July cook-out meeting

Discussion in 'Omaha, NE' started by paperclipx, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    At the last gathering it was decided to make our July meeting the family friendly sort of thing FF likes. Soo, we decided to have the much talked about cook out. It will of course, be the third Sunday in July. What we need to know is, would the afternoon or evening be more convienent for people?

Oh, the location you ask? Well as not to burden any one person as host and disaster area status for their house, we decided on a public park. Walnut Grove Park, at roughly 150th/Q St, was selected in a highly democratic election, the results of which are still classified and in their third recount. It is a fairly large park, with tons of trees and shade and picnic areas. Well suited to our needs.

So, as stated before, this will be a whole family kinda thing. So bring the kids, if you want.

So please start giving your suggestions on how to make this even better. As of right now its BYOF. Unless we can think up a way to make it otherwise.
  2. yatchie Jedi Knight

star 1
    well I wold love to go but unfortunatly I will not be able to attend on the account that I will not be living in the state anymore. I will be moving that Friday before. maybe I can meet up with some of yunz before I leave

Dan
  3. Ummeiko Jedi Knight

Sounds fun. I might be able to show up, if you don't mind my bringing along the kids I'm baby-sitting for that weekend. I'll have to talk to their parents and see if it's okay. ^_^.
  4. Ummeiko Jedi Knight

Oh, and even if I don't go, I can give directions to anyone who needs them (seeing as how Walnut Grove is just blocks from my house). Millard can be kind of confusing if you're not sure where you're going.
  5. Forceofvader Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm interested in going just need to know all the details. I'll be moved up to Omaha on the 16th.
  6. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm assuming this little shindig is next weekend. Have we hammered out a time yet? And who's to bring what?
  7. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Who knows.....there doesnt seem to be too much interest. Besides, I will be otherwise occupied this coming weekend. Im moving.
  8. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If we can't do the cook-out, maybe we can get together for something else. I hate to see our July meeting go down the drain.
  9. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah! You all can help me move next weekend, that sounds like a plan, lol!
  10. Forceofvader Jedi Knight

star 2
    C'mon my first weekend in Omaha and you're not having a meeting. What the heck. I'm not having it. I'm kind of anxious to meet all of you in the Big O. Just let me know what ya'll want to do. TTYL

Mike
  11. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    C'mon, Marximus. You can't spend ALL day moving. You gotta take a break sometime. Anyhoo, I have to work til 5 on Saturday & will probably be off on Sunday so I'm up for it. I live just mere blocks from Memeorial Park, so we could meet over there too.
  12. Forceofvader Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I just found out I'm going to have to work through this weekend so I am not able to attend. I will be up that Monday thouhg. Since people don't seem to keen on the idea of this weekend what about next??? I'd really like to get together and meet everyone.
  13. yatchie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have to respectfully bow out of the gathering. I am moving back to Pa this Friday. Sorry
  14. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well heres a suggestion.....since the cook-out idea seems pretty much still-born, if you want, you can come hang at my place Sunday evening. We'll get some pizza and drinkage, watch some Fan films and movies, play some games....just like the old days, lol. Just let me know....pm for directions.
  15. Ummeiko Jedi Knight

Well... I couldn't make a Sunday evening shindig (nor do I think my parents would let me hang out at someone's house whom they didn't know. So, I'm still up for a Sunday afternoon cookout. But, go with the majority. ^_^.
  16. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Let's see, your place will have air-conditioning, cold beverages in the fridge, pizza, & entertainment system, sounds like a plan. I will need the address though.
  17. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well if this what you want to do, post now, lol. I will be away from the puter for the rest of the weekend, starting tomorrow morning.
  18. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Hi, paperclipx invited the Lincoln fanforce up for this get together.

I don't think anyone of us is able to attend.
    (two members are gone for two weeks.....)

Maybe some other time.

Bye.
  19. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all. Hope you can make it. I am bringing all my fan films. Here's a list.

-George Lucas in Love
    -Hardware Wars
    -The Phandom Menace
    -Short 10 with George Lucas (has his original THX-1138 student film)
    -The Stars of Star Wars
    -Star Warp'd
    -Star Wars vs. Star Trek: The Rivalry Cotinues
    -Starwoids
    -Thumb Wars
    -Troops

They are all on DVD and have lots of extras. It should be fun. See ya Sunday!

boB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.