main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN July Book Club meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by EMERALD_GREENE, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Hey all! :D . The July Book Club meeting will be at 7:30 pm on July 18, 2002 at the Borders Book Store Cantina on U.S. 31 S. & Shelby st. (as usual). The Book this month will be Dark Tide 1: Onslaught. Happy reading all! :D

2. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    Just a reminder for those of you who didn't get to attend the General meeting, you only have a couple more weeks to get this months book read! :D

3. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Be careful at the next bookclub meeting. The Boba Binks Association has been informed that whojedi- evil tyrant wants to come to bookclub and burn all the books. What an evil Natzi! Don't vote for a book burner. Vote for Someone who reads books and does not burn them. Vote Boba Binks as Vice President.

Brought to you by the Binks Association.

4. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    So does this mean that WhoJedi and Binks will BOTH be at the next Book Club meeting?

5. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I will be there, I am not sure about whojedi. He will probably come in all dressed up like a natzi and light the place a blaze.
    Plus, I like going to outback after.

6. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    Never feal all! Local law enforcement will be there (plainclothes) to provide a safe & fun environment for all concerned. Since this is a 'no politics' zone there should be no problems but the jail wagon is just a call away for any out of control protesters. [face_devil]

7. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
  8. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    I'm looking forward to this meeting. Stackpole is one of my favorite SW authors--and it introduces Jag.

9. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm not from Indy, but I'm scheduled to be in town next Thursday evening and thought about joining the meeting. I read Onslaught about a year ago, so I'm brushing up on the book again.

Just curious what the agenda typically is so I know what to expect. Looking forward to it and hope to be there in time. Thanks.

10. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    We'd love to see you there! We meet at about 7:30 pm & discuss the book (& whatever ELSE) untill they kick us out at 10:00, then usually go to the Outback Steakhouse & continue untill we can't talk any more. Always a good time. Hope you can make it! :D

11. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Hey guys! I am going to be late to Bookclub next week (teaching Bible School next week... Veggie Tales Rock!). I will be there closer to 9:00... but at least in time to go to Outback! ;)

12. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    Book-gang:

The dollar store that is diagonally across the street from the Greenwood AMC (campout central), I think its called "Deals" or something like that, kinda next to Bed Bath and Beyond.

Anyway- they have the Episode I visual dictionary... for a DOLLAR! (duh)

so, if any of you still need one from the last movie, or would like to get one as a gift, snatch 'em up! They had quite a few still wrapped in plastic.

13. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    This is a gentle reminder to everyone that the Book Club meeting is this Thursday at 7:30 pm. I have given 2 members my blessing to be late for good reasons but I expect the REST of you to be there on time, books up & ready to learn! :D (having school time flashbacks? lol) j/k Hope to see everyone there!

14. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    I'll be there, EG

15. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm with you too!

So is TK-929

16. Redphive5

Redphive5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Emerald_Greene... you have PM.

17. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    See you guys there. :)

18. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    I will also be there with some freebies--comics, mostly. I want to get rid of them. They are taking over my life.

BTW Jacen is such a loser in this book!

19. Hoot

Hoot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    I can't make it. *sigh*

20. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    NQ- I will be bringing a special package for you, too! If for some reason I don't get to Borders before they close, I'll catch up with you guys at Outback.

See you then!
    queen out

21. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Hoot. Better luck next time.

22. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I am going to have my Dad pick Keytin up on his way home so that I can go to Outback with you guys. If you don't mind me tagging along.

23. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    Everyone's welcome. :)

24. QUEEN-KARENDALA

Jan 2, 2001
    Just got home... I was only at the meeting for ~10 minutes and then we went to Outback.

Welcome our visiting member from Evansville, Buckaroo! hope we didn't scare you TOO much!

:D

25. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    Before I get started, I want to say 'Thank You' to Skylafett for taking over my duties as I had to leave early due to an extremely personal family emergency. Thanks for covering for me. When I started the meeting we had in attendance Incom4, Skylafett & son, Aderagon (who left early), Redphive5 (who left early & Boba Binks. If I am missing anyone, I'm sorry, I'm still somewhat rattled. I was leaving as 3 new people were arriving ( sorry I couldn't greet you properly) so maybe Skyla could fill us in on what happened from there.

For everyone who attended the meeting, thanks for coning out & I hope you had a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.