main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass July meet dates....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Jun 30, 2007.

?

July meet dates....

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. July 7th or 8th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. July 14th or 15th

14.3%
  3. July 21th or 22nd

28.6%
  4. July 28th or 29th

57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    For the July meet I figured I would post a poll to see what date(s) would work best for the group. In the past we have generally held meets on Sundays, but if Saturday works out better we could do that.

As for a type of meet that is up in the air. I know it is summer time and cookouts seem to be the right choice, but that doesn't mean we have to do cookouts every time we meet. So if anyone has a suggestion on what to do feel free to post it.

Jorge

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Good idea Jorge. Me, I'm definitely out the 15th (kids b-day party) and the 28 & 29th (vacation on the Cape).

I could maybe do the 14th?

How about instead of a cookout we do maybe Pinz or Jillians?

3. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Pinz or Jillians sounds great. They both offer up similar things so either one would work for me.

4. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I voted for the last weekend of the month.

Busy all other weekends. :(

5. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi guys!

I also voted for the last weekend of the month however, the only day I am not available is the 21st.

=)

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    All Saturdays are difficult for me - prospecting. The 14th and 28th are esp. difficult for us, though, since Christa has an astronomy meet those days. I babysit the Bean and she goes and has a night out with the REAL stars. I voted the 21st simply because we don't have anything else yet that weekend.

7. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Hi, I was in the Boston group and just received the email that they merged with this group. I'd be interested in attending the July meeting if that would be ok.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Absolutely! Welcome to the new forum!

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Everyone is welcome to attend. We are one big family here in MA. Just pick what date best suits you and hopefully here in a few days a date will be picked. It is early in the month but at the same time if we take too long to pick the date then we have to scramble to get a meet set-up. Easier to knock it out as early as possible.

10. DeathProof

DeathProof Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2007
    I can't decide until a place is picked. This weekend is my birthday party, I have to work, the 22nd I am going to the races in NY and the end of the month I'll be in Westminster by that time settling in.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Any decision made on a date yet? If we wait for this poll to end, we'll be in August.;)

12. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Looks to me like we are looking at the weekend of 28/29th and I think that Sundays usually work better for everyone so, I would say the 29th.

Now, I think the question is where. =)

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's cool. Unfortunately I'm going to be away on vacation that weekend. Whatever you guys end up doing, have fun and take some pictures if you can!

14. KingDeath

KingDeath Jedi Knight

Apr 30, 2007
    Good date I think, I'd say Jillians or even could meet @ the NEW Hard Rock Cafe Fanueil Hall location.

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am not sure where I would like to meet up. I am wanting to go bowling which would be Pinz in Milford. But at the same time I kinda want to shoot pool (even though I suck) and play video games, which would be Jillians in Worcester since the one in Boston took out their arcade and I wasn't too impressed with the place when Chris, Jim, and I went for a meet they might have changed I don't know. If anyone else knows of a location that could be good feel free to post. We could just do another cookout or an activity at someone's home that is fine with me.

16. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Out of curiosity, is Pinz a ten-pin establishment or candlepin?

I'm out of this meet, if only because Ed and I are doing something else this Saturday night (a Brockton Rox baseball game).

17. DeathProof

Apr 8, 2007
    I vote Jillian's in Worcester since they have video games and pool and gooooood food.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think the Worcester Jillians now has a couple of bowling lanes. Not 100% sure though so someone may want to call ahead.

19. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I took a look at their site quick and there looks to be no bowling alley. It is the Pool hall version for Jillian's. I haven't been there in a year so it could be possible that it has changed but the location wouldn't be big enough to do much of an add on.

20. DeathProof

Apr 8, 2007
    Unless they ditched some of the video games?

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    If they got rid of the kitchen and video games then maybe, but I doubt they would do that. I think they need to find a bigger location and make it into a full blown Jillian's. According to their website they have several different things/activities that people can enjoy at their establishments.

22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I actually favor Boston Billiards on Gold Star Blvd, but maybe it's those black dresses the waitresses wear...

23. mattdamick_is_back

mattdamick_is_back Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    I am open to where ever the meet is but would like to avoid Boston because it just makes everything more expensive.

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Is Boston Billards just pool tables? I have never been there so I am curious. I may be interested in trying that for a meet this month if others would like to.

25. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I've been to pinz, its really fun! Bar, restraunt, arcade, disco bowling, laser tag - its got it all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.