main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL July30th Beech outing/Meeting whos all coming

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    COOL, hope you to see you guys there.

I should be able to fix the Jedi jett ski this weekend or next weekend for sure. Not much to it just need a cuople of plastic washers and bend the bracket back in place that holds the outlet jet for steering thats all. Sounds big buts not really, just time to get over to the sea-doo shop and get the parts is all. Should only take me about 30min. to fix as soon as I get the parts. Then its back to running like a raped ape.

2. SambaTahl

SambaTahl Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    "Running like a raped ape?"[face_laugh] Thats pretty good.
    I am back from my voyages abroad and anxious to get some sun! I will be there on Saturday and will probably bring something covered in Chocolate, since I can't survive without it! I assume that there is one main beach area so I will find ya'll right?

3. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    We will map it out for all... Some of us are staying overnight at the Ft. Desoto Campgrounds. Anyone else looking to camp?

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Welcome back...we missed you a lot!!! Hope you had a great time on your adventures...

5. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Fort De Soto Park
    3500 Pinellas Bayway,
    Tierra Verde, FL 33715-2528 (727) 582-2267
    fax: (727) 552-1863

[image=http://groups.msn.com/TampaDockingBay1138/directionstoftdesoto.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=152]

Post this link in browser and you should be able to view map

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Just made the big hamburgers for the BBQ. Will start packing o tomorrow night and getting ready.

Come on folks lets go have fun. Sorry I may not be able to do much water play but can cover my eye and give it a try.

7. crfields

crfields Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    when i'm coing into fort desoto off the main road, are you guys going to be on the beaches on the left, or on the right?

Do you have a shelter number you are trying for?

Please call me when you get there to let me know. 813-294-4007.

i dont know if i still have anyones number, please pm with you cell numbers if you can. thanks =)

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Turn right and go past the fort and consession stand to the picnic tables and BBQ's. Are the shelters reserved? I was planning on a shady tree covered area near a BBQ and table.

9. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay we need a final idea and count of who is coming and bringing what.

Marie: hot dogs, hambergs, some buns, cheese, ice, drinks, coolers. Probably some other snacks.

10. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    can we get a list of what is needed right now as far as supplies?

11. crfields

crfields Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, I have bad news, well, not really bad, but one of my students in my kung fu class gave me a pair of tickets to disney, unfortunalty, the only time holly and I can go is saturday, so we'll have to miss the meeting =(. I was really looking forward to desoto, thats one of my favorite places to relax for the day. Hope everyone has a good time.

12. Eddiehorror

Eddiehorror Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I'm with you too.

Me and my girlfriend should be there.

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Right now I have:

Ross/Denise: ????

Marie: Hamburgs, hotdogs, buns, ice, drinks and some condiments, charcoal, cooking utensils, (Pepsi, root beer, ???)

Gabriela: ????

Annie/Matt: ??????

Joe/Shiela: Strombolis, dessert

Kevin: S'mores

Andrea: Chocolate something good.

Mike, Kevin and some others are tentative.

We need paper goods, cups, a watermelon would come in handy. Chips dips, and anything else you can think of. If you want certain drinks please let us know or bring it with you. We can always use ice and coolers to keep salads and stuff from spoiling.

Beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, etc. I am making an ice run in the AM when the gate opens. I will bring a few coolers but I am sure we can use more. Anything you can think of or would like will help.

This is what I have so far so let me know so I can repost this tonight...I will be leaving right after work to get to the park before the gate closes.

Denise PM me as to what space we are in.
    Thanks

14. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    I can bring the watermelon. I should be there late morning/early afternoon. Annie will not be able to make it. I can only stay for a few hours, but looking forward to a good time.

15. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that is she okay?

16. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Thank you for asking Marie. Yeah, she's taking it easy for awhile. She can't be out in the sun too much, so she will have to skip the beach meeting.

17. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    I'm a no go...got to work.

18. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    JET SKI IS FIXED WE ARE A GO WITH WATER.

19. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    [face_devil] It was hotter than the 3rd ring of Hades, but it was a good weekend for those if us who camped out. We had a nice waterfront site, but the Red tide made the sea air a lot less than pleasant. After the Saturday parties left around 5pm or 6, we went and trailered the jetski, cleaned up and broke camp by 9pm. I love camping, but in Florida, it is best done in the fall and winter months. Just too dang hot and buggy for us techies who like our electronic toys and the comforts of airconditioning.

We didn't really do a business meeting, just kind of hung out and talked about what costumes and toys we are currently working on and future events. We only had 11 folks out there so not enough to have quorum for voting on any issues, so we will need to have at least 15 members for voting for anything like new positions and any big plans.

We probably won't be doing anymore beach things this summer because it is just too dang hot. The next scheduled thing is a meeting at Joe & Sheila's for August and then a convention the last weekend of August. Will discuss more future events in another thread.

20. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    I wanted to thankyou for inviting me to camp out!! I had a blast even though i could not stay overnight.

There is a convention the last week of August??

Gabrielle

21. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I had a great time camping....thanks to Denise and Ross for sharing their equipment and the waverunner.

It was great to see everyone and meet some new folks...Looking forward to the Sith cheerleaders at DragonCon.
    Thank you all for coming, maybe in the fall when it is not so hot and maybe no red tide we can do this again.

22. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Sorry this post is so late, but thanks again guys I had a wonderful time. Ross your jetski is awesome, I can't wait to ride it again. Nice to see everyone out there and I hope we get an even bigger turnout for the august meeting.

23. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Matt your welcome, it was fun. I hope to go out again soon but around here in Tampa. We had a lot of fun camping out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.