main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio July Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Date: July 11, 2006

I think that's about all we have decided for our July meeting. Let's get some discussion going as for a time and place.

Recent meeting places:
    Max & Erma's (Maumee)
    IHOP (Perrysburg)
    Cracker Barrel (Perrysburg)

Likely topics:
    Celebration IV!
    COSI

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    My wife and I were chatting about this a few days ago and for some reason I can't remember we can't make July 11. We'd love to go, so any chance of choosing a different night? I expect a lot of people might be off on holidays and all of that too so it might be hard finding a night everyone can agree on.

3. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    We could certainly play with the date some more. One advantage that we have of planning out ahead this far.

4. colorscheme

colorscheme Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    Hello! I'm a relatively new member who hasn't attended a meeting yet. I'll return here in the coming weeks to find out when and where the July meeting will be.

5. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    Let me say welcome to are little group here. It nice to meet another fan. When ever works for me i just keep checking to see.

6. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    July 11th is a bit early for me as well, as I'll just be getting back from a vacation. The 18th is ok I guess if we're fixed on Tuesdays, or Friday the 14th or Thursday the 13th is fine if we can do something other than a Tuesday. I thought Max and Erma's worked well, but I'd even be willing to host a cookout since I live in Maumee about 5 minutes from Max and Ermas. That would allow us a little opportunity to play some trivia or other stuff that we wouldn't be as willing to do at a restaurant. I haven't made it to COSI yet, so I'm looking forward to hearing about it and I definitely want to chat about Celebration IV. We could also have a little book exchange if people wanted to trade around some of the books we've read to those who haven't, etc.

7. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Sounds good to me.

8. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I think the idea was to just plan to meet the first Tuesday of every other month so that we could all have an idea of when future meetings would be. Since we're already not having this on the first Tuesday, I personally don't see why we can't be creative as to when we hold it.

9. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    The Tuesday is like the second-to-last day before my parents move to Florida. So we will be spending time with them that Tuesday.
    Unfortunately, I am also on call that weekend and would not be able to make a Thurs, Friday, Sat, or Sunday meeting (have to work all those nights).
    That week and weekend are just bad for us.

10. Commander_Lowe

Commander_Lowe Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    I don't think I can either. Sorry if you don't remember me; but, I was sort of active when I was new here. I'm like the youngest out of the group so a good chance I can't make it to the meeting.

11. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Hopefully you can get your parents to bring to one of these meeting i know you have a lot of fun.

12. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, how about jumping to the first Tuesday in August then?

13. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    It sounds like that might be the best option. Sounds like alot of people are busy in July.

The first Tuesday in August is the 1st.

14. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    I might be able to make it if I can get my dad or someone to give me a ride since my licnese is suspended still :(

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    While the probability of either working for me is not great, an early August meeting would be more likely than a July meeting

16. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Sounds good to me. Hopefully there might be a bigger group this way.

17. highmidichlorian

May 14, 2005
    How does Tuesday, August 8th sound? We could do another meeting at Max and Erma's, or if the weather's supposed to be nice I could host a small cookout and then have some Star Wars trivia out and stuff, maybe a book swap for those who want to borrow some of the other novels/comics, etc.

18. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Hmmm, a cookout and Star Wars trivia sounds awfully tempting...

19. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    August sounds really good to me, since the rest of my July is totally booked.

20. phantom_panther

phantom_panther Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2005
    hey all, been a while, If that Aug. date is solid I'll try to be there.

21. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Have to work Aug 1st.
    But Aug 8th works for Moffy and myself :D

22. highmidichlorian

May 14, 2005
    Well, the 8th is still OK for me and I'll still volunteer for the cookout option. If anybody brings some side thing or something I wouldn't argue with that. I'll be working a pretty full day on the 8th and won't be able to make a whole bunch of stuff in advance. I'll definitely get the grill going and have stuff to cook on it and drinks, corn, whatever. My kids I'm sure will be wandering around with lightsabers hacking away at everyone. As folks decide whether they can come, just post an RSVP of some sort so I can get a rough headcount.

23. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Can you give us some directions? Once we have those we can get an "August Meeting/Cookout" thread going. In fact, feel free to create it yourself if you'd like.

Thanks.

24. phantom_panther

phantom_panther Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2005
    Himediclorine, couold you post a list of things you think the rest of us could help out with please. That is if we are going to go through with the cookout idea.

25. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I can bring something just let me know what. The 8th sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.