schedule me and if I'm not outta town that weekend, I'll show up. ;)[/color]

18. StarWarsManiaMan2002

StarWarsManiaMan2002 Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    :( I'll be in Houston on that date, how about the 20th.

19. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Unfortunately the date is not subject to change. Looks like we'll see you at the next activity.

20. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    Tiffany,

What time am I to have the life force of my body crudely sucked from me by a medical school drop out?

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'll be able to make it to the showing of AotC as well if we go. survivor will be happening on the 12 so I'm good. :D

22. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    We'll all be so glad to see you there Ms. M.

hahahhahahahhaha...

I just drove down to utah lake to take my dogs swimming. I got there and discovered that there is a $7.00 per vehicle charge I only had five so I spent 2 hours driving in the hot car with two of the most rambuctious dogs in the world for nothing. I just want to break something.

23. StarWarsManiaMan71

StarWarsManiaMan71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    :) Hey guess what I got into today, moved from Vancouver, Washington. I'll be here on the 13th and can join in. What are the times?

24. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    You need to send me a PM with your first and last name and phone number so I can get that appointment scheduled.

To reiterate the crucial details....
    We are gathering at the Midvale Red Cross Center (this is a change from being at the Orem center, as they will be closed that day) on Saturday, July 13. The center can be found at 6616 South 900 East in Murray. Please arrive no later than 11:00 am so you can sign in and go through the pre-donation procedures (they test your blood to make certain you're not anemic and ask a few general health questions). Donations take about 6-10 minutes once you're hooked up, and you can take a few moments to relax in the snack area following donation. We're also scheduled for a showing of AOTC following donation, and I'll come with movie times and theatre options on Saturday.

The appointments are currently setup as follows:
    Boraccio (Michael) 11:00 am
    Navaren (Tiffany) 11:00 am
    Marold (Mary) 11:15 am
    Sinister_Raven (Josh) 11:15 am
    Merlin (Brian) 11:15 am
    ImDaBudge (Rob) 11:30 am
    LaurenFett (Lauren) 11:30 am
    Corrin_Wyndrider (Lee) 11:30 am

25. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002