July?

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by jedi_runya, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Lol, if I don't think about it I'm good :p Nice meeting you as well :)
  2. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, I was looking into the camping thing...first there is a two-night stay minimun requirement on weekends and a one-time reservation fee of $8.50 on top of the $8. per family fee. What do you guys think?
  3. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    I am still up for it! I will gladly camp two nights and we can all pitch in to break up the reservation fee.
  4. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope this heat wave has passed on before we go camping. We might have to have someone bring a window A/C unit and all sleep in one tent.[face_laugh]
  5. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Right now it is suppose to be cooler...

Ok, I reserved two sites for arrival July 28 for two nights.

Here is the map of the campsites..we have sites 50 and 51 in the lower right hand corner.

This is the link for directions to the park.

When you turn into the main entrance?I have loaded a map with a red line, showing where to go

here

If you need it bigger, let me know, and I will send the file.

I will have the confirmation in 48 hours, and it is charged to my card. :D
  6. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jeremy actually bought a battery powered fan/light that attaches to the top of the tent. He said it worked pretty good. But, we will have to see. I think we will just have to live at the lake if it is too hot.
  7. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Talked to Christina today and the campsites are reserved. We however cannot get to the campsites till after 3pm on Friday. Which is fine and gives us plenty of time and daylight to setup camp. I am not sure when we will head out. Depends on Jeremy and his work schedule, but we will not eat dinner there, but might cook some hotdogs or smores once there.
    If you plan on coming just to hang or picnic either of the days, please let Christina and I know and make sure you have one of our cellphone numbers. I plan to be at the lake on Sat. most of the day as it is supposed to be 98. Ugh!

It is not a far drive so please feel free to join us for a swim, bbq or smores round the campfire.

8. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Ugh, I'm not going to be able to make it out at all. Just found out I have to work from 10:30-8pm on Saturday. They freaking swamped me with work this week. Ironic, at the begining of the summer I had NO hours, now I have to many. Oh well not complaining too much, I could use the cash for D*C, C4, and CE.
  9. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
  10. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Tim's not going camping now. He has to work on Sunday.:( But, at least now I don't have to worry about the poor dog getting too hot or what I'm going to do with her when we go swimming. And that's less stuff to pack.
  11. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Amy,
    I am also without husband, kids and dog. Yay! It's cheaper this way too.
    Do you still have firewood Amy?

12. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, yeah. Since it'll only be me, I think I can cram my stuff in the cab of the truck and use the whole bed for firewood. My goal is to have a fire going the WHOLE time so I can get rid of it all. Unless it's intolerably hot with the fire going. If there is wood left I can go offer it to other campers for free when we leave.

Tim bought me a battery powered fan to use. Thank goodness! I still need to sit down and create a menu of some sort so I know what to get at the grocery store.
  13. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! I am sure the other campers will appreciate it and then there is "karma". Maybe one day when you need firewood. LOL!

I also have battery powered fan. It is supposed to cool the whole tent, but it didn't do a whole lot when we used it last Wednesday so we will see. It is supposed to act like a ceiling fan and help move the air through the tent and it has lights on it and hangs. I also have a little battery powered one that I will place at my head. As long as I feel a breeze on my face, I should be okay.
  14. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, as far as food goes I think I'm just going to raid the kitchen friday morning, then hit the store to add whatever I think I still need.
  15. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, you all missed it! We had a great time camping. Thanks Christina for putting it together. Thanks Amy for sharing your tent and John for protecting us from the Rabid, Monster, Mutant, Alien Cyborg Raccoons!!!!!!!!!! [face_laugh] LOL! [face_alien_1]
  16. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I had fun.:) I'm going to sleep for like 3 days now. Night night.

And by the way, John didn't protect us, he just acted as a barrier to slow them down.:p
  17. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Amy is right, and he would have happily thrown us to the wolves or in this case...raccoons. :D
  18. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    But not before I threw a spiked watermelon to them. And if they would have gotten within swinging distance I would have hit them with the stick.
  19. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    So true, I was trying to be sarcastic, it just didn't come through. LOL! John would of fallen and been our decoy really. I don't think his throwing or swinging aim would of been that good considering. LOL!

But, man did we have fun or what?!!! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.