main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI July Meeting!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok so whats everyone doing in July? I figure we might as well start this now. Also I think it would be cool to do something before then too. I am going to be gone this coming weekend (15th), and the weekend of the 28th I'm going to be at Wizard World. but maybe we could just hang out some Friday or Saturday night?

Forcebewitya.

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I was thinking of having another cookout, either in July or early August. On the 12th we are having Megan's birthday party, so the cookout won't be that weekend. I'll post more about it when I figure out what date works for us and hope you guys can come too.

I do like the idea of going to a movie or something. Seems like a lot of things are coming up this summer. Even in June, but this coming weekend and the one afterward I won't be around.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I know alot of us want to see The Dark Knight so we could get together and see that.

July sounds like a tough month so far for getting together for a cookout.

4. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I don't forsee any trouble with a cookout happening in July. At least not for me. :p

However, there should be a meeting of some sort, if attending a cookout isn't in the books.

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Well the 12th and the weekend of Wizard world out it makes things limited

6. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Drawing on the theme that Ryan mentioned, if anyone is interested in getting a group together to see the new Hellboy film, I would be up for it. I saw a trailer for it on tv, and liked it.

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Actually Wizard World is in June so that shouldnt be a problem.

Forcebewitya.

8. AilesArgentees

AilesArgentees Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2006
    I'm all for a cookout. I had a lot of fun at the last one. If that doesn't happen, when and where would we meet? I think Borders East is next in the rotation.

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, here's the skinny. We're gonna have a cookout at my place on the 19th of July between 11am to whenever (the girls go to bed around 9-10PM but I stay up much later).
    If you want to bring something, that's great. If not, that's fine too. If you do, just let me know by the weekend before the 19th.
    Games are always welcome. Everyone loved the Wii fun.
    I was thinking that this could also be a camp-out as well. Bring a tent or use ours. I bring this option up, so if people don't want to make the drive late at night.

Now I know that the cookout may not be the official July meeting, so continue on with the discussion, please.

I will be unavailable on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th and 12th. And of course, the 19th. So if you want me to attend, keep that in mind.

Thanks

10. AilesArgentees

Dec 1, 2006
    Ben and I will definetly be there for the cookout and I'll make another cake as well. Not sure about the camp out, but we'll let you know what we decide there.

Last year's cookout was a blast. I can't wait for this one!

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Bevan and I are there :) [for both the cookout and campout :)] As for food, I could bring my pasta salad or let me know and I can bring something else instead :p

[face_dancing]

As for meeting dates - I'm pretty much out any weekday night as I have rehearsals from 5:30 to 7:30 up until the 24th. I'm playing a few parts in a play that will have 4 shows.
    Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon show dates:
    Thursday, July 24th, 7pm
    Saturday, July 25th, 2pm
    Saturday, July 25th, 7pm
    Sunday, July 26th, 2pm
    So if you'd like a good laugh at several Fairy Tales or just want to laugh at me :p I can keep you updated on show details.

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    The 19th is a possibility. I took that day off today actually and the 20th. I'm considering going to MI to visit Lexi on those days but I also have a severe lack of funds so that might not happen. And if I dont end up going I will definitely be in for the cookout and probably the campout as well.

Forcebewitya.

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    If I could get there I'd be up for it, but I don't think I could do a camp out

14. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    What Ryan said also applies to me.

15. Kichigai_Daidoji

Kichigai_Daidoji Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2007
    I am still here sorry for not being around.
    Rebeca and I are really busy with the wedding coming up on july 12th (almost here ... YIKES!!!)
    Also was spending weekends in Milw. looking for places to live.
    But now the move has been pushed back to Jan. which is a relief planning a wedding and a move (household and job) was a nightmare.
    So hopefully will be around for an August meeting.

Oh and I finally got a new computer, so thats great too.
    Was tired of all the jury-rigged workarounds and such that were keeping the old one firing so i got me a new one and boy is it purty.
    Works great too.
    Been playing Mass Effect in my spare time (what little there is) wouldnt have been able to run that on my old one.
    I recommend it.

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Just to update everyone on the cookout, there will be more than us coming to it. It's pretty much a full-blown shindig with an estimated 20-30 people coming. With that said, if we ant to call this our July meeting, there is plenty of places here to hold a formal meeting. If we don't want a formal meeting, then that's cool too. However, if we don't want to call this the July meeting, due to the "extra" people showing up, we can still meet a different time and place.

Lemonade, ice tea, cherry drink, meat, potato salad and pasta salad (sorry Nat) will be supplied, as far as food and drink goes. We will probably need things like chips, dips, veggies and other snack stuff. If you want to drink something other than mentioned (alcohol related), please bring it because neither my girls nor I drink the stuff (usually).

Oh, and if someone has extra chairs to bring, that would be helpful. I have maybe a total of about 20 chairs of various types and a picnic table (not counting the basement bench seats), so I would guess all I would need are about 6-10 more, maybe.

Now I guess we need to know if anyone can supply rides for those without transport. The most important is the return trip, because both Ryan and Valerie have mentioned not staying to camp out. If someone could help setup pick-up and drop-off points for them, that would be great.

I also need to know if anyone is planning to bring a tent to pitch. I'll have mine up and it sleeps 6, if I remember right.

If anyone has questions for me that you don't want to post, you can either PM me or call me at (608) 213-6673.

I hope this post helps you guys.

AND....

An early congrats to Rebecca & Paul. You are still welcome to stop by if you have the time. Call me if you don't remember how to get here.

17. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I should be able to make it that day now. I cant afford a trip out to MI with gas the way it is :( but I cant wait for the cookout!

Forcebewitya.

18. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    we could always have a formal meeting the day before at Boarders east and the cook out on Saturday.
    that way we could discuss some aspects of the cook out such as getting there and etc.

19. Unit-Zero

Unit-Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2004
    We'll be at the cookout and probably will bring a tent too. Only thing is that the company has their picnic that same day, so we might be late and/or full. :p

Oh and I'm bringing my Wii, of course.

20. AilesArgentees

Dec 1, 2006
    Ben and I will definetly be there for the cook out and the camp out as well. We'll bring our tent and I will still make a cake if you would like.

If any one wants, I may be able to bring the PS2 and a bunch of DDR games.

21. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'm all for a meeting before that Saturday, but I'll be busy Friday getting things ready for Saturday. If you want to have it before Friday, I'd be able to show up.

I know you guys will show up... those who said so. I'm not sure on the count for the others who were invited though. I'm guessing most will show up. Just not sure when during that day. I'm just thinking out loud, so don't worry about anything.

Cake would be fine, if you like. No one else mentioned anything about bringing dessert. I think a friend of mine might bring some brownies, but not sure.
    If no one brings veggies, I'll have to run to the store to get some, along with some dip for them.

Can you tell that I'm excited? LOL

22. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Have some fun for me!

23. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    You will be missed Jon.

Does everyone, who are coming, know how to get here? Just message me for directions.

Let me know if you are planning to bring something. Since some of you are camping out, maybe something for breakfast the next morning would be good to bring? Just a thought.

24. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    any day this week that would work for anyone?

25. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey Rick, I was wondering what you wanted people to bring. I was thinking I could bring some of this really good watermelon? would that work out. Also I'm going to need your address so I can mapquest it, its been awhile lol.

Forcebewitya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.