July Meet Thread: BBQ at Chris's House! 7/31

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Here are all the juicy details, mostly provided by (and written by) Chris:

It will be on Saturday July 31st starting at about 2:00pm, but people can show up anytime before and after that time too.

We will be having a whole bunch of hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, chicken and boca burgers for those who are vegetarians. I will also have many snacks foods (chips and dip, corn chips and salsa, cheese curls, popcorn, etc.). Cheese-crackers & pepperoni also. We will also hopefully have many sides dishes like potato salad , macaroni salad, garden salad, etc.

If a game is on the T.V. it will be on so you won't miss anything. If any kids should be in attendance, we will have goodie bags with all sorts of little toys and items to keep them busy and freeze pops are never in short supply.

If anyone is interested, please let us know by July 29th, so I know how many of you are coming and if you will be bringing a guest. I don't have a lot of parking on the street so try and carpool if possible, motorcycles are always welcome and encouraged. If you get hungry again and you see no food ready just ask we will make more. The party does not stop until it stops. One year a party here went until 4:00 a.m.

It is not required but if you like to bring something to add to the cookout that is fine. I usually just tell everyone to bring themselves. But if you do bring something it will be greatly appreciated.

I live in Milford which is about 45-60 minutes southwest of Boston. I will supply directions later, and if you cannot get a ride, you can take the T Commuter Rail from South Station to Forge Park Station in Franklin. I live 10-15 minutes by car and we can pick up people.

So I know I will see many of you but please post here or PM me so I know who is attending. And also what you might be bringing with you so I don?t have too much of something.

Roseanna's addition: A commuter rail schedule for the Franklin line can be found here. Like Chris said, we can pick you up at the train station. The commuter rail is very easy to use if you've never used it before. If you have any questions about it, you can post here or PM me or Chris.

You know you want to come! It'll be a lot of fun. I'm sure we can break out a Star Wars game or two if people are interested. I'm always out for Trivial Pursuit revenge...grrr... :p

That's all! Post post post! :)
  2. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm gonna make a serious attempt to get to this one. I'll probably just drive in - in which case, I'm gonna need directions.
  3. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope you can come! Chris will be posting directions sometime in the near future. :)
  4. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    I will be coming... I will ask to work early hrs on saturday ... will be there about early evening if possible and will stay as late as possible....

Justin Manning
  5. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I'm so there!! :D

Epic Duels! Epic Duels!!
  6. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Since I'll be in Boston and Roseanna was nice enough to invite me, I'll be coming as well. I'll try to bring something if I can find a grocery store near my hotel. I look forward to seeing you all. Thanks for putting up with this Philly chick. :D

-Natasha
  7. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    Natasha ,
    What hotel are you staying at ?

I work in Westwood, and will be driving to the BBQ after work... I can always bring things from the store after off....

How about we find out from Chris, whaty is needed and he can meet me before friday to get the stuff to the house....

Justin Manning
  8. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know yet where I'm staying. Probably someplace close to the Science Museum since that's where the LOTR exhibit is.
  9. Reaper63 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok everyone, be careful of Natasha! She's a dangerous one! don't let her small size fool you!!!

:)
  10. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    You know I'll be there. [face_dancing]
  11. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Please disregard any messages from that rebel scum. Living in New Jersey has addled his brain. :p
  12. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I live in Jersey....but I'm not like Ed!

I don't think Gary and I will be attending. He has to work that day and for three days after that, as do I.

Have FUN guys!
  13. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    This sounds like its going to be some good fun...and some good food. I'll be making my way over.
  14. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Hey I'm from Jersey too :p
  15. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Would someone be so kind as to give me a contact number so I can get in touch when I'm up there for getting someone to meet me at the train station? PM or e-mail iycis@hotmail.com.

Thanks, much appreciated!

-N
  16. kamsolusar2000 Jedi Padawan

I live within a 5 min walk from the norfolk train station, anyone who wants a ride from the station im me- or e-mail me a kamsolusar2000@aol.com---Eric
  17. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I may be able to come, not sure...hope directions come out soon!
  18. rub_my_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

Suggested game: How many references to Star Wars can you name from other movies and/or TV shows? Start thinking! By the way- Chris has a roommate that no one has heard from in a long time. We think Chris has him tied up in the basement. If you come over please try to find him, his name is Mike and he needs your help!
  19. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone ..I Private messaged directions today .
    If I missed you I am sorry then let me know.
    It has been a long week at work and the DNC is not even done yet. [face_frustrated]

Also if you are bringing something please post here so I know and everyone else knows so we don't have 10 of the same thing.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there.
    We got games (Epic Duels,Overpower, STAR WARS Trivia, etc.)
    We got movies (STAR WARS of couse, Matrix, comedies, etc.)
    And should have plenty of food without a doubt.

So far I have definite responses from:
    Roseanna, Natasha, Meriywn, Jeff, Jim, and Justin.

I hope everyone else can make it.
    You can arrive at any time later than 2:00 it will be fine.

And let me know who else is definitly going.

20. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah I almost forgot!

You are allowed to bring a guests if you want.

Just post if you are. :)
  21. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    I should be there, barring any car trouble or last-minute stuff coming up. I probably won't be there until after 4, though, but I can stay till around 10ish before I have to leave for work (assuming things go that late).
  22. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    It would be great if you could finally come to another meet. ;)

Remember guys, if you need directions, just PM Chris or myself and we'll forward them to you. And if you want a phone number to call in case you get lost or your plans change, we can help you out with that as well!

For anyone taking the commuter rail, I will be at South Station at 1pm to catch the 1:20pm train. I believe round trip tickets for the last stop on the Franklin line can be purchased for $10.50 at South Station. If you plan on meeting me there, please let me know so I can look for you and so Chris knows how many people are going to need picked up at the train stop. :)

As far as bringing food goes, I will be bringing a couple boxes of vegetarian meat substitute items. If anyone wants to share with me, you're more than welcome! :D
  23. rub_my_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

Keep in mind that I can also assit with picking up people at the station. For those of you who don't know me (yet) I'm Mike and I'm Chris's roommate.
  24. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok I'll be meeting Roseanna at South Station. I'm all sorted out once and for all I think.
    I'm a herbivore too, so the meat substitutes are greatly appreciated. :p

See you all Saturday!

-N
  25. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome! A fellow vegetarian! If you have any favorite brands or products (as in sausage, chicken, or burger substitutes) you'd like me to pick up, let me know. I like pretty much all of them. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.