main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC July meeting: 7/24, 3pm - Bowl America Edsall Road

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    No, it's still bowling. However, are we set on the afternoon? What if I can only get a bunch of lanes reserved for the evening? Thoughts? Right now my plan is to try to reserve 3-4 lanes, figuring on about 15 people.

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    The time doesn't matter to me. I'd think the afternoon would be less crowded than the evening, so there might be a better chance of reserving lanes then. But then again, what do I know? Hehehe. Whatever time you can get should be fine.

3. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Edit: Ok, never mind what I did have in this message. I got something better. Ha.

I made the executive decision and made reservations for 3 pm at Bowl America on Edsall Road in Alexandria. I told them we'd be about 15, which can be adjusted. The cost (with 15 people) is $6 apiece for two games, including shoe rental. We can add on another game if we want to bowl 3 games - that is $7 including shoes.

Let me know if there's any major problems with this plan, otherwise, we'll go with it!

And if anyone can give me a lift, that'd be swell! I may not have the car that day...

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    That sounds good! I even know where it is. Hehehehehe.

If no one objects, I will change the title of this thread and make it so.

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    sounds good to me,

6. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    As far as I can tell, we should be able to make it this Saturday so count on another 3 bodies. Eugenia, if you still need a ride, let me know.

7. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Thank you! I will definitely let you know.

8. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Now Zak and I can have a rematch. (Too bad he'll probably own me this time... I only won by like... 2 pins or something...)

9. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    ..........We shall see........ :cool:

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Thats a good deal on bowling :) Sadly, I can't make it (ho ho, this joke never gets old), but you guys should really have another meeting in MD - we had a great time at Dave and Busters :)

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    D&B was a good time. If we ever make it over there again, we'll be sure to think of you, malkie. ;) :)

Does anyone need directions to the bowling alley? It's very easy to find. It's right off of 395, Edsall Road east exit, if I'm not mistaken.

12. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah I need directions please. :D

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Fine, I'll scratch malkie off the list of those who can make it. Well, at least you told us! ;) we could have waited a while for you.

I left the phone number and directions at home - I can post them later unless someone else wants to do it sooner.

14. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    *EDIT*

Well I tired to set up a mapquest link, but it looks like TF.N doesn't like complex links (or I'm missing some detail), so here's the address, I guess you'll have to cut and paste to mapquest or something:

6450 Edsall Rd. Alexandria, VA 22312

Their phone number is (703) 354-3300

It looks like their off of 395 near the 495 interchange.

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    That is correct.

From the beltway, you will want to get on 395 North. I believe the very next exit is Edsall Road East. Once you get off at the exit, you should see the bowling alley on the left.

I've never actually been to that particular bowling alley, so I'm not exactly sure where the turn into it is located.

16. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    So, the plan is to meet up at 3:00pm at the Bowling Alley, correct?
    Eugenia, let me know if you still need a ride.

17. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Are we ever going to have one of our meetings posted on TF.N? Do they just not like us? :_|

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    It seems like ours get posted to ff.net, but don't usually make it to TFN. I'm not sure why that is... but I can tell you that the reason it's not there this time is because I didn't submit it in time. So, my bad. :)

19. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    well, im out of this meeting again, just didn't get paid enough to come up. once i get bills sorted out i should be able to make one. which will proberly be the christmas party. oh well,

20. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Hey all!

How'd the meeting go? The wedding was a blast but I still wish I'd been able to make the meeting.

Hope to see everyone at the next meeting!

Jeff the Bald

21. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    The meeting was groovy, I'm sure Liz will post the info eventually... Heh.

22. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    eventually I will. :D

maybe tonight if you're lucky. ;)

23. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Summary of 7/24/04 meeting

After two games of bowling, we held the meeting. Valerie announced it was Jeff's last minute for a really long time. We will miss him while he is traveling around the country for almost a year. :( However, the GS wishes him the best of luck! :)

Members gave to the treasury making our total $107.00 but it still isn't enough to go to Key West. ;).

Galactic Senate T-shirts- Valerie shared the winning GS logo that will be put on T-shirts by Cafe Press. She let everyone know that she opened an online store and that she needed someone to help make the shirt. Zak and Charles offered to help.

Upcoming Events-

NIH will have a viewing of Star Wars: A New Hope on 8/13 at 8:30 PM.

Galactic Senate Anniversary party will be sometime in October.

Original Trilogy DVD party will also be held in the upcoming future, possibly 10/2 or 10/9.

CapClave is on 10/16.

Life Day party- Chrissy volunteered to host the shindig this year. This will take place sometime in December.

Meeting was adjourned and there was more bowling and fun to be had. :)

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    $107 might be enough for me to go, if I take the bus.

25. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Ah, Key West. Hawaii with a highway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.