Wash, DC July Meeting Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, just as we seemed to have finished with our last meeting here comes the next meeting. Please discuss here when and where you'd like to have the July meeting.

Currently for me I'm free the weekend of the 16th and the 30th. I'm in LA the weekend of the 23rd and of course shoreleave is next weekend.

How's the 16th sound or the 30th?
  2. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    the 16th is out for me because I will be attending my grandparents' 50th anniversary in Indiana that day. the 23rd I might be helping Valerie move, not sure what is going on with that. the 30th is my sister's birthday so basically I think I am out of the meeting this month...
  3. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ken and I are free Sunday the 17th (not the 16th) and Saturday the 30th - and of course, will be at Shore Leave as well.
  4. darkjedi022 Jedi Padawan

hey im kind of a newbie ..i mean i ve been a member for a long time but havent gone as much in a while...but what do you guys do at these meetings?
  5. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Do?!? You mean we're supposed to do something? Crap!

I'll be in Denver the weekend of the 16th. I'm free on the 23rd. On the 30th I'll be in New York, so looks like I'm out too.
  6. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    If you all would like to have the meeting on the 23rd, please entertain that idea. I would feel bad if everyone can make it on the 23rd and we didn't have it because of me. I'll be in LA, but if the rest want to have it on the 23rd, please go ahead. I'll just have to ask again for someone to take minutes.

7. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ken and I can't do the 23rd either. Some how we're up to exactly 1 free Saturday in July. But ditto - if that's best for everyone, then that's when it should be. No overthrowing the Senate though while we're gone!
  8. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I say just have one at Shore Leave but hey I'm not exactly a member now am I.... ;)
  9. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    I'd be fine with a shoreleave meeting, but I don't think that many of us will be there. I think Chas said he'd be there at 1am? or something like that. Who else is coming to Shoreleave, maybe we can have a casual meeting? (Us, a casual meeting? LOL)
  10. KnightThomas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I still need to friggin go to one in the first place. I've been posting here for a long time but haven't met any of you people *feels distant* lol.

Any time during the summer is fine with me since the girlfriend is working at camp for a long time. Oh except for the weekend of the 23rd, I'm going up to Ozzfest up in PA.
  11. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can make it either Saturday if you guys don't mind another 1pm meeting.
  12. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Are you refering to the show in Philly? Lucky SOB I wanted to see Rob Zombie!! :_|
  13. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok then, why don't we make the meeting the 30th, around 1pm so that Chas can come? I think that date seems to be the least busy for people.

Ok, where to have it, we have time to think about this one. Chas, what's convenient for you. (By the way, yucky schedule! Blah!)

14. PlayzOboe Jedi Knight

star 2
    Why are you going to be up in NY?? COME VISIT ME! LOL

Sarah
  15. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm only gonna be in NYC for a day. I'm gonna be there with my parents visiting my cousin and her new baby. Sorry :(
  16. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    What does everyone say to American Tap Room (ATR) at Reston Town Center? They have a pretty decent selection of American food there.
  17. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Sounds good to me. :) Anyone else?

18. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Fine with me - not that I know where it is or anything.
  19. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    So, are we still interested in a meeting? Give me a head count, and I'll see if the people at ATR can do a reservation and I'll give directions, etc.
  20. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
  21. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok, its Wednesday the 27th and we really need a head count for the 30th. I would suggest, at this point, that we skip the July meeting as it seems to be too much of a chaotic month and a lot of people are vacationing, etc, and just pick up the meeting in August. I'll start an August meeting planning thread soon.

What does everyone think? Eugenia? Chas? Eugenia channelling Ken?

22. OpieOneKenobi Jedi Knight

I concur....and....oh bye the way, Hi everybody!
  23. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I know me, Chrissy and Ken & Eugenia are all up for it if there's other interest, but if I don't hear any other real intent by the end of Thursday (somehow, an officers-only meeting kinda irks me), I'd be inclined to agree and have the meeting in August. Thus going back to our every-other-month meetings. (Come to think of it, I'vbe been getting a jonesing for some slacking).
  24. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    well, you know us. slacking is our specialty! ;)
  25. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent. Nice to know that things remain the same after my departure. Hehehehehe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.