London, ON July Meetings

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    alright alright moving on. I know of many jedi that have struck out of vengence but their masters forgave them for their actions but always kept an eye on them.

So for the academy and the imperial center who'll be doing what? I know that there are only 2 jedi (Janet and myself) and the rest of you are all imperials. I was thinking that Janet could teach them single bladed styles and I could teach two swords and lightsaber construction. It could be a great way great way for us to get a little bit of extra funds and teach them about saber construction. It'll also allow them to make their own sabers and to personalize them.

So what will the imperials be teaching?
  2. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, let's break this a little.

Jedi Academy

You need to teach them how to fight with a saber so that no one gets hurt, teach then drills and moves.
    We should try to get the children into jedi youngling costumes. A simple tan with helmet. I would sugest that they stay with the afordable $8.00 sabers
    don't forget you can have rebels & pilots too.

Imperial Garrison

I have to look into what it would cost to make child size trooper costumes with a soft foam. There are many different troopers that can be made. Also some Imperial officers, artilery and tie pilots.
  3. Darth_Sniklefritz Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will join the imperial garrison
    with the skills I got from cadets I can teach drills and marching.
  4. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    well i just got finished talking with Flynn of the NY jedi. He said that he's excited to hear that there is a canadian saber group here. I'm currently talking to him right now to see if he'd be interested in coming down one day to give some pointers and teach some moves. He'll also see about sending up some materials for us to use in saber training. This includes some dvds and books.
  5. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! that's good to hear. Nows the hard part, starting it up.
  6. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I can make little jedi costumes, I already have tan silk noil (that's what mine's made from) as well as some various other fabrics.
  7. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    I've made up the instruction sheet for how to make a mini trooper costume. For the body armor it will cost about $30. Shoes, gun & under suit extra. I'm also going to make a vacuumform table to make good helmets.
  8. Darth-Influenza Jedi Master

star 1
    So, is there only 2 good guys and 2 bad guys.
  9. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well Janet and I are the only two good guys that come out the most. I'm not too sure about Tom and Robyn.
  10. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Well we kinda know Tarlynn is a good guy. but darthsolvo I don't know. Again it's that whole dark jedi !@#$. How can you be a bad good guy it's an oxymoron. There are some things that you just have to say no to. I mean just because someone could not write a good star wars story they had to come up with dark jedi.
  11. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    i'm more of a grey jedi if you think about it. I pull on both sides of the force :p
  12. StarfleetJedi Jedi Padawan

so if it would cost $30 for a kid sized trooper armour, how much do you reckon it'd be for an adult sized one?
  13. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    maybe double of what the childs cost?
  14. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    well what are you looking for.

For a child under 5' it would be about $30. just for the body armor in a soft foam no helmet.
    For an adult you need the larger foam sheets that are twice as big but cost 5x more.
    Also I would like to make a tryal run at vaccumforming the foam in the next month. I know there is an interest in Obi-Wans armor with a robe and the foam would give the freedom to fight with a saber. With PVC you can't mave all that much and fighting with a saber is out of the question.
    My armor is a full size PVC plastic it is $699.00 USD for the helmet and armor. If you were thinking of that now would be a good time, with the Canadian dollar so high. You can check them out at the for sale link on DH2 costumes. I got mine from Jeff at Studio Creations.
  15. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You wouldn't want me teaching. I barely know the basics.
  16. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't the saber training going to be more self control then anything. Most people know how to swing a saber but teach them to use the force and know when to strike, when to block and when to get the hell out of the way.

Adults can share techniques and moves. You should be able to learn from each other from practising. If you have kids they need to be taught control and moves. so that you don't have a whole bunch of people that hit on the hilts and brake fingers. It would be effective in real combat but not so good in pratise or demontrations.

ps, DaleSaber remember to call me when you are done school and we can go down and see the location of your secret rebel base for the jedi academy.
  17. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    funny. I'll be sure to destroy your garrison if you do anything.
  18. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Only if you the last jedi.

It's funny how when there are a lot of jedi all you have to do is point and shot and you've killed one. Then when there is only one jedi a thousand troops could not hit them. It's called story preservation. Where would we be if that stupid little farm boy was shot the first time he was shot at.
  19. DarthPapa Jedi Master

star 1
    How about the stupid gunner on Vaders Star Destroyer? He could have ended the whole thing right there by blasting the "malfunctioning" escape pod that had "no life forms aboard"

BLAST= end of the jedi (also end of the movie 5 minutes in!)

DarthPapa
  20. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not just the bad guys that can't hurt them. Look at the millenium Falcon, it was so full of holes but even meetiors could not hurt it when they should have riped it apart.

DarthPapa will you be coming out to some of the group meeting? We have one on the 10th of June & in July there are 2 groups starting that are more for children.
  21. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I guess if you want me to teach simple forms, control, and what to look for when someone is trying to duel, I can do that.
  22. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey DaleSabers. How you doing with that location for the jedi academy?

If your thinking about cost you may want to consider having everyone that goes donate a buck each time. You can also get everyone to collect pop cans and take them in.

that's what I was thinking of on how to pay for it and some trips to laser quest and military musiam.

The big thing is that you really have to get the word out on what your doing. It's just that unless you like to pay for everything then you need as many people as you can get.
  23. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    i just found out that i will barely even have time to do the academy during the summer time. I'm going to be busy doing some work at my stepfathers place.
  24. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
  25. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    i'm not even sure what it is right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.