main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA July Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pugglethelesser, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I had suggested this to Celeste but, I thought that I would throw this out to the whoile group. NEWJEDIORDER.org .
    They are a lightsaber enthusiast group. They get together every Friday at a dance studio in North Philly. They perform at cons and the like. I've been going down to Philly for about a year or so. Sometimes I teach, sometimes I just participate. Either way it's always fun.
    The only equipment you need is yourself.
    I realize it's a haul, so we usually carpool. The trip goes faster and it cuts down on the expense.

2. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Would anyone be interested in this on Friday the 17th ? If not, no biggy. Just wanted to know because a few other friends of mine might want to go tomorrow night. If the group is interested I'll push it until next Friday.

3. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I could probably meet on the 31st. That would give ppl enough time to plan ahead. If not, maybe we could just get together locally, like the old times.. maybe even a good old Group Chat Meeting :D

4. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Even if you're not interested in this, do me a favor and respond just so I know whether to pursue this any further as a group activity.

5. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Ok, I'll take this as not interested.....lol

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Ah! Sorry! I meant to reply earlier... :oops:

I am interested in making it down, since it's something I'm definitely interested in. I can't do anything though until the 2nd week of August, because I'm in a play and I have performances on Friday nights.

Some questions though- Does it cost anything to go? Do they provide lightsabers to use there? Are we alllowed to bring our own?

Thanks! :)

~Celeste

7. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    It doesn't cost any money for class, although we sometimes go out for food after class. Carpooling cuts down on the fuel costs. We try and make it so that we can go there and back and keep our expenses under $20.
    Bring your own lightsaber if you want to. If you don't have one. I'm sure we can borrow one. If that doesn't work, my friend Charles and I use something called "boffers". It's a piece of heavy duty PVC covered in foam, and colored duct tape. They work very well.
    Either way, it's alot of fun.

8. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm going to create a Monthly Meeting Thread to have this carried over to... [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.