main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI July Meeting (or end of June)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I know July wont work for some people and that we also discussed meeting at Rythmn and Booms which I would be up for. Maybe like before the fireworks start. My dad is doing a customer appreciation brat give away at his work so I might have to help with that. I know Eric will be there as well.

In any case I've been thinking about some topics to discuss at the next meeting. Here are some that I've been thinking about. Well one of the newest things in the Star Wars universe being the Legacy comics. For those of you who dont know its the comics that are set 150 years after the battle of Yavin I believe we discussed it a bit last time but yeah I read them and was very pleased with them. I'll bring the guide that explains it to the meeting its really interesting IMO.

Also I just heard this, this might be old news to some of you but I dont think we've discussed it at a meeting. Anyway there is going to be a new TV show that is a spin off of BSG called Caprica. Basically its set 50 years before the events of the mini series and tells about the cylon creation and stuff. So that seems kinda interesting and we could discuss that.

So Rythmn and Booms is one idea if anyone else has one feel free to jump in see you all later.

Forcebewitya.

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    well Rythmn and Booms is fun, it will give me a reason to go early this time since none of the music guests look that good. If that doesn't work out we'll just meet Wednesday night or something

3. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Pick a time for the R&B Fireworks meeting and we can all meet at Brent's Dad's shop. Unless you think elsewhere is better.

Otherwise, I'm free most nights (except Tuesdays)in July.

4. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I useally get there about 2:00 so anytime after that would be good

5. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm scheduled to work at Gloria Jeans this Saturday so I need to figure out when I get off then I'll let you know when I can get there.

Forcebewitya.

6. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    ok then, well I'll be there at 2pm walking around

7. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    It's all up to you, Brent. As soon as I know when you can make it, I'll do my best to be there then.

I have a few other things to go to that day, but I think I can manage meeting up with everyone.

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    how does four sound to everyone? I'll just be at my dads shop and if you show up you show up if not we can set up a different meeting time.

Forcebewitya.

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Never made it over there, in fact I wasn't sure where it was.

10. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    We drove by at around 6pm (couldn't make it by 4pm) and found a madhouse. We just went home instead of parking. Found out that was the best thing, since R&B cancelled the fireworks for the night.

Sounds like we weren't the only ones to miss this meeting, though. That brings up the subject of when and where can we hold our next meeting?

As for when is BAD for me, that would be July 8th, 11th and the weekend of the 22nd.
    I am GOOD for any weeknight after 6pm, except Tuesdays.

As for where, I am thinking our usual (Borders) would be good. However, I think we need to make a topic, for our next meeting, to list all potential places for future meetings. That way we don't rack our brain each month.

I do like the restaurant idea for meeting places, but that seems to be one of the most difficult choices to plan for. Plus it calls for us spending some money, which we don't always have. There has to be places that I can't think of that others know.

So, let's get talking about this once again.

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    How bout next week, either the 12th, 13th, 14th thats a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. That weekend could even be good

12. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    The latter half of next week is good for me. Or the weekend.

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    So all we need is to hear from Rick and Brent

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Lets do the thursday one Tuesdays and Thursdays are the only days I have off pretty much.

Forcebewitya.

15. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'll see what I can do to show up. Looks like next week is when I'm getting our new person in, and I foresee some training happening.

Plus, I think I'm going to be playing a bit of catch-up from having this week off.

16. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Ok Thursday at 6 or 6:30

17. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    I will probably be at Borders on Thursday a little early, on account I want to pick up the Legecy 2 comic. Two actions with one swift stroke, I like it.

18. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'll be there at 6pm or before.

EDIT: Just FYI. I haven't seen POTC2 yet, so we may want to not get into that way too much. [face_shame_on_you]
    You can talk Superman all you want though. [face_batting]

19. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Sounds good, I really want to pick up Legacy 2 as well. I'm obsessed with these comics it seriously made me get into Star Wars again I was falling away for a bit but the new turn the galaxy has taken really interests me. We'll definitly have to talk about those. I saw POTC 2 today and I thought it was great I absolutely loved it but thats all I'll say. Cant wait to see you guys on thursday.

Forcebewitya.

20. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    See everyone on Thursday then, I'll be there about 6

21. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I had a great time at the meeting we had a lot of good discussion about Legacy, books, cons and what not. I look forward to seeing you all next month or perhaps sooner?

Forcebewitya.

22. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah maybe I'll see POTC: Dead Mans Chest before we meet again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.