main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO July Update from your local RSA

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    July Update from your local RSA

Cities without a CR: If you would like to be the CR for your city when it becomes official, and want to be kept up in the loop with what?s going on at a CR level, could you please let me know which email address is the best way to get to you? I?m putting together an email distribution list so I can blast stuff to all of my CR?s (and up and coming CR?s) without having to PM each one directly. Please PM me with your address if you want to be included in that email list. Please note that CR?s need to be at least 18 years old.

There are a number of changes that have occurred recently that everyone may be interested in.

Mara_Jade_Fan is the new RSA for the US Pacific Region, including California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii. The reorg should be happening fairly soon, so expect a change to the Southwest Region in the next week or so.

Board Header Submissions: Official FF cities can use this cool new feature. You can submit ?board headers?, or ?Sticky posts? that will be at the top of the board on the screen. Most boards are using these for upcoming meeting info, notes to newbies, or other citywide info. Your local CR has the link for this in the City Rep Forum, and should be able to help you. Submissions should be sent to one of the 3 GSA?s.

The Global Support Team has expanded:
    Bobafemme has stepped down, and Rox and Obi-Anne have stepped up to join Hama, so now we have 3 Global Support Admins. I think this is good news for everyone, as there should almost always be a GSA awake and on the boards. Bobafemme is staying on, in an advisory role.

The FF activities (http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10335) and the FF Conventions (http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10290) boards are a little slow right now. These are forums that I feel that everyone in Fan Force should be taking advantage of a bit more. Conventions is for discussion about any convention that a FF might be interested in going to. San Diego Comic Con and Dragon Con immediately come to mind. Cons, even local ones, are a great place to meet new potential members and get the word out FF. Often times you can get a free table and passes, if you?re promoting a group like FF. I believe that is how Comic Con is treating us, at any rate. Activities is a place for you all to talk specifically about what you?ve done, what works and what doesn?t work. It?s also a great place to talk to non-CR?s about what they?ve seen work or flounder. There?s no sense in reinventing the wheel, so share the wealth, and you just might get a few good tidbits, too. :D If you?re looking to start a FF in your area, or spice up your forum, this is the place to talk about what works and what doesn?t!!!

Looking for ways to improve posting and have some fun on your boards? Try holding a ?Sock Puppet Theater?. We have done this twice now in Phoenix, and it seems to be very popular. (I stole the idea from Denver, so they get the real credit). In Phoenix, we hold it the first weekend of the month, as our official meetings are on the 2nd Saturday. We encourage members to create a ?sock puppet?, or a throwaway, fun new identity. Then they post in the ?theater?, in character, for the duration of the weekend. I then lock the thread on Monday, and give them until Saturday to guess who was what sock. Phoenix did almost 1500 posts this last weekend, and everyone involved had a great time. We then give prizes, or at least ridicule or congratulations to those who had the most creative/funny/weird character during the theater. Or a funny sock with a crown and face drawn in with magic marker. ;) Here was PHX?s last SPT, for reference: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7716390&replies=1490

I?d also like to see more articles posted about your events. It seems like we go in spurts, sometimes people are very good about announcing their activities, and then they forget to pass on anything for a while. I?m under the assumpti

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Take a breath, rest those fingers. Boy, that was a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.