JULY meeting

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by jedi_master_sal, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's a great idea, it's nice and quite (remember the meeting at the North Park Lounge Clubhouse ;)), but we may be too loud and disturb the peace.

Also remember that there's no food there. :p ;)
  2. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I found out that the library is getting remolded for a year starting in August, soooo...

There are other libraries I'm sure.
  3. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Remolded?

Hmm... you'd think a library would want to avoid getting more mold, rather than applying a new layer on its own. Maybe it's to give the silverfish company...?

Could be,
    Yours Truly

P.S. 8-}
  4. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, you see, they used a cheaper type of mold the first time it was applied and it didn't last as long.
  6. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    that's a real shame, but then agaim libraries never have enough for the expensive mold...
  7. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

As posted by Stina-Cri...
    "that's a real shame, but then agaim libraries never have enough for the expensive mold..."

No kidding, though maybe if they enforced their late fees with extreme prejudice they could get more bucks in their coffers to afford some decent mold on this go-around.

Maybe I'll be a nice guy someday and stop over there and leave a loaf of bread on top of one of the shelves in the back, in a shadowy corner... (Almost guaranteed to provide them with some top-of-the line mold!)

I'm sure they'd appreciate that... [face_mischief]

Sold the mold cold from the hold,
    Yours Truly
  8. Heilo Jedi Padawan

Hey everybody, I've been silent for quite a while but I'm back. My job and school has occupied most of my time this summer, but I'm going to try to make it to the July meeting. Sorry to hear you won't be there Dan, but I'll see you soon enough. (insert evil laugh). Do I need to bring anything for the meeting?
  9. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok. I would like to try and make this meeting. Rob is on afternoons that day I believe, therefore, I must drive there, alone, with a 2 1/2 year old. BTW, is it ok to bring the Hannah banana? Or maybe Sal would be so kind as to let me follow him from the toys r us parking lot??? And what are the plans? Are we eating, or just hanging? I've never done this meeting thing before.

Tina
  10. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    We have the meeting eating is up to you most of us do . I't's kinda a tradition
  11. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    RebelDawn -- sure, bring the youngling! It is not unusual at all to have a youngling or two show up at these meetings (just ask the 1966's :) )

meetings usually run as follows:

People show up, gather food, mill around chatting until the meeting is called to order.

The agenda is passed out and gone over. This is the business section of the meeting. Occasionally boring, but necessary. Occasionally event planning is done here, Tresurary report given, any major club decisions, etc.

Meeting over, more socializing. sometimes we go someplace else, sometimes not. Depending on everyone's schedule and preferences.

:D
  12. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the replies, Metallijedi and Greencat. I hope I can get to make it this time. :)

Tina
  13. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    upping for anyone new or that might have forgot.
  14. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I will give some cash to Ben_Ethus to reimburse Allen's Mom for the Fan Film, but I will be busy this Sunday.
  15. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    How long do we think this meeting is going to go? I have run into timing problems. The earliest I could get out of work would be 1:30-2, plus travel time to get there. And while it would be nice to see everyone again, I'd rather not have to drive out there only to haveto drive right back again cause the meeting is over or I missed it completely. So, any thoughts?
  16. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

The last meeting lasted for a fairly significant piece of time, and since we're going to be nominating officers and whatnot, I have to imagine that this meeting will last a fairly decent span of time as well.

ZeroCool... If you started driving over roundabouts 1:30 - 2:00, I'd think you'd probably at least make it for half the meeting, if not more. (Unless it takes you like 5 hours to get there from where you're coming from that is... 8-})

That is all,
    Yours Truly

17. jangofett219 Jedi Knight

star 2
    What time will this meeting end?
  18. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm, hard to say. Starts at 2PM. Meetings can last anywhere from 2 hour or more, depending on how much chatting we do. There really isn't any set time and if you have to leave before the end, there is no harm. And as you've seen from the reaction to ZeroCool's post, if you are late, that's no big either. (except for officers of course ;) ) Everyone's just happy to see everyone else there!

:)

19. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't mean to be a bother, really. But I still haven't got a clue as to where this place is. Can anyone help me out? I can barely get around in Robinson and I've never driven anywhere else around Pittsburgh with the hubby.

I hope someone can help me out, a specific address for GG would help.

Tina
  20. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

RebelDawn... Here's a link to some directions for the goose that someone posted earlier...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=grey+goose&city=verona &state=pa&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

[Just copy/paste in a new Explorer window.]

But, here's some text-based directions from the New Republic website, too, to help you out.

DIRECTIONS TO THE GRAY GOOSE

FROM ROUTE 28 SOUTH:

TAKE THE HARMARVILLE EXIT
    TURN LEFT OFF OF THE EXIT
    GO THROUGH A COUPLE OF INTERSECTIONS. YOU WILL COME TO A LIGHTED INTERSECTION WITH AN EXXON GAS STATION ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AT THE LIGHT.
    **SEE CONTINUATION AT BOTTOM**

FROM ROUTE 28 NORTH:

MERGE INTO TRAFFIC
    GO THROUGH A COUPLE OF INTERSECTIONS. YOU WILL COME TO A LIGHTED INTERSECTION WITH AN EXXON GAS STATION ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AT THE LIGHT.

FROM TURNPIKE:
    GET OFF AT THE ALLEGHENY VALLEY EXIT (I BELIEVE EXIT #5)
    MERGE INTO TRAFFIC
    GO THROUGH A COUPLE OF INTERSECTIONS. YOU WILL COME TO A LIGHTED INTERSECTION WITH AN EXXON GAS STATION DIAGONALLY ON THE RIGHT (YOU WILL PASS IT - IT IS ON THE RIGHT) KEEP GOING STRAIGHT

YOU WILL PASS FUN FEST ON THE RIGHT
    GET INTO THE LEFT LANE
    THERE WILL BE THE HALTON BRIDGE
    YOU WILL GO STRIAGHT AT THE LIGHTED INTERSECTION BY EAT 'N PARK
    AT THE NEXT LIGHT MAKE A LEFT
    YOU WILL ACROSS A BRIDGE PASS A HIGH SCHOOL OVER RAILROAD TRACKS
    YOU WILL MAKE A RIGHT ONTO ALLEGHENY RIVER BLVD
    KEEP GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH APPROXIMATELY 3 STOP SIGNS
    GO STRAIGHT OVER A VIADUCT (THROUGH VERONA)
    YOU WILL COME TO A RED LIGHT WITH COGO'S ON THE RIGHT GO STRAIGHT, THE GRAY GOOSE IS JUST PAST THE LIGHT ON THE RIGHT SIDE IT IS A YELLOW BUILDING.
    IF YOU GO TO ANOTHER RED LIGHT = YOU WENT TOO FAR.

Between those two source, hopefully you can find the joint. If not, here's the place's phone number: 412 828 8898.

I couldn't find the exact address for it for some reason, though. Either on the net or in my local yellow pages. Kinda odd.

That'd be cool if you can make it.

See you guys tomorrow (some tonite, actually),
    Yours Truly
  21. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, Ben for replying to me and being of some help to poor lost me. I've printed out maps, directions and the phone number. Now I just have to decide if I brave enough to try to actually drive it. If I come I probably won't get there until a little after 2:30 tho.

Feeling a bit nervous about the drive,

Yours truly,

Tina ;)

Edit: I guess the reason I have such a hard time with directions is that they always are given from pittsburgh and I don't know pittsburgh. I think ppl tend to forget I have to drive from Steubenville.

Oh well, hopefully I'll feel up to the adventure, lol.
  22. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    ARG! i missed it again! sorry! we were cleaning ALL day...then i was cleaning my room, found my amidala costume and put it on and relized i forgot! i am so sorry!
  23. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't feel bad, jedigirl. Time got away from me that day too. I actually got up the nerve to drive there. Got to cleaning my daughters room (taking advantage of her not being here to stop me from getting rid of things) and I didn't take notice of the time until 2:30. Oh well, such is life I guess :(

Tina
  24. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  25. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    As far as I could tell, the meeting seemed to go pretty well. It was a short meeting too. I'm not sure if GC is gonna post her usual all inclusive meeting minutes or not, but that's where you'll probably get more specific info if that's what your looking for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.