main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI July meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Hello everyone, I decided to get a head start on July since its coming up soon already. Its hard to believe its dawning upon us...but it is. So I just thought I would through some ideas out there see what you guys think, not too sure about dates yet, and it seems to work better when I leave that to someone else lol. Here are some ideas that I had.

Bowling-there's a bowling alley right by east towne that we could go to. I dont know if you guys would be up for it or if you like it but I think it would be fun.

a park of some kind- I know we tried last time sort of, I do know a great place on Reiner Rd. that has a nice gazebo thing with tables, a lot of people hold family reunions there...and there is a great playground for Megan if Kelly wanted to come with her Rick.

Borders-that was really nice, I would be totally fine with that, it was quite and no one bothered us. Plus we can buy stuff :D

Rythmn and Booms- well being in July this would be a one time thing obviously. I have no idea when it is and I might be gone for a week coming up at the end of this month through the fourth. But its worth a shot if someone knows when it is. And my Dad's Barber Shop is just across the street from Warner park so we could use a clean bathroom and chill off there if its hot.

Thats about all I can think of...So we have time to discuss its not even July yet, but after a successful June meeting I thought I would keep it going by starting this thread.

Forcebewitya!

Brent

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Rythmn and Booms is July 2nd A Bunch of us could get together for it. Meet at the bus pick up at MATC or even there if we wanted too

3. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    hmm yeah that might be a problem for me I just dont know yet. I'll keep you posted and I should know soon.

Forcebewitya!

4. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'll likely be there anyway if anyone wants to get together.

5. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I would be for any park with shade and seating (even though I could bring my own seating). The playground would be ideal, if there was one.

I would also be up for Borders again. Maybe we could find a lounge type area that isn't used. I didn't mind sitting at the tables though. Plus, buying stuff can be fun too.[face_laugh]

Bowling usually gets messed up by leagues taking all the lanes, unless we go at an odd time. I do like to bowl, but I usually find it hard to find an open lane when I want to bowl.

Rythmn and Booms could be nice. Alot depends on weather and bug saturation before I take Megan out to that. We are hoping to go to that this year. The past years have been a bit difficult for us to go, since we have always had something else going on the weekend it's scheduled. I think this is the first time we don't... so far.

So, thats my thoughts.
    The order of my preferences are: Park, Borders, Rythmn & Booms, Bowling.

The first weekend is Rythmn & Booms. I'm busy the weekend after that.
    So, it's up to you guys to figure out the rest. If we do go to Borders, we could have an evening meeting (anytime after 4 or 5pm) during the week. I don't know when they close. I figure around 8 or 9pm.

OK... When?:confused:

6. Master_Arca

Master_Arca Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I would go for Rythmn & Booms, because its like a religious event for me (I like fire, A LOT). So I'll be somewhere near the park anyways. The heat shouldn't be too bad if we find shade, and since I live near a lake the bugs are hardly even out yet :D .

Borders was good, an even better idea might be going to Barnes & Noble because they have a bigger lounge area (I think).

Bowling would be cool, but we might be limited by time becuase of leagues.

Another place we could go is the Monona Library, they have some really nice conference rooms that you can be quite loud in (LOL). And nearby there is a really really big park with a playground and aquatic center. So thats always an option.

Any weekend in July is good for me so, whenever.

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well here's what I think, whoever decides to go to rythmn and booms can go to rythmn and booms and we can all sit together since it wont really be much of a meeting anyway. And then we can have an official meeting later in the month. I think thats probably the best way to do it. Rick sounds like he wants to meet at the park for me either borders or the park works. I have no preference so how about the rest of you?

Forcebewitya!

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    doesn't matter to much to me, a Park or Boarders are great. I'll likely be at the Fireworls show Saturday so if anyone wants to meet let me know so I can keep an eye out. Or pick a place to meet, Which will likely be around one of the music stages like Triple M's or maybe the Oldies stage.

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I will be there with some of my friends probably I'll try to find you guys.

Forcebewitya!

10. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'll keep an eye open then

11. Master_Arca

Apr 28, 2005
    I guess I'm gonna be watchin the fireworks with my family from our boat, so yeah. Any other weekend or evening is good for me.

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    oh well
    I'll still be around, though from the looks of it It will likely be the oldies stage

13. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I still have no definite plans for this Saturday, but we need to focus on the actual meeting here.

I have part of next weekend all booked up (possibly the whole weekend). So anytime after the 11th is fine by me. I just need to know where and when.

My best guess as what is best for us is: Borders on July 16th at 1pm (or later so we have time to have lunch before showing up). I know Brent might be working that day and can't get off until later, so we can work around that, as well.

That is just a guess. It's definitely not a solid date or time. You guys need to agree with it and set an actual time, or come up with something else... or we could just let July slide by (not my idea of fun).

So let's go, people!

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I dont know my schedule for July 16th but I do know that there is a note on the board that says "No off requests for July 16th" so...that might not be so good. But we'll see if we plan far enough in advance I can ask off and not have to worry about work at all. But just not July 16th. If you are going to Rythmn and Booms call my cell to find where I'm sitting. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Forcebewitya!

Brent

15. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    I knew it, somehow.
    But try to give an alternate date. Maybe the 17th or the following weekend. How about during the week, in the evenings? Come on people... give something.

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    any other date around that time will work. The seventeenth is fine.

Forcebewitya!

17. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    The 17th is fine for me. I don't forsee any problems though that can always change

As for Tomorrow, I no longer have a cell phone for the time being, I need to buy some minutes for it, so I'll just keep an eye out for you, like I said I'll be arounf the midway and the music stages for most of the day

18. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    The 16th or 17th is okay with me. That is the Borders near East Towne Mall again, correct?

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Yeah, the other one is a bit out of the way for a few of us.

20. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    And the other one isn't out of the way for a few of us? ;)

21. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    for you anyway :p

22. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, the 17th at Borders on the east side. What time???:confused:

I just know I won't be showing up there when they open the doors, though it would be interesting to have it all to ourselves, with the exception of the employees and a few odd customers perhaps.:cool:

I vote for 3pm again, unless everyone is available earlier than that. Just don't make it noon. 1pm at the earliest I would think, unless someone wants to buy lunch for us.[face_laugh] No, not me.:p

23. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Uhhh, gotta remember that Valerie lives on the west side too. :D

The 17th at 3pm sounds good, Rick.

24. Master_Arca

Apr 28, 2005
    It doesn't matter when, because I finally got my license, so I will drive anywhere (with MapQuest that is). But the 17th at 3pm works great for me.

25. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    That will work I am pretty sure, I shall see you all there then.

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.