main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA July Meeting - 7/23/05 - Letterman Digital Arts Center

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i second kay_dee's motion! it's a great idea to have our summer meetings there, then back to the metreon, where, incidentally, i met you guys :cool:

maybe next time we could have a picnic up there - what do you think matt, would they let us? we could all bring something to save money and show off our culinary skills! that would be fun.

i still can't believe parking is free up there. i am still stupefied. [face_hypnotized]

2. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    A Jedi Picnic! It doesn't get any cooler than this. I'll bring homemade cookies for y'all to munch

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    When I first went there, I asked about picnics, and the guard said they weren't really allowed, I guess for the mess factor and it being a new place and all. Maybe soon. If we have time, we can go next door to the Palace of Fine Arts and pretend it's Naboo. :)

4. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    The Palace of Fine Arts...is that that round, Mediterranean looking building? I wondered what it was. I would be very interested in going over there. I love Mediterranean architecture.

5. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    That's where the Exploratorium is. Now that's a fun place. The archetecture is very beautiful and even once served as the "Vatican" for the movie Stigmata. It was also featured in the movie Time after Time. The Palace of Fine Arts is pretty much all that's left from the World's Fair that San Francisco hosted shortly after the great Quake and Fire of 1906.

6. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    That dome also reminded me of Naboo. A picnic over there sounds nice. I'll bring the blue milk...j/k

7. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm pretty sure that the dome is what inspired some of that in a creation and look of theed.

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Look for our group photo in the next issue of Bantha Tracks. :)

9. Callisto_DAerisian

May 26, 2005
    Re: Naboo Picnic...OMG I will have to bring my luggage for some young jedi to carry for me and fawn over me... 8-}

Re: Theed...that is SO true never even thought of that! very similar architecture indeed.

Re: Bantha Tracks...REALLY? matt let us know when, i will need to subscribe to be a hyperspace member then, also because i feel left out when you guys refer to stuff in there!!! o_O

10. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Right on Matt, I was almost going to pm you the other day suggesting that you send it in! I was even thinking of the girls picture with a caption to the effect of 'Star Wars isn't just for the boys'. ;)

- Kay Dee

11. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    :) Hey guys!!!
    Very nice pictures, I wish I was in some of them :_| .
    It was very nice of you guys what you did for Brit :)
    You guys are so sweet :D

For sure i'll be there in the next meeting.
    when is going to be?
    probably I will see you soon, are we still going to Sta. Cruz?

12. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I second the feeling about needing to subscribe to Bantha Tracks so as not to miss out. lol
    Speaking of the exploratorium, we should do a group trip to the tactile dome there sometime. It's a lot of fun. The museum itself is really cool also. I found out of a machine there that my hands don't generate any electricity so I'm not sure I am technically alive. javascript:fnMarkupFace('laugh');

13. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry I forgot to do this last month.

Here are my pictures from the meeting at the Presidio

http://kay-dee.net/sffanforce/

- Kay Dee

14. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Cool Pictures :)

15. Callisto_DAerisian

May 26, 2005

u took good pics, kathy. thanks for sharing! i will definitely save the one with my bro and me :) sorry we missed most of the last meeting due to logistical issues. LOL

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Wrong thread

17. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

My electrical reading was off the scale... Could be a Force-sensitivity test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.