main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL July meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediScout, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Well since we didnt get a room last time, I was thinking we need to pick a date and see about getting a room set up.

Im open for any date after the July 4th weekend.

Now what about everyone else?

Dale

2. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, I might be able to go...depends. I definitely can't go the July 17th weekend, college preview.

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I really think you're making too big a deal about this whole education thing, Stefanie. But, since it's such a short while till you disappear into the ether, what say we look at the previous weekend? Saturday the 10th is there, and Mike mentioned that it might be significantly easier for him to take off a Sunday, so that'd be the... the um... 11th.

4. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I know I can't officially Ia-fy the date, but I move to set the meeting date as this Sunday, the 11th. Is anyone up for it? It's very short notice, and likely isn't available at the library, and I'm not sure I can get the day off, but doggone it, it's our (most of us) last chance at sending off our college gal, Stefanie. -Campbell

5. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Eh, bad news... Stefanie and I are attending the gun show I told you about in the Evanescence post on that day. =(

What about the day before, that Saturday? Or are you busy on that particular day?

We'll work something out.

Brandon

6. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Saturday, I can make it. Who else can make it? Ia, Aaron, Susan? I think Dale is still in Vegas, wonder if he can go...
    If we can't do Saturday or Sunday maybe we can try to do something like Weds. or Thursday after 5:30-6pm. Like the crazy fan force dinner. Ha.
    OR Maybe attempt the midnight bowling?
    What does everyone else think.
    Melanie

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I've requested Saturday off, but my resort's full so I can't remotely commit to anything that day. If it's a bit earlier (like 11am) I could meet for a couple of hours like last time. An evening thing on Wed or Thu of this week would be great for me if anyone's available. Those days next week is probable, too.

8. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    just so you guys know, the reason we did not have a room for the last meeting is because we made a last minute change to it. Just wanted to let you guys know

also, the only free night aaron and I have are thursdays,

mayeb dinner again would be good.

9. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Busy on Saturday too, gotta move some stuff to my dad's new place...

I personally think if we have a meeting this month, it should be towards the end of the month, cuz it seems everyone's pretty busy.

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Later or whatever. Sounds fine if somebody wants to work something out. Stefanie, are there any weekend days this month you are free?

And if anyone wants to get together on Thursday night (like 40 hrs from now) let me or Melanie (the only person has access to my cellphoneless hermitage) know. -Campbell

11. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Just a suggestion but how about a cook out over here? Campbell can show his collection upstairs, Dale doesn't live too far (could you make an appearance D-man), Susan's game. Grill out, swim in the pool and Universal's fireworks can be seen from here if you look right.
    How about that?

Melanie

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Campbell's place might not be in the shape it ought to be for proper display, but for brief guided viewings, sure. I'm very up for a small wingding with a possible small bowling outing for those with less need for sleep.

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks for the hospitality, Melanie. A good time was had by all that attended, and most that'll read this were missed.

Since there was minor talk, by me, of a meeting today, is there anyone that has any time or interest in any sort of outing today? The king of never having Saturday off, has today off because I requested it at the same time I suggested this date here. Karma's toying with me. -Campbell

14. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I've got to close tonight to cover a coworker's absence, so I'm out. I'm beginning to think working 40+ hours a week and taking the condensed summer semester at college was a mistake. *sigh* Just another few weeks . . . .

L8r

15. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    While I'm a mess (not shaved or anything), I could probably do something today, I'd prefer this evening, but nothing too late (gun show tomorrow!) However, I'd be up for something. Everyone that needs my phone number has it, so feel free to call me.

As of this moment, I'm off to finally "shower and get dressed" for the day.

See you later... maybe.

Brandon

16. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Most were missed? Come on, Cambell, be honest!

:p

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Madness, I'll not be dragged into your web of infighting. :) Thanks to Melanie's hospitality, we've actually now had 2 small OS gatherings in the last week. Well done, Ms. R.

18. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    After reading other forums, we could always see how it goes if we, for a test, dump the noon time meetings and try for something in the evening on a Saturday, like dinner and then whatever. Around 5:30pm - 6:30pm start time or something.

Or not.

Maybe.

Possibly.

We could if we wanted.

Or we couldn't.

It's so hard to come to terms with things.

Meetings are a complicated issue.

Brandon

19. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    From now until mid-September I'll be mostly down for the count in terms of weekend attendance. I'm taking a SCUBA course (with Melanie) on Wednesdays and Thursdays, which will necessarily be my "weekends" for 6 weeks. So I won't be in the planning of normal meetings, but late-night bowling or 11am lunches are do-able most days for me. -Campbell

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Ia,
    Bantha Tracks online at TOS wants to know about meetings and special events of Fan Groups. If we happen to have anything set up for August by 26 July, we should let them know that we're out here. It'd be nice to make an impact in the official realm, and we might pull in more local fans. BT online will be updated every two weeks. The address for any submission is banthatracks@starwars.com, and here's the announcement:
    http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/banthaonline/f20040715/indexp5.html

Also, Minacia, might need a note to remove the June Meeting forum announcement. -Campbell

21. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Are we still in June?

Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.