main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I thought I'd go ahead and get this started. It was nice getting last month's meeting planned early, so I figured we'd try again. Start thinking about when you are or aren't available in July and what you'd like to do and post it! Then we'll come up with a plan!

2. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Well, I went back to the doctor Wednesday and they did some x-rays and I actually got to see them for the first time. My leg was fractured all the way across the bone up near the top of the femur. I couldn't believe it myself. Never realized it was that bad. But he showed me some white spots around the bone where it was broken and said it looked like bone formation. So that's a good sign that it's healing. However, he said it would probably be 3 months or so before it completely heals. I hope you guys will understand if I miss the next couple of meetings. Trust me, I'm dying to get out of the house and go somewhere! As soon as I'm well enough to drive I'll let ya'll know. If nothing else I can at least get in my wheelchair and go to a movie with ya.

3. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I'm sure we're all glad that you're doing better rather than worry about you missing a couple of meetings. After the 3rd I am on vacation for 2 weeks, so as long as I know something ahead of time I can do it anytime basicly. I have plans to do some major major cleaning and stuff on my house. Wanna try and get my car fixed up too. As for the meeting, whatever you guys wanna do is fine with me. Around the 4th I am not sure about, I'm trying to get a cookout set up with some friends. Whatever is alright.

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Hey Kevin, if you can't come to the meeting, maybe the meeting can come to you. If your parents don't mind. I could come early and set things up. Maybe Dalton could bring his X-box and we could play some Star Wars, or watch a movie, or just hang out...

Anyways, let me know if this is an option. Like I said, I can come over early to set up.

We miss you brother!

Kevin H.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, if that's something you'd be interested in, let us know. I have no problem loading up the Xbox for a little gaming. You all might have to suggest some games though as I have nothing too recent. But I could always hit up Blockbuster for some rentals.

6. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    I hadn't thought of that. If you guys don't mind coming all the way out here, that sounds cool to me. Let me talk to my mom about it. I'll let ya know something soon.

7. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    I have a ps2 as well and star wars battlefront. that would be cool.

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Where are we at on this? Kevin, is your mom cool with a bunch of us hoodlums coming over or do we need to look at setting something else up? I can bring an X-box or Robby with the PS2 is great also. Battlefront is great!

Here is my availability (or lack there of) for July.

9. July 2-3 - Probably too late for this anyway.

10. July 9-10 - Still available either day, so far.

11. July 16-17 - Unavailable.

12. July 23-24 - Have a niece and sister with birthdays that weekend, nothing planned yet, but I know her and something will be. If we plan something for it soon, I can claim either day before my sister claims one for me, though it would need to be a short evening type of activity for me due to my wife being on nights.

13. July 30-31 - Daughter's birthday on 30th, but probably available on 31st.
  15. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Sorry, I'm workin' on it. I don't think she will mind but I kinda need to know what weekend to tell her just in case. She might have plans or something that I don't know about. They're out of town this weekend for the 4th, I know that much.

On a side note, I never did pay you guys back for the Christmas thing, the gifts ya'll got together and everything. I haven't forgotten. If she is available at or before the meeting I might just get my mom to cook something for all of us so you won't have to worry about food. In any case I still want to give you a little money anyway.

16. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Mmmmmm . . . the possibility of home cooking? =P~ Sweet!

Anyway, my availability is up in this thread. I hope everyone can make it!

17. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I can't make it until the Weekend after the 16th and 17th. We are packing and then moving to our new house that weekend. So if any of you are free, especially the 16th, would love having help moving furniture :).

Kevin H

18. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    well my vacation is first half of july. After that i can only do sundays.

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So is there a preference for the 24th or 31st? I kind of prefer the 31st because it would be a bit more flexible for me in scheduling, but I could do the 24th as long as it was an evening thing, though I couldn't stay too long. Post your preferences and then Kevin can clear it at the homestead.

20. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    anything is fine as long as I have some kind of notice cause I usually goto my parents house on Sundays and I wanna let them know.

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    How does July 31st sound to you all? KG, do you think this date will be good for you? Check things out at home and let us know what you think and we'll go ahead and set something up.

22. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 31st, 331st, 31st, 31st, 31st

Yeah, the 31st is good for me. Kevin G. let us know if this is cool with the fam. If not, we can still meet that day just somewhere else.

Kevin H.

23. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    April and I are planning on being there. I am not sure about Mike tho, as I believe he has already left for basic training for the Army. He'll probabaly be able to hang with us on any breaks he gets once basic training is over and he is in the Army.

24. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, the 31st sounds good.

How's this for a backup plan if KG's place doesn't work out - 5pm at Barnes & Nobles? I can bring bio sheets to fill out for the website. If anybody's particularly hungry, there's a couple of places to eat in that shopping center.

25. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    alright by us, and yes, theres lots of good places to eat around there *coughGrandChinaBuffetcough*

26. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Why don't ya'll go ahead and go for Barnes & Nobles then. Things have been kinda hectic around here lately. My mom's been really stressed out over a lot of things and my grandad has been in the hospital this past week. He hasn't been feeling well lately and my mom is doing her best to take care of him and my grandmother too. She rarely has time to do anything around the house, including cleaning the place up. We'll try again next month. Hopefully things will have calmed down a bit. Maybe I will be well enough so I can get out and meet you guys somewhere. I really hope so. [face_praying]

27. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    we hope you and your family all the best. I hope to see you at the meeting if we decide on B&N fully. B&N is fine with Lt_Cm_Data and I.

28. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    If I hear no objections, I'll get our meeting posted for July 31 @ 5pm at Barnes & Nobles.

29. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    5pm Barnes&Noble, be there or be square, hahahahaha

30. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    did we figure out if we were gonna eat out or not?

31. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    We can if you want. I'm open for whatever. I may not eat, but I'll go and socialize if anyone wants to hit a place at the shopping center. I have dinner plans later this evening after the meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.