main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA July Meeting! - Saturday July 26 - Batman @ Cinerama! Detail inside!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediFarfy, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey everyone! Last Saturday was SO FUN! Let's keep the momentum going!

Saturday July 26 is the last Saturday next month. I know I'll be available (staycation FTW!)! Anywho, some ideas I had for our next meeting:

- Batman The Dark Night will be @ the Cinerama! Heath Ledger! :_|

- Downtown Library for more shenanigans

Any other thoughts? I was hoping to keept it to a more centralized location like Downtown. The library last week was a one-time thing due to the easier-to-get-to libraries being full. This way we can all get there in just 1-2 buses and not have to worry about gas or parking (unless you choose to :p ).

JF

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I like Batman or maybe doing Toy Stable again. :)

3. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Seeing the Dark Night at Cinerama would be cool. Since I work for AMC, I can provide a free ticket if anyone is strapped for cash.

4. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm not the Batman type, but a movie sounds good, and 3 days after my birthday and the release of the Wicked Japanese Cast Recording, whoo!

What about other films? This is in Seattle, right? Hopefully I can catch a bus to the meeting place.

5. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok everyone. Minor issues with the meeting/movie Saturday.

First is it's also the SARLAAC meeting that night. Second is I can't go to that meeting and have to be home by 5:30 so I can pick my stepdad up from the airport. So, the only Cinerama (cause it's awesome) movie time would be the 10:45am showing. We could try another theater as well though. I know I could do the movie that early.

Thoughts?

JF

6. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    If I take public transit on Saturday, this would mean I'd have to get to the bus stop at 8:00am. I don't know if I'll be able to wake up early enough to make breakfast too. How long is this movie? I need to plan a departure time.

7. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    two and a half hours long I believe.

I would prefer cinerama and could get up early enough for it if everyone else wanted. If not, I am okie trying another theatre too. I'd just have to see it at the Cinerama SOME time. :p

The South Center AMC in the mall just opened. Want to try there?

8. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Well Pacific Place has the Dark Knight showing at 10, 11, and 12:55 on Sat. I know one of those showings is in our largest theatre we have there, I can check when which showtime when I go tomorrow.

9. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I like this option too. :D

10. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    I have myself and 2 - 3 others going to a showing at the cinerama this Sat (not sure of the time) Ive already seen it twice opening day at the Eastvalley 13... best comic film..best Batman.. the joker..BEST EVER, Heath did an amazing job and made the Joker the way he was ment to be.

11. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    So Det let me know about a special deal happening at the new Southcenter AMC. The first 100 in dressed as their favorite characters get 52 free movie tickets (1 free movie/week).

I think this would be awesome, not only because of the costume aspect (bond with those who don't think they're nerds!) but the theater is brand new so the seat will still be nice and the floor less sticky! Plus the movie plays every half an hour so we can get in at any time. What does everyone think about changing locations? If we do this, I'll need a ride, FYI.

JF

12. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ack! I don't know when you're going to reply again, but I can get directions to this location. I need a time so I can get there when the meetup starts (bus schedules). I'll try calling in the morning for updates XP

It appears that the bus transit time is 2 hours if I go at 8 am XP

13. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Don't worry, I think we'll stick to downtown. It's a bit harder to get to Southcenter, even though it would be cool (takes me an hour and a half by bus).

So, plan:

Cinerama @ 10:45 to see Batman!

Cinerama Website

PM me with any issues! I'll be up a bit tonight and on again tomorrow before I leave.

JF

14. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok, I'm guessing everyone has seen this and knows this is our meeting place! It's just the movie pretty much, but we can still discuss stuff that you might be concerned about.

Why don't we all meet up in the lobby about 10:30am? That'll give us all time to meet, grab food, and sit.

See ya there!

JF

15. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    The movie was amazing. :eek:

Sorry if we missed anyone, Sheridan and I went in 10 minutes after the meetup start when we didn't see anyone. Next time? :)

16. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    SO AWESOME.

Like Yvette said, we got there, waited, no one showed up so we sat.

This wasn't much of a meeting, and it really kinda wasn't going to be once we decided to see a movie. But, there's always next month! I'll start a thread for August in the next few days.

JF

17. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I got there at about 10:45 because of the bus schedule over here :/

I didn't see anyone, but I got to look around Seattle. Batmobile loses a wheel?

18. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Sorry we missed you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.