main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI July Meeting!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Fruit, veggies, chips, dips, or other snack type foods. So, yeah, watermelon would be good.

I'll PM you directions so you don't have to Mapquest me.

2. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Almost forgot...

If you wish to drink soda or something other than lemonade or ice tea, be sure to bring it.

For those camping out, you may want something for breakfast. Just a thought.

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Bevan and I will be bringing chips and dip with us when we eventually get over that way.

As for breakfast, I'm more than willing to bring some things for a nice hot breakfast (and help cook it in the morning).

4. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, Here is what is being offered so far:

brats, burgers and hot dogs
    pasta salad
    potato salad
    watermelon
    chips
    dips
    cake
    cinnamon rolls (breakfast)

We'll be getting some veggies to cut up and have for dipping and for on the brats, burgers and hot dogs.

Are we missing anything else?

What about those who need rides? Has anyone addressed that issue?
    I'd love to pick people up and take them home, but I might be a bit on the busy side to do that.
    How many need rides and when would you be available to accept the ride?
    If people are willing to help out, I'd appreciate it.
    Also,depending on the answers to the above questions, I might be able to swing some help to those in need.

Try to reply back soon as possible!

<EDIT>
    I just looked at the forecast for Saturday and it looks horrible. I'll still be grilling (even if I have to do it in the garage), but it's up to you guys to decide on the camping out thing.

5. AilesArgentees

AilesArgentees Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2006
    We are bringing our tent, whether we put it up or not is still in question. If not, do you mind if we camp out on the couch and floor in the living room? :p

6. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Man I'm sorry guys, I was planning on coming out but I slept through my alarm clock. I went to the Dark Knight at Midnight last night and then had to work at 5 am that morning so I was up straight through the night until 12 o clock this morning. So yeah needless to say my body decided I needed sleep more then to have fun with you guys :( maybe next time hope you all had fun! Oh and if you havent seen Batman yet DO IT! Best movie I've seen in A LONG TIME!

Forcebewitya.

7. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm not likely to be coming my knee is killing me, so I'm going to use the weekend to keep off it. Hopefully we can have a get together next week or so.

8. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Brent, it hasn't happened yet. The cookout is today, Saturday. You can still make it if you like.

Sorry about your knee Ryan. I hope it feels better soon.

As for our floor and sofa, you'd have to ask Kelly. The indoors is more her domain and it'd be up to her. I'm sure we'll fugure something out.

9. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    thanks, its a little better now I just wish I knew what I did to it.

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Thanks for the yummy food Rick!

We had a blast :)

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I had a great time! Sorry that more people couldn't come.

I do wish that the weather was not as hot and humid and that the mosquitoes went elsewhere for their feast. Sorry that everyone had to put up with that. I'll just have to have my cookouts during the cooler months.

Thanks to everyone who was able to come.

12. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    This is the second year I've missed Rick's famous cookout. By dog, next time, I will be there, even if I have to cab it from the West Side!! :)

13. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    ah I feel dumb lol I thought it was Friday and I missed it and then I missed the real thing on Saturday because I had to work. We gotta hang out again soon though so I can see you all!

Forcebewitya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.