main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon July OFF Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Ayn, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    Sounds like fun! any buses going out that way? I'm a strictly public transport individual.

2. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I'm sure we can get a carpool going, I know I'd like to save some money or some gas like that. I've got a Subaru Outback that can comfortable seat five or less people.

-Kyle

3. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

Just a quick thought on the banner idea. Im not a graphic or art person, but I was thinking it might be nice if we could eventually end up having a banner/sign similar to whatever we end up choosing as our web banner. Kind of get an OFF theme going. I dont know what all would be involved, but having a recognizable OFF logo as a fixture at SW events would be nice. Maybe we should start a banner/sign thread and let the artists come up with some ideas?

4. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Im not sure if Bill and I will be able to make it on those dates (we are still not sure when Bill's daughter Christine will be with us for the summer), but assuming we can go, we can take at least one or two people with us. Sounds like fun, Im hoping we will be able to go and check out jawafett's collection.

5. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Did we decide to meet up with CCG/501st BBQ if the invite is still open? I know I would like to meet up with them and chat about SW stuff.

I have a OFF Event Banner idea. A White Banner, like a parade banner, with an OFF Logo(whatever we decide on), a DST Logo, a CCG/501st Logo, and a Kamino Squad Logo. If we could get permission from these groups to put on a banner their logos, and participate in activities with them maybe all of our groups would have a more visible attraction to more membership/activity.

July meeting Topics-
    OFF Forum website banner finalists/decision??
    OFF Event Banner ideas
    OFF CR Official Crowning
    SW Collecting/Costuming/Favorite items show and tell, lol.
    Next meeting location & time??
    Just a few things that we can talk about more.

6. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    I am just wondering. Are we all just getting together this July at the CCG/501st BBQ without a seperate OFF event, or are we doing both? Are there light saber duels in our future? I know I'll suck royally at best since the only person I've ever dueled with is my nephew. I did take a term at PSU of basic foil fencing, but all I remember is the plunge, and of course light saber dueling is in the style of the more advanced saber dueling (hence the name, duh!).

I would love to do a saber fighting/picnic event. Perhaps we could reserve the light saber action for our August event suggested by Jawafett, that way we could avoid the whole legal issues of saber fighting in the park.

7. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    that sounds like an interesting idea. I have yet to get ahold of anyone as far as legal ramifications are concerned.

8. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Yes, I think that it was desided that we would call the CCG BBQ out July meeting. We can hang a bit together as a group, and mill around at times meeting and greeting.

I love the idea of saber fighting in August...........Jawafett, with that be OK for your place? My only question is, what will be use for sabers?

9. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    These topics sound good to me. We should probably get some kind of schedule of events from CCG to see when the best time would be for us to get together and discuss the topics. I will see if I can get any info.

We should get an official tally of the number of OFF members going to the BBQ so that we can contact CCG with the numbers. I think they want RSVPs

Regarding the combined banner....It might work...we can always ask. Regarding Kamino, I'm not sure they're invited? CCG and Kamino are still working out some differences.

10. brigandarklung

Nov 9, 2005

I have some extra shinais that I can bring.

11. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Im really sorry to say that Bill and I wont be able to make it to the August BBQ :( Bill's daughter, who lives in Ohio with her mom, will finally be getting to spend some time with us over August. And since Bill no longer works from home, we will be trying to pack as much into weekends as we possibly can. We both will miss hanging out with you guys, take lots of pictures!
    We've been missing having her with us for months now and we only have a few weeks to spoil her, so we need to make the most of it.

12. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    We will miss having you guys there, but we understand.....Bills daughter somes first.:)

13. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    All right, Ara said that the schedule for the Cloud City BBQ is generally random, so we can schedule any meeting time/group even as we wish. She also said that they would welcome an OFF banner. Is there anyone that would be interested in getting a banner together? For now something as simple as our name (The Oregon FanForce), with TheForce.net web site listed.

We should also get a list of members who plan to attend, so that we can inform Cloud City of our numbers. So far we have:

CrashDown and Blue
    JawaFett
    XecoFreemoon
    GrumpyDevil
    MaraSkywalkeriii

Anyone else?

It looks like Could City still need a few things for the event.

Chicken and/or hotdogs
    Hamburger patties
    Barbeque implements (tongs, etc)
    Small barbeques
    Balloons for water
    More toys (balls, bats, whatevah)

If anyone can help with some of these I?m sure they would really appreciate it. It looks like MaraSkywalkeriii is already bring some items (way to go !!)

14. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    If I had a barbeque, I'd bring it. But I don't.

I made a logo based on the Travel Oregon logo. Tell me what you think:
    http://www.freak23.com/images/off_logo_wookie.gif

-Kyle

15. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Works for me. If everyone aggrees?
    Can you print this out at banner size?

16. brigandarklung

Nov 9, 2005
    I like the logo. It works nicely.

17. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I can't print it at banner size, but I can print out little ones and tape 'em together.

-Kyle

18. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Dont forget Bill and I. :) We don't want miss out on seeing everyone especially since we wont be able to make it to the August BBQ/meeting. Did anyone make plans for specific meeting time/place at the 501st BBQ? There is also a SW Galaxies event that day (Rave of the Wookiees on the Wanderhome server), plus evening plans, so I need to do some careful planning. There is just too much to do in July!

19. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm sorry, I got mixed up. I thought you said you guys couldn't make the BBQ. Oh, happy days !![face_dancing]

The updated list:
    CrashDown and Blue
    JawaFett
    XecoFreemoon
    GrumpyDevil
    MaraSkywalkeriii
    Ayn and Bill

20. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006

Sorry, that did sound a little confusing. What I meant to say was we wont be able to make the one in August at Jawafetts but we are attending the July BBQ. Sorry for the confusion, I forget we were talking about 2 meetings in this thread. We will have Bills daughter with us in August and will have a lot to do to make sure she gets to do all kinds of fun Oregon stuff, so I want to be sure we get to see every at the July meeting. :)

21. brigandarklung

Nov 9, 2005

Going with the above topics, has anyone thought of starting to post meeting minutes/notes so that those who don't attend can still be informed?

22. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Kyle, I LOVE the banner. Wookiee Power!!

23. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Oh NO !!! I?ve double booked myself. I have a pre-scheduled picnic scheduled for the 22nd, starting at 11 AM in Scotts Mills. This is a profession gathering so I can?t miss it. This means I will be late to the Cloud City BBQ, if I make it at all. Man, I?m such a dope.:_|

I am hoping I will still be able to make the BBQ, but arrive late. I will check to see when I will likely leave Scotts Mills and inform everyone. Maybe we can have the OFF meeting a bit later in the day.

P.S. Blue will also be late, since she will be with me.:_|

24. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    OK, it looks like we will be able to make it by 4 PM, maybe earlier if we can get out sooner. I think if we schedule the meeting for around 4:30 to 5:00 PM we will be safe, but if you guys want to start it without us I understand. I don't want the meeting to be very formal, I want us all to have a good time at the BBQ.

Again, I am soooooo sorry that we will be late. I am looking forward to this BBQ much more than the earlier one.

25. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Well, Crashdown and Blue are doing a better job of scheduling then Bill and I. After looking at all the stuff we need to do on the 22nd, its just not possible for us to make it. We wont see you guys till September! :_| /wookieehowl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.